Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 10:03:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341248 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 383133 times)
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3090 on: May 01, 2013, 07:40:24 AM »

I think he was basically trying to get me to buy Injustice. He just kept saying, "Dude somethings wrong with you if you want this, just get Injustice, its only 20$ more." I said no, payed and walked away. Either he was trying to be quiet, or he wanted me to hear him, when he said to the guy that came up after me, "I wonder how people can deal with all that anime shit, got a screw loose." Thats when went back and asked for a manager.

I'm going to go back on a different day to see if he was actually the manager. I was freaking shocked. If that guy is the manager, I think I am just going to go to Walmart or order online from now on. Driving away customers like that is god damn ridiculous.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3091 on: May 01, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »

I think he was basically trying to get me to buy Injustice. He just kept saying, "Dude somethings wrong with you if you want this, just get Injustice, its only 20$ more." I said no, payed and walked away. Either he was trying to be quiet, or he wanted me to hear him, when he said to the guy that came up after me, "I wonder how people can deal with all that anime shit, got a screw loose." Thats when went back and asked for a manager.

I'm going to go back on a different day to see if he was actually the manager. I was freaking shocked. If that guy is the manager, I think I am just going to go to Walmart or order online from now on. Driving away customers like that is god damn ridiculous.

Wow! What a dick. I can't believe that.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3092 on: May 01, 2013, 11:38:12 AM »

That is pretty awful. I'm working at Gamestop right now while I look for something better, and I've never had a co-worker like that. We sometimes discourage customers from buying games if reviews are genuinely bad, but otherwise we all respect everyone's different tastes.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3093 on: May 01, 2013, 11:43:18 AM »

when he said to the guy that came up after me, "I wonder how people can deal with all that anime shit, got a screw loose." Thats when went back and asked for a manager.

That was going to be my suggestion.

They're there to sell you games, not criticise what you buy.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3094 on: May 01, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »

That is pretty awful. I'm working at Gamestop right now while I look for something better, and I've never had a co-worker like that. We sometimes discourage customers from buying games if reviews are genuinely bad, but otherwise we all respect everyone's different tastes.
My selfish dream is to work there (and hopefully they won't ignore my third attempt this time) and possibly help people with recommendations.

Except I guess that'd be kind of against the rules. The mindset of customers are very varied...but that shouldn't be a reason for a worker to openly insult their customers. It's just stupid, not to mention damaging to the business. I never came across that kind of GameStop worker here near the border - all of them are pretty cool people.

If I get dissed one time...I'll complain to HQ.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3095 on: May 01, 2013, 03:28:53 PM »

The worst I've gotten at Gamestop is pushy salesmen trying to get me to preorder games I don't want. "Do you want to preorder blah blah blah?" "No, thanks." "Are you sure?" "I said "No, thanks"!"

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3096 on: May 01, 2013, 04:12:44 PM »

The worst I've gotten at Gamestop is pushy salesmen trying to get me to preorder games I don't want. "Do you want to preorder blah blah blah?" "No, thanks." "Are you sure?" "I said "No, thanks"!"

Seriously.  I went to two different gamestops for Soul Hackers (the first one just had the pre-orders left) and the one near my work sucks since the cute college girl quit.  Their recommendations are shit and are usually just whatever game just came out and they leave it at that.  The 2nd one the guy was pretty cool.  Actually had great recommendations based on what I was buying and it was a pretty good experience.  If I didn't hate going to the mall and also hate gamestop, I probably would have pre-ordered the ones he mentioned.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3097 on: May 01, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »

Injustice is not even that great... unless if you are into that comic shit I guess. *shrug*
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3098 on: May 01, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »

Injustice is not even that great... unless if you are into that comic shit I guess. *shrug*

Fighting games to me now, are only as good as their single player. I rented it, it had a pretty decent story, but a lot of the time, it felt like they were putting in fights, just for the sake of having 4 fights each character, unless your Batman and you get 9 because you are god damn Batman.

I do like how Injustice did the story though, going by chapters, each with a new character continuing off the last, and building a story. P4A had a good story, but not good enough for me to justify playing through it 9 times with a different character.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3099 on: May 01, 2013, 06:15:15 PM »

^I thought that Mortal Kombat was better than Injustice overall. Even considering that though I enjoy more The King of Fighters XIII and Skullgirls personally.

Also to keep the thread on topic, I read a few days ago that the SMT IV Soundtrack is going to have around 100 tracks or a bit more than that. If that's true that would be almost the same amount of music Final Fantasy IX has.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3100 on: May 01, 2013, 11:59:30 PM »

If they're as good as what's been shown off so far, I will bask in all 100+ glorious tracks of SMT music.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3101 on: May 02, 2013, 07:51:55 AM »

Now who wants to bet that the full soundtrack will not be released in America?

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3102 on: May 02, 2013, 07:54:29 AM »

Now who wants to bet that the full soundtrack will not be released in America?

I will. And I will bet all of my money against all of your money.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3103 on: May 02, 2013, 09:11:31 AM »

SMT IV Sound & Art Collection -- VGMdb

Pretty sure that's all the music we are gonna get.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3104 on: May 02, 2013, 10:59:39 AM »

Welp, that was one of the best games I've ever played in my life. It will be the only game I will ever give enough shits about to get a platinum trophy in.

Also I will stab Atlus (and be 100% surprised) if we don't get good OST releases for SMTIV.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: