Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 07:48:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330180 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 258 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 352564 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: April 24, 2013, 03:38:20 PM »

I'm in the same boat - I stopped at 5 Mag and 4 Int for my MC. ;) So far it has not been an issue but I'm still kinda early (just finished astro museum, I know I know - SLACKER).

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3031 on: April 24, 2013, 03:48:57 PM »

I've been putting all my points into str, agi and en. Every once in a while I'll throw into luck. Nemissa's magic attack is ridiculously high. Just adding one point into magic raises her attack so much.Putting a point into str raises your attack by 1 or 2.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3032 on: April 24, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »

How easy is it in Soul Hackers to screw yourself over with stat gains?

The main character gets no magic correct, so should everything go into Str, Agi, En?

That's what I mainly do as well, but I'm pretty sure Int (but not Mag) raises Magic Defense.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: April 24, 2013, 04:04:15 PM »

That's what I mainly do as well, but I'm pretty sure Int (but not Mag) raises Magic Defense.

Correct.

I've been putting all my points into str, agi and en. Every once in a while I'll throw into luck.
This is exactly what I've been doing thus far. So far his EN is the highest because of a bonus from his samurai? armor.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3034 on: April 24, 2013, 10:54:49 PM »

Nemissa's magic attack is ridiculously high. Just adding one point into magic raises her attack so much.
Doing 600 something damage to bosses with a basic magic attack spell is pretty funny.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3035 on: April 26, 2013, 12:12:19 AM »

Shin Megami Tensei IV [English] Teaser Trailer -- AtlusUSA, YouTube

I don't know about that voice acting... probably is something only for the trailer but I doubt it.
Federax

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3036 on: April 26, 2013, 07:57:32 PM »

Hi guys, I've been playing SMT: Strange Journey lately and I'm blown away by the quality of the game.  I bought it for 4$ in a local video game store.  I'm a huge RPG fan and I have been playing RPGs since 1992.  However, I only played Revelation: Persona and Persona: Eternal Punishment in the Shin Megami Tensei universe.  So today I bought P3Fes, P4, DDS1 & 2, SMT Nocturne and Devil Summoner 1 & 2 on Amazon.  Can't wait to dive deeper in this universe.  I know some of these games are very hard but I know I can manage them. 
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3037 on: April 27, 2013, 09:39:12 AM »

Then get ready fro great experiences. However depending on the order you will play them, get ready to get punished hard.
If you are more into story and character interaction, like me, I'd recommend Persona 3 and 4 before the others, if you are more into customizing your character, party and being challenged then play the others first, just please, do yourself a favor and don't start with Nocturne or you may rage quit it like me.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3038 on: April 27, 2013, 09:46:38 AM »

Oh, another warning, the dungeons in the DDS games and Nocturne tend to be extremely long. The final dungeons in each of the games are so huge it's ridiculous.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3039 on: April 27, 2013, 10:02:22 AM »

DDS1 has a lot of savepoints though.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3040 on: April 27, 2013, 10:51:49 AM »

Oh, another warning, the dungeons in the DDS games and Nocturne tend to be extremely long. The final dungeons in each of the games are so huge it's ridiculous.

I'm playing through DDS1 currently and boy the beginning ones are already long...
Gladly like MeshGearFox is saying, there are lots of save points so it isn't so bad.

Also, now that I'm playing DDS1 and getting the hang of things I wonder if I were to tackle Nocturne now I would've done better. Sure there are a lot elements that make Nocturne hard as hell, but at least understanding how to abuse the push turn system would have made it a lot easier.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: April 27, 2013, 02:19:18 PM »

I benefitted a lot from beating DDS 1 and 2 before even attempting Nocturne. As a result Nocturne was much easier to get through. Don't get me wrong, it's still by no means a cakewalk.

I should play me some Nocturne again before SMTIV comes out.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Federax

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3042 on: April 27, 2013, 02:32:02 PM »

Thanks guys for the advices.  I was actually planning on playing Nocturne after the other ones because I heard it was brutal.  And yeah, I know what you mean about the long dungeons.  I remember the last one in Eternal Punishment being 5 our 6 hours long.  After Strange Journey, I will try Persona 3FES.  Now, I don't know if I should buy Innocent Sin on the PSP.  I don't remember a thing about Eternal Punishment even though I know Innocent Sin actually came out before EP.     
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3043 on: April 27, 2013, 03:18:18 PM »

Thanks guys for the advices.  I was actually planning on playing Nocturne after the other ones because I heard it was brutal.  And yeah, I know what you mean about the long dungeons.  I remember the last one in Eternal Punishment being 5 our 6 hours long.  After Strange Journey, I will try Persona 3FES.  Now, I don't know if I should buy Innocent Sin on the PSP.  I don't remember a thing about Eternal Punishment even though I know Innocent Sin actually came out before EP.     

You should be fine, it doesn't hurt that the game is easy as balls. P2 EP is also on the ps1 classics as well, so you can download that to play after.

EDIT: Also, I decided to buy Soul Hackers, and since I live in the good ol' midwest, no one at my local Gamestop had bought it, so I got the soundtrack! Although I can't play the game for  a week or two until my 3DS gets here. It will be a long week.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 03:23:50 PM by Bleaker » Logged

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3044 on: April 28, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »

You should be fine, it doesn't hurt that the game is easy as balls. P2 EP is also on the ps1 classics as well, so you can download that to play after.

I second this suggestion! That is what I just did (I'm currently 12 hours in on EP) and what a freakin' awesome way to experience the plot!! I am so wrapped up in the Persona 2-realm of the SMT-verse that I want to quit life and just play EP til if I finish it. I said it a few pages ago, but I really have not been this drawn into a narrative since playing games as a kid. I would go so far as to say, the p2 IS/EP experience has redefined what it is to me to enjoy a good JRPG story and play (in spite of gameplay fault or frustration fostered there of) purely to see it unravel.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 258 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: