Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 02:15:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334852 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 367662 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3405 on: September 17, 2013, 05:02:34 PM »

"Every day's great at your Junes~"

Forever ingrained in my memory.

FOREVER.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3406 on: September 17, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »

It's good to knowwhat I'll be mumbling incoherently as I slip into oblivion in my old age. Thanks Atlus!

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3407 on: September 17, 2013, 05:54:41 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx-4tweTLh0&t=182

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3408 on: September 18, 2013, 12:41:39 AM »

It appears that Sega is purchasing Atlus for about $140 million dollar U.S.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680181

Here's the Japanese article

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNASDD1801E_Y3A910C1000000/

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:11:52 AM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3409 on: September 18, 2013, 06:20:46 AM »

Jut found out about it myself, read it in this source: http://kotaku.com/atlus-is-becoming-part-of-sega-1338653981?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Of all the options, I personally think Sega is one of the best. My only issue with Sega is their will to localize games and their so so marketing (which I can't say for myself as I'm not from the US but from what I gather it seems it's pretty bad).
Also, I keep my hopes up they will let the US Atlus brand to go on. If this happens we should worry less about localizations. It may even let it localize those small profile Sega games, so in the end it could be even better, but I honestly doubt it.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3410 on: September 18, 2013, 07:49:15 AM »

I was rooting for Sony, but that would have probably been a step in the wrong direction. Owned by any 1 hardware company wouldn't be that great.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3411 on: September 18, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »

Well, considering Atlus only makes games on for Sony and Nintendo consoles mostly I don't think it would change much. But like you said, I'd rather it would've been Sony but I also like their support on Nintendo portables over these years. Not all of those games are for my tastes but there are some truly interesting ones.

One good think about Sega is that they usually support as many platforms as they can (or whatever their game was intended for, so Atlus should maintain the liberty to develop for whatever they have in mind, which is a plus in my book)

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: September 18, 2013, 01:44:37 PM »

I was rooting for Sony, but that would have probably been a step in the wrong direction. Owned by any 1 hardware company wouldn't be that great.

At least you recognize it!

Yeah, Sony and Nintendo are both about equally good and equally bad for roughly the same reasons, especially as usually their output on one platform won't fit on another: SMTIV would probably make for a great Vita, PS3, even PS4 title, but what of Etrian Odyssey?
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3413 on: September 18, 2013, 02:01:40 PM »

I wouldn't mind an EO on PS3, but it would probably be well suited to Vita.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3414 on: September 18, 2013, 02:05:01 PM »

Yeah, I don't want to get into console favoritism here, but what exactly would be wrong about EO on Vita?

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3415 on: September 18, 2013, 02:15:31 PM »

Yeah, I don't want to get into console favoritism here, but what exactly would be wrong about EO on Vita?

I've only played the demo on 3ds for EO4, but isn't the cartography a big part of the experience? The dual screen on the 3DS is probably best for that, unless you want to bust out the old school graph paper.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3416 on: September 18, 2013, 02:15:47 PM »

EO meaning Etrian Odyssey?

I don't see how map drawing could be as convenient on the Vita as it is on the DS.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3417 on: September 18, 2013, 02:57:41 PM »

I love my vita, but map-centic dungeon crawlers just work so much better on a duel-screen device. Not just Etrian Odyssey, but strange journey, and I imagine devil summoner as well. The latter two could be done on single-screen set-ups, of course, but always having the map up is incredibly convenient.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3418 on: September 18, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »

Really hard to use the mapping function?They would probably  have to do away with that mechanic all together if they switched consoles. Besides that, I would have no problem with an EO on any other console.

On the topic of Sega acquiring Atlus, I don't really see a problem yet. If it does end up hurting them, then I'll join the pessimistic camp, as of right now my opinion is neutral/positive because I think Sega will allow Atlus to continue to do its thing. The worst case scenario is that Sega shuts down Atlus USA.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3419 on: September 18, 2013, 03:24:03 PM »

So I have a question about SMTIV. If I have an opportunity to choose between fighting a boss demon and fighting some putz with a supped up hoard of trash mobs, will I miss anything if I opt for taking out the trash rather than fighting the boss?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: