Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 02:14:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335185 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 369985 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3495 on: November 19, 2013, 01:42:43 PM »

I'd be surprised about Conception 2, except it seems to be a "thing" now to bring over super-niche JRPGs that test the limitations of the ESRB.

Eh, innuendo aside Conception is pretty clean.  They're making magical children in a magical way.  This doesn't even come close to the level of fanservice in, say, Senran Kagura or something.

It's not the fanservice that bothers me, it's the mediocrity of the premise. The first game looked infinitely dull and this one didn't look like it improved on the first enough to be worth my time.

I'd rather have that SRW OG fighting game over this.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3496 on: November 19, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »

It's not always about you, Aeolus!  I was responding to Klutz64...

Anyway, yeah the first game looked kind of mediocre, but from what I've heard this was a big improvement.  It got pretty good reviews in Japan.  I was actually seriously considering importing it, but it came out during the summer that was already packed with localized games I wanted so I passed.  Guess that was the right choice.

Now to play Akiba's Trip 2 ;)

Edit: Nobody has been quoting their press release (which was actually pretty funny):

IRVINE, CA – Nov. 19, 2013 – When two game companies love each other very much, a magical thing happens. ATLUS and Spike Chunsoft didn’t use protection when localizing and publishing together and are now the proud parents of the turn-based RPG Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars. Although this is the first game in the series localized into English, Conception II has a standalone story. Conception II will be delivered in the spring of 2014, for the Nintendo 3DS™ and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system.

In Conception II, players take on the role of a young man beginning his training as a Disciple – a human gifted with the divine powers of one of the Star Gods, and one of the few who can fight the monsters that plague the world. These monsters emanate from the Pandora Labyrinth, which births these abominations at a prodigious rate. Worse yet, the Pandora Labyrinth is beginning to spawn labyrinths of its own, so it’s up to the Disciples to put an end to it. And even worse than that, a Star God’s power only resides within a human until the age of 18 and the need for new Disciples is at an all-time high. Meaning Disciples will have to combine their powers to “create” Star Children who can fight for them in battle. Let’s put it this way... it brings a new meaning to the phrase “after-school activities.”

For those eager to figure out the birds and the bees of Conception II, here are some of the game’s features:

No Child Labor Laws: In addition to the protagonist and his fellow students bravely entering the Labyrinths, you must combine your powers with other Disciples to give life to Star Children, ethereal beings that can fight in battle. But, like regular children, it’s important to make sure they’re strong enough to face monsters from beyond the veil of sanity in battle.

No Monogamy For You, Player: The protagonist has opportunities to strengthen his bonds with seven key heroines throughout the game. Not only does this help you create stronger Star Children, but the girls become more formidable as well, making them reliable partners in battle... and other places.

Assume the Position: Monsters in Conception II all have weak spots, and their vulnerabilities are revealed based on the direction characters attack from. Colored arrows help the Disciples see which direction will cause the most damage when attacked. The order your party takes action will depend on your choices and each character’s agility. Understanding the turn system and finding the best location to attack from will bring about swift and decisive victory.

Getting Chained Down: Another key system in Conception II is the Chain Drive, a meter that slowly builds during combat. When it reaches climax, a monster will be chained down, slowing it dramatically. This opens the enemy up for major damage.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:35:04 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3497 on: November 19, 2013, 06:17:08 PM »

And in other news...

As much as I loved Persona 4, is Atlus really going to keep milking it?

Edit: Hmm...it looks like this might actually be a reference to the anime and some people are jumping the gun here.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:20:12 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3498 on: November 19, 2013, 07:21:17 PM »

I really hope it's not a P4 sequel.

I'd rather have a different SMT spinoff that's completely unrelated, along the lines of another DDS or Strange Journey.

Somehow I don't think we're going to get any more of those though. :/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3499 on: November 19, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »

I really hope it's not a P4 sequel.

I'd rather have a different SMT spinoff that's completely unrelated, along the lines of another DDS or Strange Journey.

Somehow I don't think we're going to get any more of those though. :/

Well, we know it's not SMT related. It's definitely Persona related. I'm out if it's a P4 sequel. As much as I liked P4, I'm sick of seeing it. Was it REALLY that much better than P3? (I didn't think it was) I prefer P3 much more over P4. Seriously, Atlus, enough of P4. It has two fighting games, plays, anime, endless merchandise and an enhanced port. Definitely doesn't need a sequel.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3500 on: November 19, 2013, 09:58:25 PM »

Or maybe Persona 4: The College Years

Yosuke's new "persona/true self" issue is being the college pot smoker who skips all his classes and borderline flunking out.
Chie's into 'roids and and sabotaging other competitors in whatever sport.
Yukiko's committing fraud at her hotel thing
Kanji Tatsumi is a male prostitute to pay school tuition
Naoto is in a lesbian relationship, while attending women's studies and crime and justice courses, but still dreams of the day Kanji gets his shit together
Rise couldn't handle fame and is into the heroin, twerking and sticking her tongue out in every goddamn magazine photo.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3501 on: November 19, 2013, 10:04:21 PM »

That, uh, some fanfiction. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3502 on: November 19, 2013, 10:23:09 PM »

Honestly, the only way I would be on board with P5 at least right now is if the tone of the story doesn't have this "animu" feeling to it that P4 had. After P3 (and P2 to an extent) that completely turn me off at one point of the game and I ended up having more fun watching the dudes at Giant Bomb playing the thing with Vinny spamming Bufu and Jeff being... well, Jeff. :P
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3503 on: November 19, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »

As much as I liked P4, I'm sick of seeing it. Was it REALLY that much better than P3? (I didn't think it was) I prefer P3 much more over P4. Seriously, Atlus, enough of P4. It has two fighting games, plays, anime, endless merchandise and an enhanced port. Definitely doesn't need a sequel.

I thought it was better than P3, and I enjoyed it a lot. However, I completely agree with you - I'm completely sick of it. Enough is enough.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3504 on: November 19, 2013, 10:46:53 PM »

I don't want any more P3 or P4, either.  I like the games, but there comes a point when you simply don't want more.  I'd rather have new characters.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3505 on: November 19, 2013, 10:53:08 PM »

As much as I liked P4, I'm sick of seeing it. Was it REALLY that much better than P3? (I didn't think it was) I prefer P3 much more over P4. Seriously, Atlus, enough of P4. It has two fighting games, plays, anime, endless merchandise and an enhanced port. Definitely doesn't need a sequel.

I thought it was better than P3, and I enjoyed it a lot. However, I completely agree with you - I'm completely sick of it. Enough is enough.

I actually really preferred the more light-hearted approach I felt from P4.  There were deep, ugly, personal problems and the game could get dark, but when it was light-hearted it stuck with it nicely and played along.  P3 kind of made me anxious at times with all that turmoil and bad blood between a few of the characters (iirc, wasn't Ken suicidal?  He's like 12...).  I admire it, but it's not like SMT games haven't been "dark" before, so I welcomed the change with P4's having a bit more focus on the group as "bff"s and what felt like a bunch of kids solving a 'murder mystery'.  I wonder if they'll keep with that route or keep that fancy modern look with a new kind of theme/motif and story style.

I certainly agree its been milked enough; curiously way after its initial release, but whatever.
But yeah, it's been a while since a *new* title; I hope even the developers realize you can't beat a dead horse.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3506 on: November 19, 2013, 11:26:25 PM »

An admin on the Atlus forums claims about Golden 2 and P4: volume 2

"Neither of those things exist, and even if Japan was going to announce them, they'd be nowhere near the state to have English recording."

http://atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=324661#post324661

"Oh, a hunter..."
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3507 on: November 20, 2013, 07:25:01 PM »

If it is a sequel to P4, we're going to end up with music like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li8ZqVGzDXQ

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3508 on: November 20, 2013, 09:30:48 PM »

I don't want any more P3 or P4, either.  I like the games, but there comes a point when you simply don't want more.  I'd rather have new characters.

Ditto. I really really want a new cast here. I'm hoping the Teddie images on the teaser site are just hinting at a cameo. Or just to tell you it's Persona related. I mean, I won't write it off it was a P4 sequel, but I'll be disappointed.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3509 on: November 21, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »

It's not always about you, Aeolus!  I was responding to Klutz64...

Anyway, yeah the first game looked kind of mediocre, but from what I've heard this was a big improvement.  It got pretty good reviews in Japan.  I was actually seriously considering importing it, but it came out during the summer that was already packed with localized games I wanted so I passed.  Guess that was the right choice.

Now to play Akiba's Trip 2 ;)

Edit: Nobody has been quoting their press release (which was actually pretty funny):

IRVINE, CA – Nov. 19, 2013 – When two game companies love each other very much, a magical thing happens. ATLUS and Spike Chunsoft didn’t use protection when localizing and publishing together and are now the proud parents of the turn-based RPG Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars. Although this is the first game in the series localized into English, Conception II has a standalone story. Conception II will be delivered in the spring of 2014, for the Nintendo 3DS™ and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system.

In Conception II, players take on the role of a young man beginning his training as a Disciple – a human gifted with the divine powers of one of the Star Gods, and one of the few who can fight the monsters that plague the world. These monsters emanate from the Pandora Labyrinth, which births these abominations at a prodigious rate. Worse yet, the Pandora Labyrinth is beginning to spawn labyrinths of its own, so it’s up to the Disciples to put an end to it. And even worse than that, a Star God’s power only resides within a human until the age of 18 and the need for new Disciples is at an all-time high. Meaning Disciples will have to combine their powers to “create” Star Children who can fight for them in battle. Let’s put it this way... it brings a new meaning to the phrase “after-school activities.”

For those eager to figure out the birds and the bees of Conception II, here are some of the game’s features:

No Child Labor Laws: In addition to the protagonist and his fellow students bravely entering the Labyrinths, you must combine your powers with other Disciples to give life to Star Children, ethereal beings that can fight in battle. But, like regular children, it’s important to make sure they’re strong enough to face monsters from beyond the veil of sanity in battle.

No Monogamy For You, Player: The protagonist has opportunities to strengthen his bonds with seven key heroines throughout the game. Not only does this help you create stronger Star Children, but the girls become more formidable as well, making them reliable partners in battle... and other places.

Assume the Position: Monsters in Conception II all have weak spots, and their vulnerabilities are revealed based on the direction characters attack from. Colored arrows help the Disciples see which direction will cause the most damage when attacked. The order your party takes action will depend on your choices and each character’s agility. Understanding the turn system and finding the best location to attack from will bring about swift and decisive victory.

Getting Chained Down: Another key system in Conception II is the Chain Drive, a meter that slowly builds during combat. When it reaches climax, a monster will be chained down, slowing it dramatically. This opens the enemy up for major damage.

Okay, I'm sold. =P

Actually, Conception 1 sounded fairly decent to me. If the second is a big improvement, then I'll most likely pick it up. At least it comes out in the spring instead of winter, so it won't get lost in crowd (at least for now).

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: