Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 10:07:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338100 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 374851 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3540 on: November 24, 2013, 02:09:39 PM »

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labrynth: A 3DS spin-off title with characters from P3 and P4, first-person dungeon crawling, and frankly bad art.  I know they were were going for a simple, chibi style or something but it looks really cheap even for a 3DS game.

I guess you are not a fan of "Etrian Odyssey: Persona Edition".

It's the characters, man.  Etrian Odyssey was all first person so you wouldn't really notice it, but this seems to switch to a third person Persona 3/4 style view in battles.  But the character models are just...ugh.  Not that Etrian Odyssey was really a great looking game to start with either.

Though it's a pretty apt comparison because apparently it's the Etrian Odyssey team that's making the game.

Speaking of teams working on games, I've seen the claim that the dancing game is being made by the folks at Sega who do Project Diva.  I'm kind of skeptical about that, though...first of all the ink has barely dried on the Sega/Atlus deal so this seems premature and second of all isn't that team busy working on Project Diva F 2nd?  Has anyone seem a substantive (not just internet rumors) report on this?

Persona 5? Squee!

PS3? Nooooooooooooooooooooo.... I was hoping to see it announced for PS4 (since I plan to get one) or Vita, or even cross-platform. This is the one console I never picked up and I don't really want to buy a new console at the end of its life. I hope they port it soon like they did P3 and P4!  (plzplzplz)

You are missing out on a lot of games not having a PS3...plus "end of its life" can be the best time to get a console.  They're cheap and so are the games.

kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3541 on: November 24, 2013, 02:10:29 PM »

...On what exactly? ( (; )
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3542 on: November 24, 2013, 02:11:58 PM »

You are missing out on a lot of games not having a PS3...plus "end of its life" can be the best time to get a console.  They're cheap and so are the games.

Not to mention, some of a console's best games tend to come out at the end of it's lifespan.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: November 24, 2013, 02:31:41 PM »

Heck, you could get a console and a PS+ membership, and have a bunch of great games for the cost of just one.  If you can scrounge up the cash, a PS3 is a completely worthwhile purchase.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3544 on: November 24, 2013, 02:45:24 PM »

Speaking of teams working on games, I've seen the claim that the dancing game is being made by the folks at Sega who do Project Diva.  I'm kind of skeptical about that, though...first of all the ink has barely dried on the Sega/Atlus deal so this seems premature and second of all isn't that team busy working on Project Diva F 2nd?  Has anyone seem a substantive (not just internet rumors) report on this?

Replying to myself, I figured it out.  Dingo worked on the PSP Project Diva games, but they didn't do F or the arcade games.  So I guess they had time to work on this.

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3545 on: November 24, 2013, 03:22:17 PM »

I hope P5 stays true to the formulae of P3 and P4 and doesn't bring back the demon conversation systems of P1 and both parts of P2, since I don't like using a guide when playing a game and thus didn't like that particular aspect.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3546 on: November 24, 2013, 04:46:25 PM »

Out of all the announcements P4D stole the show for me. Is great that P5 got officially "revealed" after being teased for 3 or 4 years, but there's nothing to get excited about yet.

Replying to myself, I figured it out.  Dingo worked on the PSP Project Diva games, but they didn't do F or the arcade games.  So I guess they had time to work on this.

Then, Sega did F and the Arcade titles?

I hope P5 stays true to the formulae of P3 and P4 and doesn't bring back the demon conversation systems of P1 and both parts of P2, since I don't like using a guide when playing a game and thus didn't like that particular aspect.

After P4 and P4G I can't imagine P5 getting even more streamlined. But you what they say; Never say never.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3547 on: November 24, 2013, 05:06:42 PM »

Persona 5? Squee!

PS3? Nooooooooooooooooooooo.... I was hoping to see it announced for PS4 (since I plan to get one) or Vita, or even cross-platform. This is the one console I never picked up and I don't really want to buy a new console at the end of its life. I hope they port it soon like they did P3 and P4!  (plzplzplz)

[/quote]

Maybe so, but most of the games I wanted the most came out on both systems, so there isn't a huge number of PS3 exclusives I "need." Maybe I'll think about it in winter 2014. Maybe they will continue the "tradition" of porting a super edition to a hand held soon enough though :)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3548 on: November 24, 2013, 05:11:02 PM »

Then, Sega did F and the Arcade titles?

I think so.  My statement above is really just based on looking at this, though.  It's a page on Dingo's corporate site listing games they have worked on.  Pretty standard stuff for a smaller company that does a lot of licensed work, they want to let people know what they've done.  They have no reason to not mention F if they worked on it, but of course that doesn't tell me who did.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3549 on: November 24, 2013, 05:53:20 PM »

Maybe P5 will be much longer, and you'll be juggling Social Links for two whole years.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3550 on: November 24, 2013, 05:54:56 PM »

I hope not.

I'd rather a play on the formula rather something that makes the formula BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER and with 4 RAZOR BlADES.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3551 on: November 24, 2013, 05:56:32 PM »

I hope not.

I'd rather a play on the formula rather something that makes the formula BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER and with 4 RAZOR BlADES.

I just let out the stupidest laugh at the end there that was between a donkey and an actual "haha" laugh.

http://youtu.be/4F7TMlrDXtw
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 05:59:02 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3552 on: November 24, 2013, 05:58:49 PM »

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3553 on: November 24, 2013, 06:06:50 PM »

After SMT IV, I'm expecting P5 will be a DLC riddled crapfest, but I guess I will try and reserve judgment until it's actually out.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3554 on: November 24, 2013, 06:17:55 PM »

In defense of SMTIV, most of its DLC are just an easy way to grind and honestly, I'm just too happy to be worrying about any DLC that may come out.
We'll pretty much get 4 games, P5, the rhythm game on Vita, the mix of P3 and P4 on 3DS and the update of P4 Arena.

I'm completely with you on this.
I think in SMTIV there was a nice balance of its use but I have to confess I preffer to play the game without it, especially because in SMTIV the shop to bring back demons from your registered are extremely costly, so if demon conversations happen to come back to P5, I hope at least they make the buying them back not too expensive.

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: