Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 01:31:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334817 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 367190 times)
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3330 on: July 16, 2013, 10:08:26 PM »

Voice acting bothered me for the first cutscene and where you input your name, otherwise it ain't that bad IMO. I've died a lot in this game, BUT I REFUSE CASUAL MODE! Until I get lazy and when I'm lazy I'm tempting.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: July 16, 2013, 11:48:30 PM »

Anybody knows if the Amazon cardboard box armor is any less suited to the early game?

It's cardboard what do you think will happen!?

Seriously though I'll check the stats when I get my hands on my copy.

Ok, it seems underwhelming relative to the GameStop one, just gives you +2 HP over the default and switches your weakness from Fire to Pierce. I guess somehow it's better to be set on fire rather than shot by a gun when wearing a coat made from shipping boxes.
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3332 on: July 17, 2013, 01:23:08 AM »

Enjoying this a lot so far. Played for over 4 hours. The game looks great and I actually feel like having the 3D on is worth it. It's very polished and otherwise just feels really good. Press turn system is ace as always.

I'm putting my stats 3 Mag / 1 Agi / 1 Luk for the time being. As interesting as I'm sure the Physical route might be with the gear and the like, it's hard to really be able to decide against Magic, given how powerful it is in these games.

As far as progress goes, I beat the first boss.

What's everyone spent their App Points on so far? At level 10, I've got:
Code:
Skill Expansion 1 and 2, Mapper, Expand Stock 1, 2 and  3, Demon Skill +1, Scout and Demon Fusion. I've got HP and MP recovery unlocked, and would think that the latter is nice, but it's 40 points. Another Demon Skill slot for 30 would be good, too. And I guess that I should probably pick up Demolingual at some point. Priorities, ugh...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:24:45 AM by Solstafir » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3333 on: July 17, 2013, 03:46:28 PM »

Anybody knows if the Amazon cardboard box armor is any less suited to the early game?

It's cardboard what do you think will happen!?

Seriously though I'll check the stats when I get my hands on my copy.

Ok, it seems underwhelming relative to the GameStop one, just gives you +2 HP over the default and switches your weakness from Fire to Pierce. I guess somehow it's better to be set on fire rather than shot by a gun when wearing a coat made from shipping boxes.

In other words, they both suck.

Glad I didn't preorder this game then.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3334 on: July 17, 2013, 04:46:04 PM »

Well, the game is still awesome, so it's not like something awful has happened to those of us who preordered and got the goofy-looking armor. If the preorder stuff was good, everyone would be complaining that it broke the game and OMG DLC IS EVIL.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: July 17, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »

I haven't even used the EB Games pre-order outfit yet. Anyone else in Canada use it?

I've had a .. very slow start to this game so far, but I wasn't feeling all that great either yesterday. Must be the heat. :P Plus, everything I've done was stuff I did in the E3 demo a month ago. Gotta say, I quite like Ali Hillis as Burroughs.

I died in the tutorial trying to recruit three demons. Good times. :D

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3336 on: July 17, 2013, 05:22:45 PM »

I did too, Liz. I got two but the third just wasn't coming and I took an unlucky crit and died.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3337 on: July 19, 2013, 05:53:31 AM »

Index is confirmed to be selling Atlus.

http://www.shopto.net/news/43486/Atlus-to-be-sold-off-by-Index-Corporation/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3338 on: July 19, 2013, 07:38:01 AM »

Wow. I'm not too worried that it will be picked up by somebody. Hell, it might even be better in the long run, though there's something to be said about Index' efforts to franchise the bejesus out of a select Atlus IPs.

If not, then I'll quit gaming.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3339 on: July 19, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »

Hopefully a 3rd party with a good track record of not messing with the creative process of its developers.
At destructoid there are a bunch of comments wanting it to be bought by Nintendo or Sony. Of the two I do prefer Sony for some reasons but in the end I truly hope it stays 3rd party. Maybe the folks at Tecmo/Koei could do well. Some people also mentioned Marvelous which I also think would be pretty good.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3340 on: July 19, 2013, 11:36:08 AM »

Not surprised. Hopefully Gungho or Marvelous will pick them up then (and I hope to god that Squeenix doesn't even touch them with a 39 and a half foot pole; those fuckers will bleed them dry and abandon their IPs after a single game).

Enjoying this a lot so far. Played for over 4 hours. The game looks great and I actually feel like having the 3D on is worth it. It's very polished and otherwise just feels really good. Press turn system is ace as always.

I'm putting my stats 3 Mag / 1 Agi / 1 Luk for the time being. As interesting as I'm sure the Physical route might be with the gear and the like, it's hard to really be able to decide against Magic, given how powerful it is in these games.

As far as progress goes, I beat the first boss.

What's everyone spent their App Points on so far? At level 10, I've got:
Code:
Skill Expansion 1 and 2, Mapper, Expand Stock 1, 2 and  3, Demon Skill +1, Scout and Demon Fusion. I've got HP and MP recovery unlocked, and would think that the latter is nice, but it's 40 points. Another Demon Skill slot for 30 would be good, too. And I guess that I should probably pick up Demolingual at some point. Priorities, ugh...

Currently at Level 5 right now and I've put my App Points on
Code:
Skill Expansion 1 and Fundraise, in addition to Mapper and Scout.

As for stats, I've been building with heavy emphasis on Strength and Agility right now with less emphasis on Magic and an occasional point in Dexterity and Luck.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3341 on: July 19, 2013, 12:03:59 PM »

Not surprised. Hopefully Gungho or Marvelous will pick them up then (and I hope to god that Squeenix doesn't even touch them with a 39 and a half foot pole; those fuckers will bleed them dry and abandon their IPs after a single game).

You said the same thing last time.

Personally I don't see that happening but, I don't know... if it happens I guess that the meltdowns will be fun to watch at least.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3342 on: July 19, 2013, 01:59:28 PM »

I wouldn't mind Marvelous, but I don't think they could afford it.  GungHo could, though.  They're sitting on a pile of cash from their ridiculously successful mobile game Puzzle and Dragons.

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3343 on: July 19, 2013, 03:24:50 PM »

I want my SMT Warriors game!

Seriously.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3344 on: July 22, 2013, 08:53:09 AM »

The rumors are saying that Nintendo is poised to pick up Atlus. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/07/rumour_nintendo_is_shaping_up_to_acquire_troubled_atlus

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: