Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:10:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332773 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 360835 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3345 on: July 22, 2013, 10:47:47 AM »

Persona 5 for the WiiU?  I think that would be a system seller. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3346 on: July 22, 2013, 10:51:26 AM »

The rumors are saying that Nintendo is poised to pick up Atlus. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/07/rumour_nintendo_is_shaping_up_to_acquire_troubled_atlus
Persona 5 for the WiiU?  I think that would be a system seller. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eal4fep7pK4

Imma just gonna leave this here.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3347 on: July 22, 2013, 10:59:01 AM »

LOL.  I already own a WiiU so the rumor doesn't bother me.  In fact if it is true, hopefully the install base will grow and more 3rd party games will be released.  I just want some games for it. 

Currently Reading: 

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3348 on: July 22, 2013, 11:00:45 AM »

I don't think it would be a system seller, it would be a franchise killer.
I really doubt Atlus could just keep doing their stuff as they like on Nintendo, not to mention eventually it would end up like other smaller games published by Nintendo that have never come to the west or the ones fans had to beg for it and someone else brought them over.

Don't get me wrong, I love a bunch of Atlus games on Nintendo's platforms (especially the portable ones) but I think them being owned by Nintendo would be a big hit in their creative freedom.
I also don't want Sony to buy them, as I'd prefer them to stay 3rd party, but at least Sony seems to give its developers much more freedom to try new stuff and time. The time it took for GT5, the game from Team ICO that never got released, their Siren team that also took their sweet time to make Gravity Rush and so on. Now the first two were huge money grabbers but Atlus games are a lot cheaper to make and have much smaller goals, so a game that takes forever to be made like Persona 5 could take its time and be ready just when it's ready.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3349 on: July 22, 2013, 11:02:37 AM »

I own a Wii U, but I'd rather they not be limited to one company's console, otherwise we wouldn't get stuff like Persona 4 Vita.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3350 on: July 22, 2013, 11:16:26 AM »

I just want Persona 5.  I love that series so much I would go where it goes.  I would even buy a vita.  For me personally, it would be a system seller.  Had my Wii not died, I would not have gotten a WiiU just for P5. 

Does Nintendo rush games?  From a WiiU owner standpoint it seems like I have been waiting a long time even for their first party games.  As for restrictions on creative freedom, I hope that never happens. 

Currently Reading: 

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: July 22, 2013, 11:19:34 AM »

IMPORTANT NOTE: That's speculation being reported as a rumor, it's not concrete information whatsoever.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3352 on: July 22, 2013, 11:27:59 AM »

Well, if you consider some of the alternatives (Square Enix? They'd end up like Quest or something) Nintendo doesn't sound so bad.

I don't think Nintendo has a habit of coming down on artistic freedom, though. I'd just rather Atlus stay a multiplatform developer.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3353 on: July 22, 2013, 03:21:44 PM »

Actually, they wouldn't end up like Quest since what happened to Quest was that Square hired away the leading talent of the team and left the remnants to flounder about on games like Hoshigami and Stella Deus (in fact, what ultimately ended up happening to the parts of Quest that Square didn't cannibalize back in the day went to Atlus).

IMPORTANT NOTE: That's speculation being reported as a rumor, it's not concrete information whatsoever.

Still, I'd make my suspicions of IntSys going to Urushihara Satoshi to update the character designs for a potential FE4/5 3DS remake all the more likely should such a remake be in the cards.

Though that's not to say that would necessarily be a good thing.

Edit: Might as well do a drive by posting of this.

Persona 3 movie get? (Unless Atlusageddon occurs or something.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:27:39 PM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3354 on: July 22, 2013, 05:33:42 PM »

I don't think it would be a system seller, it would be a franchise killer.
I really doubt Atlus could just keep doing their stuff as they like on Nintendo, not to mention eventually it would end up like other smaller games published by Nintendo that have never come to the west or the ones fans had to beg for it and someone else brought them over.

Don't get me wrong, I love a bunch of Atlus games on Nintendo's platforms (especially the portable ones) but I think them being owned by Nintendo would be a big hit in their creative freedom.

I disagree.  Have you seen Soul Hackers or SMT4?  They seem unchanged compared to previous games.  Plus, WiiU's aren't exactly flying off the shelves these days.  Nintendo isn't in a position anymore to be able to stifle a developer's creativity when their games are known to sell well and get away with it unscathed.  If they wouldn't let Atlus release their games with full creative control intact, I don't see why they would even bother with the purchase.  Wouldn't pay off in the long run.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3355 on: July 22, 2013, 05:56:03 PM »

Edit: Might as well do a drive by posting of this.

Persona 3 movie get? (Unless Atlusageddon occurs or something.)

This was announced way too early. I'm not even looking forward to watch the movie anymore.

Though, is kinda cute how in the official site they have the tagline of the movie *screaming* the ending of P3. You know the whole 'Memento Mori' thing that wasn't as obvious at first in the game and all that.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3356 on: July 24, 2013, 03:25:07 AM »

Now that we've had Soul Hackers and the mainline SMT game of the gen, (seems like we'll get one per gen), we're likely to get P5 next.
Whoever buys Atlus is going to get it, so it's going to be interesting. Depending on who buys them, they may have to start over from scratch which will delay it a while which is going to start a whole bunch of extra whining for the game on top of what we've already had.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3357 on: July 24, 2013, 11:51:37 AM »

Assuming Atlus has already started working on P5, and I'm assuming it's for PS3; maybe whoever buys them will be able to cut a deal with Atlus and let them finish releasing it on whatever platform it was intended for. Wishful thinking.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3358 on: July 24, 2013, 02:48:39 PM »

Now that we've had Soul Hackers and the mainline SMT game of the gen, (seems like we'll get one per gen), we're likely to get P5 next.
Whoever buys Atlus is going to get it, so it's going to be interesting. Depending on who buys them, they may have to start over from scratch which will delay it a while which is going to start a whole bunch of extra whining for the game on top of what we've already had.

Unless we start getting something out of that SMTXFE game mentioned back in January (especially given that recent 3DS promotion).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3359 on: July 24, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »

Unless we start getting something out of that SMTXFE game mentioned back in January (especially given that recent 3DS promotion).

True I forgot about that one.
That's just going to bring about more "Where's P5?" whining though.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: