Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 23, 2014, 12:09:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341357 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 383772 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3570 on: November 24, 2013, 11:06:36 PM »

So you saw the Persona chibi game and thought "Yes! That's what people have been waiting for!"?

I'm sorry Atlus is not doing exactly what you want them to do.
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3571 on: November 24, 2013, 11:22:40 PM »

Oh please.  The spinoff **** is silly, but that kind of expansion is to be expected with something that's been as successful as Persona 4.  But I guess I don't take the creative decisions of game developers personally.  Whatever.  I'm looking forward to hearing more about Persona 5.  Not interested in Persona Q or Dancing All Night.  Probably will get the P4A sequel because I liked the first game quite a bit.  

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3572 on: November 25, 2013, 12:12:34 AM »

So you saw the Persona chibi game and thought "Yes! That's what people have been waiting for!"?

I'm usually against spinoffs because their addition as canon material is treated either half-ass or questionably so.  Persona Q might be fun, maybe a good romp, but I'm somewhat doubting it as a gaming "brainwave" that'll drastically change how we see or play the series.  It definitely looks like a cash-in for how well the series has been doing as of late.  If it's fun, then all the more power to it...

But usually my time and money is precious, and while it's too soon to call of course, I'm not impressed so far.

I'm not trying to be a downer or get in the way of other people's anticipation (and I for one love the art style); I'm actually happy with the really varied amount of commentary about these announcements (that aren't Persona 5; but it's hard to discuss chairs and chains....at least the "RED" part was right).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:15:19 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3573 on: November 25, 2013, 12:40:32 AM »

Believe it or not, I'm actually interested in Persona Q despite what I said about being sick of P4. At least it allows you to use either P3 or P4 characters. Looks like it'll be fun game to kill some time with. The P4 rhythm game on the other hand? I'll wait for further judgement. I like rhythm games, but something about seeing Persona get this treatment irks me. I'm not sure why I'm fine with Final Fantasy getting a rhythm game (that I actually really enjoyed), but not Persona. Apparently there's some canon story in there somewhere, too. Maybe it will have RPG elements?

Not much to say about Persona 5 yet other than that I'm incredibly excited. That trailer was creepy and I loved the pulsing, minimalist music in the trailer. I'm happy it's on PS3. I'm not getting a PS4 for a long time.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3574 on: November 25, 2013, 12:48:35 AM »

I see that nobody guessed correctly that everybody's guesses were correct.

Still, I'm surprised Atlus neglected to mention that Naoto (or whatever the name is) will be in all the games. ALL THE GAMES!!! (Yes, even Persona 5.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3575 on: November 25, 2013, 12:52:33 AM »

@Dice: I don't think PQ was meant to be treated in any way as a big deal in terms of production nor I expected seeing a group of people getting all snobbish about it.

Honestly, the whole intention I see behind the game is to be a nice little RPG for the 3DS and not much else.

@Fadedsun: I'm actually looking forward to see more of P4D because is something different for the franchise and it isn't out of place with the tone of the P4 series IMO.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:55:59 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3576 on: November 25, 2013, 12:57:25 AM »

Still, I'm surprised Atlus neglected to mention that Naoto (or whatever the name is) will be in all the games. ALL THE GAMES!!! (Yes, even Persona 5.)

The character from P4? How do you know she'll be in P5? We don't have any information on the game yet besides that 1 minute trailer.

@Yggdrasil: You know, you're right. It doesn't seem totally off base, but it was certainly unexpected.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3577 on: November 25, 2013, 01:02:53 AM »

The character from P4? How do you know she'll be in P5? We don't have any information on the game yet besides that 1 minute trailer.

@Yggdrasil: You know, you're right. It doesn't seem totally off base, but it was certainly unexpected.

I'm guessing for the most part. Namely on the basis that a repeat of one of P1's character showing up in P2 will happen (plus how can they not bring a P3/P4 character into P5 given their proliferation, even as a cameo).

The tl;dr is that I'm basically guessing that the sky will be blue tomorrow (it might be gray and cloudy for the entire day, but that's a chance I'm willing to take).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3578 on: November 25, 2013, 03:28:48 AM »

Oh come on now, all I want is for them to milk P3 and P4 less and have a little more original output like they used to during the PS2 days.

I'm guessing for the most part. Namely on the basis that a repeat of one of P1's character showing up in P2 will happen (plus how can they not bring a P3/P4 character into P5 given their proliferation, even as a cameo).

This actually makes a lot of sense.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3579 on: November 25, 2013, 06:40:33 AM »

Oh come on now, all I want is for them to milk P3 and P4 less and have a little more original output like they used to during the PS2 days.

Didn't they resuse Nocturne like three times while Persona 3 got FES a year later?

Is the main issue with Q, the way the characters look? Can't say I am a fan of the designs but the rest looks pretty cool. I am a huge fan of Dungeon Crawlers so I am pretty stoked for this.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:14:37 AM by Darilon » Logged

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3580 on: November 25, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »

Finally watched the reveal.

Persona Q:
I think it looks fine. It's a small cameo / character aggregation game and I'm fine with that. I'm pretty sure Atlus can make a game that is better than Trinity Universe or Cross Edge.
Minato + Yu = Fusion Spell - Swagpocalyspe

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold
It looks good and reminds me that I should either try and find the first one cheap or see if I can borrow it from someone.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night
This one I'm not too sure =/ The problem is that it doesn't look any more special than all the other rhythm games. The roster is pretty small with only 3 characters. I guess this is for the hardcore music fans or meguro fans.
Also, I really don't like that yellow armband on Yu. What the shit man?

Persona 5
Well... nothing much to look at for now.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3581 on: November 25, 2013, 12:41:57 PM »

The roster is pretty small with only 3 characters.

What makes you think those are going to be the only characters?

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3582 on: November 25, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »

Persona's Director Katsura Hashino talks Persona Q, Persona Dancing, and the future -- Source: Siliconera (via: Famitsu)

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3583 on: November 25, 2013, 01:10:34 PM »

The roster is pretty small with only 3 characters.

What makes you think those are going to be the only characters?

The fact that I don't buy DLC (on consoles).
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3584 on: November 25, 2013, 04:39:59 PM »

Persona Q is being lead by the director(or is it producer?) of the Etrian Odyssey series and we know it's a dungeon crawler. I thought more about this. It's possible the game will have non-random dungeons now! Just that possibility makes me excited. Thinking further, we could even get some sort of integration of a skill system similar to the the Etrian Odyssey series. Maybe your Persona will have skill trees now that we can level up! The possibilities are making me giddy.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: