Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 09:25:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329482 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 257 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 348505 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3360 on: July 27, 2013, 09:41:46 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/27/devil-survivor-2-needs-1800-pre-orders-to-be-released-in-europe/

Heads up PALand, if you want it? Come and preorder it.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: July 28, 2013, 11:57:44 PM »

Admittedly I kind of expect that if they fail they'd bring over the 3DS version after it's localized... assuming nothing too screwy happens with Atlus before then.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3362 on: August 06, 2013, 12:46:32 AM »

Just a friendly reminder to all collectors that the Devil Survivor artbook is out in English now, thanks to UDON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3363 on: August 14, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »

A message from Persona Team's Katsura Hashino -- Source(s): Gematsu, Persona Portal
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3364 on: August 16, 2013, 03:40:23 AM »

I've been playing a bit of Soul Hackers tonight, and I'm really digging it.

It definitely feels like a late 90s Atlus game, and I'm okay with that.

The battle system doesn't feel that archaic, but having played old SMT games, I guess I'm used to it.

The only questions I have are about the magnetite.

Are there easy ways to raise it up?
What happens if you run out of it?
Does it stop dropping after a certain period in the game?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3365 on: August 16, 2013, 09:06:28 AM »

I've been playing a bit of Soul Hackers tonight, and I'm really digging it.

It definitely feels like a late 90s Atlus game, and I'm okay with that.

The battle system doesn't feel that archaic, but having played old SMT games, I guess I'm used to it.

The only questions I have are about the magnetite.

Are there easy ways to raise it up?
What happens if you run out of it?
Does it stop dropping after a certain period in the game?

Magnetite will drop as long as you have demons active in your party, so it's often better to keep one or two active until you're coming up to boss fights. Easy ways to raise it up are to find really easy battles and auto them for magnetite. At some point in the game an optional dungeon opens up called the primate intelligence lab. It's full of large groups of easy enemies that will often give you drops of 1000 or more magnetite per win.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3366 on: August 16, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/16/step-it-up-europe-devil-survivor-2-only-has-627-pre-orders/

Apparently, you guys don't really seem to want Devil Survivor 2.

Quickly. Tell your friends. Tell your neighbors. Tell them that you can't just import it without also importing a region appropriate 3DS.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3367 on: August 16, 2013, 03:25:29 PM »

Er, it's not that. It's just way late.

With a franchise like Shin Megami Tensei, it's not exactly a well known series that people see in stores and say "Oh, I'll just pick this up". It's not exactly a casual game. Most fans have already like me, imported the game, or is far more likely, downloaded it/emulated it by now.

I want to support it, but I'm not going to pay twice for a game that came out in English a year and a half ago.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3368 on: August 16, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »

I knew it wasn't going to get the pre-orders. It's been out for so long and the DS isn't region locked, so a lot of people that wanted to play it probably already did.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3369 on: August 16, 2013, 04:25:10 PM »

Persona 4 Arena: Official Design Works -- UDON Entertainment

Release date: September 2013
Price: $39.99
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3370 on: August 16, 2013, 05:06:21 PM »

I knew it wasn't going to get the pre-orders. It's been out for so long and the DS isn't region locked, so a lot of people that wanted to play it probably already did.
And the fact that Atlus is just this close to announcing the confirmation to release DS2: Break Record outside Japan soon enough in this year.

Ghostlight would profit a lot more if they just dropped the DS version and waited for the updated release.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3371 on: August 16, 2013, 10:36:25 PM »

So am I correct in thinking it's best to build up the demon loyalty and fuse them as soon as possible?

I'm used to the "old fashioned" method of maxing them out before I fuse them but equipping demons one by one so you don't chew through Magnetite seems pretty slow.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: August 16, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »

Er, it's not that. It's just way late.

With a franchise like Shin Megami Tensei, it's not exactly a well known series that people see in stores and say "Oh, I'll just pick this up". It's not exactly a casual game. Most fans have already like me, imported the game, or is far more likely, downloaded it/emulated it by now.

I want to support it, but I'm not going to pay twice for a game that came out in English a year and a half ago.

The most damning thing may well be the 3DS update coming out too, not just those factors alone. Certainly I'd rather they cut their losses and focused on getting that out as close to US release as possible rather than get the original game out NOW.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3373 on: August 16, 2013, 11:26:28 PM »

So am I correct in thinking it's best to build up the demon loyalty and fuse them as soon as possible?

I'm used to the "old fashioned" method of maxing them out before I fuse them but equipping demons one by one so you don't chew through Magnetite seems pretty slow.

You are correct. Everything about your demons is fixed this time around. They don't gain levels. Only maxing out loyalty is useful. I think maxing out loyalty allowed for more skills to transfer when fusing, but I have no proof of that, but I did notice that less skills were transferring, or none at all when I fused a demon without max loyalty.

Also, find out a demons personality and what skills they like to use and use that over and over again to max loyalty. If you get a Kind demon, have them block every turn to raise loyalty, or use buffs/heal. Sly demons like attack magic, and so on. It's pretty use to figure out once you get the hang of it. Some people found it annoying since sometimes don't match up with personality, but once you do max out their loyalty you can use whatever skills you want that they have.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3374 on: August 16, 2013, 11:32:45 PM »

That's helpful to know, thanks.

Going to take a bit of getting used to swapping out demons so quickly.

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 257 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: