Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 03:21:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335194 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 370049 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3150 on: May 20, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »

Likewise.  He's good with a more "painterly" style, a lot of his Persona art is like anime pop art.

Persona 3 bridged the gap and still had some art similar to that, but with P4 he just went full-on anime.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3151 on: May 22, 2013, 01:42:51 AM »

As far as SMT artwork is concerned I am far more enticed by the Soejima side of the coin, as opposed to the Kaneko. While I feel Kaneko's work stylistically offers a great deal more "character" than Soejima's, I am just a sucker for the lush color anime work Soejima has cranked out in recent years. However I certainly am not turned off by either artist and I will totally give credit where credit is due.... Kaneko is responsible for the visual direction of my absolute (new) favorite protag. ever- Tatsuya from Persona 2.

Kaneko seems to work in a very signature palette of sorts. That, coupled with his distinct "style" of drawing, makes his work  recognizable from a mile away.  Having that strong of an "identity" to your art, is what makes a stellar artist in my book.

And that is all I have to say about SMT artwork... now back to my grind through p2EP... I'll be back in a week or two when I'm finished-LoL

EDIT: On the note of Eternal Punishment... I am floored with the amount of optional content in this game. I can't imagine how long it would take if I really wanted to get to most of the optional stuff. With so much other stuff on the shelf calling my name (coupled with the fact that I haven't played ANYTHING other than SMT/Persona stuff for the last 2 months) I am ready to move on but damn I wish I had the time/wherewithal to manage to get some of more rare persona and whatnot.

At 60 hours in, with a tentative 10-15 to go (I imagine) I can easily see how this game could demand 100+ hours and still leave you with a great deal to do if you so desired...  I wish I discovered this when it came out in my childhood/teen years... this could have been a whole summer vacation worth of gaming-LoL
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:33:29 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3152 on: May 22, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »

While are people arguing over the art? It's clear that people have different tastes and in the end it all boils down to personal taste in art. I personally prefer Kaneko, but Soejima's Persona art is fantastic as well. I played Persona 2 a long time ago, but it wasn't until Digital Devil Saga and Persona 3 that I became a really big Megaten fan.

"Oh, a hunter..."
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3153 on: May 22, 2013, 08:30:33 PM »

As far as SMT artwork is concerned I am far more enticed by the Soejima side of the coin, as opposed to the Kaneko. While I feel Kaneko's work stylistically offers a great deal more "character" than Soejima's, I am just a sucker for the lush color anime work Soejima has cranked out in recent years. However I certainly am not turned off by either artist and I will totally give credit where credit is due.... Kaneko is responsible for the visual direction of my absolute (new) favorite protag. ever- Tatsuya from Persona 2.

Kaneko seems to work in a very signature palette of sorts. That, coupled with his distinct "style" of drawing, makes his work  recognizable from a mile away.  Having that strong of an "identity" to your art, is what makes a stellar artist in my book.

And that is all I have to say about SMT artwork... now back to my grind through p2EP... I'll be back in a week or two when I'm finished-LoL

EDIT: On the note of Eternal Punishment... I am floored with the amount of optional content in this game. I can't imagine how long it would take if I really wanted to get to most of the optional stuff. With so much other stuff on the shelf calling my name (coupled with the fact that I haven't played ANYTHING other than SMT/Persona stuff for the last 2 months) I am ready to move on but damn I wish I had the time/wherewithal to manage to get some of more rare persona and whatnot.

At 60 hours in, with a tentative 10-15 to go (I imagine) I can easily see how this game could demand 100+ hours and still leave you with a great deal to do if you so desired...  I wish I discovered this when it came out in my childhood/teen years... this could have been a whole summer vacation worth of gaming-LoL

Yeah, it's easy to see why Atlus USA of that era was only able to localize EP. It's a demanding game, and has a TON of content, arguably more than P3 or P4.

Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3154 on: May 24, 2013, 04:32:37 PM »

Tying up some loose ends in p2EP before moving on to what I presume to be the last dungeon (although I could be wrong) I came across the second Mu Continent 10-minute race-dungeon. Now I LOVE this game. I love it so much I feel like I'm feakin' 14 playing FF7 again for the first time... I haven't a bad word to say about it really... but I will say THIS (with caps and extra ellipses for effect of course) !!! HOW THE HELL DID THEY EXPECT YOU FIGURE OUT THAT PASSWORD IN 10-MINUTES!!! RIDICULOUS I SAY!!!!

I used estoma... I got the hints... but damn man... the was cruel... I will say no more on the matter to avoid ruining the lovely brain teaser for those who have yet to experience it.

Sorry folks, I just needed to express that.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3155 on: May 24, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »

I...used a walkthrough.

THE SHAME.
The shame.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3156 on: May 24, 2013, 06:32:28 PM »

I...used a walkthrough.

THE SHAME.
The shame.

There is no shame in that my friend. In all honesty, I think anyone who says they figured that out in 600 seconds without a faq is a freakin' LIAR!

On the subject of faqs and mu continent (because I have a terrible fear of checking guides) does anyone have any advice on which persona are worth spending the time to acquire/unlock via the gambling prizes? I have gambled my way on blackjack up to 20,000 coins and  DO NOT have the patience to do so much more so I want the most "persona bang" for my coinage so to speak.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3157 on: May 25, 2013, 10:08:34 AM »

Pretty sure the fastest way to rack up the coins is bingo.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3158 on: May 25, 2013, 10:10:58 AM »

So there is day 1 DLC guys.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/23/shin-megami-tensei-iv-dlc-makes-leveling-up-easier/
Its kind of an extra dungeon if you really really really suck at the game, you go their, kill them, and they drop experience point boosts. This sounds like a cool thing for beginners, but...WHY ISN'T IT JUST IN THE GAME?

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3159 on: May 25, 2013, 11:03:57 AM »

If it was in the game I would probably think the game was balanced around that being in mind, so I would use it.

Since it's DLC I know it's not necessary and thus I won't use it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3160 on: May 25, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »

Pretty sure the fastest way to rack up the coins is bingo.

Figures! I spread the rumor at the beginning for blackjack to payout big. I did so on account of just enjoying the blackjack game.... after seeing that blackjack does NOT in fact pay out big (not by my definition at least) I had a funny feeling i botched that decision.

If it was in the game I would probably think the game was balanced around that being in mind, so I would use it.

Since it's DLC I know it's not necessary and thus I won't use it.

I'll end up using it because these SMT games kick my ass!! My recent runs of P2EP and Soul Hackers have proven to be the most challenging gaming experiences I have had in recent history to be honest.... Well ok, Agarest war 2 on hard was more difficult but in a completely different "frustrating and unfair" sort of way... anyhow, point being I will exploit any edge I can get in SMT IV even if it costs me a couple bucks as I now suffer from PTSMTS (post-traumatic-shin-megami-tensei-syndrone)

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3161 on: May 25, 2013, 12:58:29 PM »

Haha, do you plan on playing Persona 3 and 4, Klyde? I highly recommend them.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3162 on: May 25, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »

So there is day 1 DLC guys.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/23/shin-megami-tensei-iv-dlc-makes-leveling-up-easier/
Its kind of an extra dungeon if you really really really suck at the game, you go their, kill them, and they drop experience point boosts. This sounds like a cool thing for beginners, but...WHY ISN'T IT JUST IN THE GAME?
Unlike FE: Awakening, this DLC doesn't sound that needed. It's like the Super Guide in NSMBW.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3163 on: May 25, 2013, 04:50:54 PM »

Yeah, plus, the demon is just a palette swap of an existing demon. I'm not too concerned. Selling ways to "quickly" clear a game is pretty popular these days, but I doubt it'll be necessary. We'll see what else comes later.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: May 25, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »

Unlike FE: Awakening, this DLC doesn't sound that needed. It's like the Super Guide in NSMBW.

I don't think FE:A's DLC really counts as "needed" unless you want to safely build certain characters.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: