Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 03:17:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327473 Posts in 13409 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 255 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 341141 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3075 on: April 29, 2013, 10:39:22 PM »

Is Devil Survivor Overclocked worth $40? I've played through the original once, way back in 2009/2010. I don't care much for the VA, but the 8th days seems interesteing.

Or should I save the money and hit You Tube instead?

Honestly, the extra days weren't worth it. I felt that one or two of them actually harmed the experience more than helped.  The developers did add some small things that made the presentation superior to the original - and not just the voice acting - but if you've played the original, you're not going to find a ton of new content, simply an overall cleaner experience.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3076 on: April 30, 2013, 05:58:52 AM »

Meanwhile in Soul Hackers land, my game froze during battle. I was in the cold storage warehouse at the time. It froze mid attack and I had to restart. Luckily I didn't lose much progress since I had saved about 10 minutes before.

Still, what's with all the freezing on the 3DS.

Is it prone to freezing in general?

I looked around some forums and the odds of it seems very low, but it is possible. Just save often and you should be fine.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3077 on: April 30, 2013, 04:54:54 PM »

Good God, I tried too hard to read the pro's and con's of a certain crucial character decision in P2 EP and totally spoiled something major on myself.... so bummed out over this I can't describe... Never again!!! The one time I check a faq and read a few wiki articles on a game I'm playing in like a year damnit! I haven't been this upset about a spoiler since the guy at Gamestop spoiled Tales of Graces F on me and I came here and whined about it.

On the bright side, I am really looking forward to seeing that which it was I spoiled unfold. And luckily I stopped reading before I saw that. So I suppose it wasn't a total negative.

Meanwhile in Soul Hackers land, my game froze during battle. I was in the cold storage warehouse at the time. It froze mid attack and I had to restart. Luckily I didn't lose much progress since I had saved about 10 minutes before.

Still, what's with all the freezing on the 3DS.

Oh the irony.  Play in warmer places and it won't freeze.

To add to the irony the other known factor for causing the freeze is both bufu and mabufu spell if I'm not mistaken. I get nervous every time I cast it....LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3078 on: April 30, 2013, 05:41:00 PM »

I remember when I bought P4, the girl at Gamestop was geeking out over the game (and cosplaying) and warned me multiple times not to look at the art book because it had spoilers.  She was really cute, but looked a tad young for me. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3079 on: April 30, 2013, 05:56:17 PM »

I remember when I bought P4, the girl at Gamestop was geeking out over the game (and cosplaying) and warned me multiple times not to look at the art book because it had spoilers.  She was really cute, but looked a tad young for me. 

When I bought Soul Hackers the other day, the guy at the desk made fun of me for it. I asked to see his manager, and he was the manager. I think I am just going to do all my shopping on the Gamestop website from now on.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3080 on: April 30, 2013, 06:00:43 PM »

He made fun of you for it...? Generally game shop clerks are huge elitist assholes, but to actually try to drive away customers?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3081 on: April 30, 2013, 06:03:28 PM »

He made fun of you for it...? Generally game shop clerks are huge elitist assholes, but to actually try to drive away customers?

Elitism can do that to a person.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: April 30, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »

Why exactly did he make fun of you for it? Hell, for that matter, are you even sure he was the manager or was he just saying that so you wouldn't get to talk to the actual manager? And if he really is.... then yeah that's even more pathetic.

With games like this the EB Games clerks always tell me I lucked out (if I didn't preorder) because they know how rare and in demand they can be. Especially SMT.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3083 on: April 30, 2013, 06:29:21 PM »

I was given a hard time when I bought a pink Game Boy Advance. 

I bought Soul Hackers from a mom 'n pop game store. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3084 on: April 30, 2013, 08:12:44 PM »

Maybe because the cover has that white haired girl on it? That happened to me when I bought Atelier Meruru after (loudly) completely disregarding the possibility of buying God of War to my friend.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3085 on: April 30, 2013, 09:59:46 PM »

I can't believe what I just read. In all honesty, most games I buy that might have embarassing box arts don't sell here, so I would have to buy them online anyway but still, this makes me wonder if this is why some games insist the "generic" male with the gun on the cover or maybe a game like Atelier Rorona got her protagonist out of the box art for the western release.

If I were the employee of the store, I could care less if you were a 5 years old girl or Silver Stallone, I'd try to sell anything at you, be it the last call of duty or the game with the girliest cover of the store, instead of making fun of the customer.

I remember when a friend of mine traveled to the US and I asked him if he could bring me a DS Lite. At the time people could barely find it. All were in shortage, the only ones he could find were the pink ones, but on the last day he found me a blue/black one. The thing is I told him he could bring me any color as long as it was a DS. It could be pink with white bubbles, as long as you're fine with it, why should you care what other people, especially strangers, are thinking.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3086 on: April 30, 2013, 11:40:17 PM »

^You don't seem to know that people that worked on Remember Me, The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls had troubles putting their female characters in the front of the box.

Hell, didn't you pay attention to the box art of BioShock Infinite with Booker as the "badass motherfucker with a gun" in the front and Elizabeth (the most important character in the game) in the back? That was all because to not affect sales, but don't sweat it because you can download a custom box arts in the official site if you want.

...and I almost forgot but there were some copies of Catherine "censored" to not show the sexier side of the game.

If you think about it is like a big portion of the West seems to be afraid of everything that has to do with females and sexuality in their box arts for whatever reason.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3087 on: April 30, 2013, 11:44:27 PM »

God of War: Game about staring at oily, naked men. A-OK!

Soul Hackers: Slight cleavage on the cover. OH MY GOD WHAT SORT OF MAN WOULD WANT BOOBS.

I'm not saying that Western society has a double standard towards sexuality in videogames. I'm just saying that Western society has a double standard towards sexuality in videogames.

(Meanwhile I'm just gonna go back to the 80s where box arts prominently features lots of naked people, of both genders, and in a thrilling melange of species).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3088 on: May 01, 2013, 12:18:47 AM »

When I bought Soul Hackers the other day, the guy at the desk made fun of me for it. I asked to see his manager, and he was the manager. I think I am just going to do all my shopping on the Gamestop website from now on.

If you still bought from there, do the survey at the bottom of the receipt.  Most companies do look at these things.  Just give him a really shitty rating and list the things he said.  Probably wouldn't hurt to throw in a line like, "I really like gamestop, but if this is how they're going to treat their customers then I'll just buy at Amazon/Best Buy/Walmart/insert favorite other store here".

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3089 on: May 01, 2013, 02:48:21 AM »

Just picked up a copy of Soul Hackers from gamestop, I have never had a problem with the employees around here, all of them are stand up dudes and chicks, all very polite, fun to talk to, not elitist at all.  I live in Green Bay, Wisonsin.  Anywho I also picked up a copy of Survivor Overclocked for 20 bucks at a local used store, and since I never played the original im also psyched to play that.  I also grabbed Atelleir Meruru from a gamestop in Duluth, MN when I was visiting my parents and the guys there were cool about it to, we talked about how hard the series is to find used and such.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 255 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: