Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:00:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 366026 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3045 on: April 28, 2013, 02:26:21 PM »

P4G spoilers

Code:
I'm at the real, real final boss-- at least, if Izanami is the real final boss. This game is fucking awesome. Marie's new dungeon was a little tedious, but it looked awesome and the boss fight music being from P4: Reincarnation was off the chain. Seriously one of the best games I've ever played.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3046 on: April 28, 2013, 03:10:52 PM »

Shin Megami Tensei IV over 50 hours long, has paid DLC -- Source: Gematsu
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3047 on: April 28, 2013, 04:18:12 PM »

Paid DLC.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuh... huh.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3048 on: April 28, 2013, 04:42:03 PM »

"Demon Fusion and conversation, etc. rewards the player with experience points."

I like the sound of that little tweak, minor as it may in fact be. I've totally felt demon convo shouldn't have to be at the expense of Xp.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3049 on: April 28, 2013, 05:34:48 PM »

P4G spoilers

Code:
I'm at the real, real final boss-- at least, if Izanami is the real final boss. This game is fucking awesome. Marie's new dungeon was a little tedious, but it looked awesome and the boss fight music being from P4: Reincarnation was off the chain. Seriously one of the best games I've ever played.

I've been playing through it slowly, and I'm just shocked how much extra stuff Atlus stuffed into Golden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3050 on: April 28, 2013, 11:01:29 PM »

Paid DLC.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuh... huh.

Mara costume for $10.
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3051 on: April 29, 2013, 12:39:50 AM »

Paid DLC.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuh... huh.

Mara costume for $10.
Day one.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3052 on: April 29, 2013, 06:04:21 AM »

Paid DLC for a handheld game?

Fuck it, I'm out.

I do not pay full price for incomplete games - especially for a handheld game that's $10 more expensive to begin with.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3053 on: April 29, 2013, 07:48:23 AM »

Fuck it, I'm out.

I do not pay full price for incomplete games - especially for a handheld game that's $10 more expensive to begin with.

Then again, it could be like FE:Awakening's DLC and actually be good (where you had a complete main game, a ton of free DLC, and the paid stuff being either retro tie in/references stuff which included extra maps, characters, skills, classes, and music, an extra story arc detailing what wasn't covered by the main game, maps built to further flesh out your PCs while adding alternate costumes, challenge maps with more extra characters if you complete the challenges, and some maps to expedite grinding on).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3054 on: April 29, 2013, 11:34:46 AM »

Fuck it, I'm out.

Just because there's DLC doesn't mean the game is "incomplete". I'm sure you've played an SMT game before, and you must know SMT games are always loaded with content. Why would this be any different? DLC is just a chance to expand the game, not tack on anything they couldn't initially. I think it's foolish to think that the games wasn't complete to the developers upon release.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3055 on: April 29, 2013, 11:57:57 AM »

Yup. Atlus kicks ass, and has literally never let me down. I'm going to buy the DLC just to support them, even if it's stuff I wouldn't normally care about, like costumes. I'm sure this game will be complete.

Plus, Index is in debt. It's either a slightly pricier game and paid DLC to raise profits (which it absolutely will), or we don't get any more SMT games.

People need to get over this mentality that every piece of DLC ever released is evil and indicative of a sinister incomplete game plot. Not every company is peddling horse armor.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: April 29, 2013, 03:03:38 PM »

People need to get over this mentality that every piece of DLC ever released is evil and indicative of a sinister incomplete game plot. Not every company is peddling horse armor.

It's mainly Lard doing this (Mesh just seems to be weary, and being new territory for Atlus it's understandable), but it's not really worth the effort arguing with him. He stands at the extreme, the only reason your statement wasn't constructing a strawman. Though at the least I can understand wanting a "complete" game, but I personally attribute it more to a personal twinge of OCD rather than a fault of the developers, not unless they deliberately cut content out without a real reason beyond "we could sell this!"

And... I'll wait to see what the DLC even IS. Probably just ignoring if it's costumes and crap, and absolutely ignoring if it's just money/EXP packs.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3057 on: April 29, 2013, 03:08:21 PM »

Major decision making time guys, I need P2 EP assistance ASAP!! Character spoiler below....

Code:
I can't decide who to choose to continue with, Ellen or Nate. Well more accurately I should say, I really want to go with Ellen. She seems waaaaaay cooler. Of course I read a wee bit about both and it seems people say Nate is the better choice but I'm still put off for some reason... so do I miss anything signifigant choosing ellen? will that choice make the game THAT much harder? WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!????

Please help soon my friends.... I must continue EP tonite and I can't make this decision without your help!... Well I guess I can but  I would really appreciate your input.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3058 on: April 29, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »

It's mainly Lard doing this (Mesh just seems to be weary, and being new territory for Atlus it's understandable), but it's not really worth the effort arguing with him. He stands at the extreme, the only reason your statement wasn't constructing a strawman. Though at the least I can understand wanting a "complete" game, but I personally attribute it more to a personal twinge of OCD rather than a fault of the developers, not unless they deliberately cut content out without a real reason beyond "we could sell this!"

And... I'll wait to see what the DLC even IS. Probably just ignoring if it's costumes and crap, and absolutely ignoring if it's just money/EXP packs.

If you'd bothered to read, it specifically stated it was mission based DLC. If it were costumes, I wouldn't care as much.

Taking out story content from an RPG, and especially a handheld game is just not cool.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: April 29, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »

If you'd bothered to read, it specifically stated it was mission based DLC. If it were costumes, I wouldn't care as much.

Taking out story content from an RPG, and especially a handheld game is just not cool.

We can argue whether it's something that would've existed without the possibility of DLC or if it's even something that can be argued as essential to the experience cut out to serve as DLC (like, say, ME3's BIG day 1 DLC), but we won't know until the game comes out so otherwise my point more or less stands. Dragon's Dogma had quest DLC right at release but it was just running around the world gathering tokens, I only bothered since they came with Dark Arsien and gave up after about 25 of them because there's more interesting things to do in the game than chase down gameplay MacGuffins that don't necessarily have great placement anyway. If that's more along the lines of what SMTIV has then it's mostly a non-issue.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: