Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 03:43:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341040 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 380930 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3105 on: May 02, 2013, 11:02:04 PM »

I'm wondering what this history OST will consist of. SMT 1 & 2 tracks? Or just localized stuff?

Also, it's kind of a shame they never exploited the 20th/25th anniversary last year.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3106 on: May 03, 2013, 07:31:28 AM »

I'm wondering what this history OST will consist of. SMT 1 & 2 tracks? Or just localized stuff?

Also, it's kind of a shame they never exploited the 20th/25th anniversary last year.

They were too busy exploiting Persona 4 to notice. I'm surprised we'd be getting the History OST, considering we never got SMT 1 or 2. You'd think those two would be considered really lost games by now. We usually get all of them these days, with a few glaring exceptions.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3107 on: May 03, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »

I would be pleasantly surprised if we received remakes of SMT1+2 on the 3DS. I've tried multiple times to play SMT2 on an emulator, but I think it's too outdated for me.

"Oh, a hunter..."
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3108 on: May 03, 2013, 08:22:08 PM »

I would be pleasantly surprised if we received remakes of SMT1+2 on the 3DS. I've tried multiple times to play SMT2 on an emulator, but I think it's too outdated for me.

I had a pretty easy time of it. It's much less tedious than SMT1, but boy does it have some annoying fetch quests.

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3109 on: May 03, 2013, 10:20:31 PM »

I would just like to say that the English voice acting for Ellen in P2 eternal punishment is quite possibly the most entertaining dub work my ears have ever heard.

Seriously the dub-work in this game is so bad its almost good... that is, I can't imagine the mood of things being nearly what it is without it. Almost makes me wonder if they made everyone sound so... well, however you would describe it... on purpose.

In other SMT news I was a baaaad soul hacks player this week. Eternal Punishment consumed me, and I am still just post the VR Haunted mansion is SH. I just couldn't put EP down right now if you paid me.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: May 03, 2013, 10:26:27 PM »

Yeah, Eternal Punishment actually had a relatively good dub for the time being, some of the voices might even be better than those chosen in IS (need to get further in that though.)

Incidentally, Innocent Sin PSP kind of IS the answer to "what if they were different?"
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3111 on: May 03, 2013, 10:31:28 PM »

I'm kinda burned out on SMT stuff at the moment (two playthroughs of Persona 4 and one of Persona 3 in three months...), but I went and obtained a copy of the PSP version of Innocent Sin.  Gonna hit that up once I get sick of my regular backlog. 

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3112 on: May 03, 2013, 10:35:44 PM »

Yeah, Eternal Punishment actually had a relatively good dub for the time being, some of the voices might even be better than those chosen in IS (need to get further in that though.)

Incidentally, Innocent Sin PSP kind of IS the answer to "what if they were different?"

The only voice I find absolutely horrible in EP's is Jun's. Lisa's is the same in both, but I actually prefer Eikichi's EP dub. They have a small role though, so no loss.

I grabbed IV screens from the US site:

Make a gallery out of them, I won't tell. ;)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:05:23 PM by cj_iwakura » Logged

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3113 on: May 03, 2013, 11:11:17 PM »

Just from those, I can tell this isn't going to be in the vein of Nocturne. Since everyone isn't, ya know, dead. Nocturne's atmosphere was awesome, I'm hoping this one sets out for a great atmosphere that's all its own.

Also, finally played Soul Hackers. Been waiting a week to get my hands on a 3DS. Nemissa is awesome. Its kind of odd, how nobody is really questioning Hitomi's schizophrenic behavior. The story did start off really well. The gameplay kind of slapped me in the face. I got to the first boss really fast, wondering why the game hasn't said anything about demon gathering, and I lost.

Went back with a couple demons, beat it in no time. I'm nearing the end of the warehouse now, I just hope the game can keep up the pretty good pace.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3114 on: May 05, 2013, 12:43:58 AM »

I agree with you the atmosphere in Nocturne is great, and since I'm also a big fan of survival horror I appreciate the solitude. On the other hand I think it doesn't help much to push the story forward. While I do enjoy both kinds of storytelling I favor more characters. That way even if the story doesn't happen to appeal to you at least the characters can.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3115 on: May 06, 2013, 08:44:09 PM »

Two [] concerns I have about specific flavors of DLC that might show up in SMTIV. I think they're both plausible, though they're also contradictory so if one of them exists, the other won't.

1. Hard mode is DLC. In terms of cost v. content, this is fine, since it re-contextualizes /the entire game/. The concern would be if they make the base game easier to incentivize people to buy this.

2. They make the game considerably hard, but there's always a guy nagging you to buy a DLC demon before every boss fight, and the DLC demon in question is specifically geared towards making that fight easier.

3. I want to lick Jonathan's teeth.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:49:46 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3116 on: May 06, 2013, 09:23:40 PM »

I think Atlus knows its audience enough not to do #2. Although I don't think they would consider option #3 either.

EDIT: Atlus opened the doors on SMT IV for America, and dang does it sound great. Although the main character being named Flynn is a little...odd.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:42:30 PM by Bleaker » Logged

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3117 on: May 10, 2013, 07:25:42 AM »

Is Devil Survivor Overclocked worth $40? I've played through the original once, way back in 2009/2010. I don't care much for the VA, but the 8th days seems interesteing.

Or should I save the money and hit You Tube instead?

Honestly, the extra days weren't worth it. I felt that one or two of them actually harmed the experience more than helped.  The developers did add some small things that made the presentation superior to the original - and not just the voice acting - but if you've played the original, you're not going to find a ton of new content, simply an overall cleaner experience.

Yeah, I thought so too and decided to pass. Thanks for the help!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3118 on: May 15, 2013, 07:06:30 AM »

Shin Megami Tensei IV (9/9/10/9, 37 points): The hardcore RPG folks at Famitsu couldn't get enough of the new SMT, by far their favorite portable title of the week. "The game does a great job of guiding you in through the tutorial," Ebihara wrote, "and I'm impressed how open it is to even beginners to the series. Despite that, the difficulty's set so that you're always toeing the line between life and death, and the Shin Megami Tensei-style tension is present in every battle."

"The battle system, where you strike at enemies' weak points in order to increase your number of turns, is as simple as it is thrilling," Yoshida added. "It's easy as always to get enthralled in demon fusions, and the 'recommendation' feature for fusions is also convenient."

Source: Polygon
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3119 on: May 15, 2013, 07:53:26 AM »

Shin Megami Tensei IV (9/9/10/9, 37 points): The hardcore RPG folks at Famitsu couldn't get enough of the new SMT, by far their favorite portable title of the week. "The game does a great job of guiding you in through the tutorial," Ebihara wrote, "and I'm impressed how open it is to even beginners to the series. Despite that, the difficulty's set so that you're always toeing the line between life and death, and the Shin Megami Tensei-style tension is present in every battle."

"The battle system, where you strike at enemies' weak points in order to increase your number of turns, is as simple as it is thrilling," Yoshida added. "It's easy as always to get enthralled in demon fusions, and the 'recommendation' feature for fusions is also convenient."

Source: Polygon

They didn't say anything bout the story. Damn you Polygon for not putting full review. And if it was the full review: Damn you famitsu for being lazy.

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: