Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 01:52:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335185 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 369970 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3840 on: August 01, 2014, 10:10:22 AM »

That and you know that they're just going to put it 'on sale' from a month after launch till forever.

So yeah, wait a month or two and pay $30 instead.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Futomimi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3841 on: August 12, 2014, 01:26:36 AM »

My personal wish right now is that they make a Persona offset about people working in an office.
I mean, this whole serie is about insanity and wearing masks... that's like the perfect description of a desk job in a big corporation.

How about in the psychiatric ward of a hospital? If someone went around saying that there were hundreds of persona inside of him and he could get them out by firing a gun at his head ala Persona 3, that is probably where he would end up. The social links would be rather odd though. It would all be nurses, doctors, orderlies, and the mentally ill.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:28:59 AM by Futomimi » Logged
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3842 on: August 12, 2014, 07:32:18 PM »

so apparently Persona 3 Fes is going/already on sale for only 2.50 via PSN. That is cheap enough to tempt me simply to play through "The Answer".  P3 may easily have been one of my favorite RPG's of all time but I simply DID NOT have the stamina for the "The Answer" when first I got through "The Journey".

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3843 on: September 01, 2014, 10:36:59 AM »

First look (anime trailer; don't get too hyped, nothing much happens)
http://youtu.be/-Y5U8n4Ie3I

2015 PS3/4
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:41:50 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3844 on: September 01, 2014, 10:40:17 AM »

I think he looks like the P4 protagonist and Naoto had a kid, and the kid took his dad's glasses. 

Whatever.  I dig it.  I'm buying it day one. 

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3845 on: September 01, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »

From the trailer it seems to have a darker vibe to it than P4 was. All that red and the breaking chains symbolism. But then again the next trailer could completely change all that.

I dunno. I dig it though.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3846 on: September 01, 2014, 11:51:04 AM »

Also worth noting the emblem on his blazer says 'Shujin High School', either 'Prisoner' or 'Husband'(probably the former, heh).

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3847 on: September 01, 2014, 01:47:25 PM »

From the trailer it seems to have a darker vibe to it than P4 was. All that red and the breaking chains symbolism. But then again the next trailer could completely change all that.

P4 was hardly a 'dark' game. As far as I remember it never reached some of the most dense moments P3 had.

Edited.*
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:21:29 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3848 on: September 01, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »

P4 was hardly 'dark' game. As far as I remember it never reached some of the most dense moments P3 had.
Yup.  One of the reasons why P4 is so much better than P3. 

I'm really intrigued by what the Persona team does with a dense cityscape as opposed to a country village.  Hopefully it actually "feels" dense and crowded as you travel through it. 

And... I hope that I can stay spoiler-free on this one.  I really do.  I usually don't care about being spoiled by things, but I want to play Persona 5 early on mostly in the dark.  I'd like to hear some additional news about Persona 5's basic social and combat systems, and maybe blurbs and pics of the early cast.  Like, the P5 versions of MC, Junpei/Yosuke, and Yukari/Chie.  Three characters, three Personae, and some info on basic systems.  Then I'll try to black out any other P5 info I come across. 

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3849 on: September 01, 2014, 04:06:48 PM »

P4 was hardly 'dark' game. As far as I remember it never reached some of the most dense moments P3 had.

I'm really intrigued by what the Persona team does with a dense cityscape as opposed to a country village.  Hopefully it actually "feels" dense and crowded as you travel through it. 

And... I hope that I can stay spoiler-free on this one.  I really do.  I usually don't care about being spoiled by things, but I want to play Persona 5 early on mostly in the dark.  I'd like to hear some additional news about Persona 5's basic social and combat systems, and maybe blurbs and pics of the early cast.  Like, the P5 versions of MC, Junpei/Yosuke, and Yukari/Chie.  Three characters, three Personae, and some info on basic systems.  Then I'll try to black out any other P5 info I come across. 

I don't know man, I find Persona 3 much better than Persona 4. I'd choose an apocalypse over an episode of Scooby-Doo any day.
Still I'm psyched that P5 is launching on PS4 now. They are going to get a lot more money as a result and...well I get to play it. HUZAH!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3850 on: September 01, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »

I don't know man, I find Persona 3 much better than Persona 4. I'd choose an apocalypse over an episode of Scooby-Doo any day.
Still I'm psyched that P5 is launching on PS4 now. They are going to get a lot more money as a result and...well I get to play it. HUZAH!

^ this

I didn't  rally jive with p4. Shin megami tensei is sort of synonymous with the "holy shit its the end of the world!" so id rather they focus more on that and less on hike skool dating sims (though to be fair I still loved p3, but it saved itself by still being dark as shit from beginning to end)

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3851 on: September 01, 2014, 08:59:01 PM »

I never said it was. I just said it was darker. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3852 on: September 02, 2014, 12:33:34 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/persona-5-has-a-high-school-setting-but-different-atmosphere

High school setting. :/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3853 on: September 02, 2014, 12:45:33 AM »

Pardon the crossposting but....

I wonder if this is what they're referring to?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3854 on: September 02, 2014, 06:53:22 AM »

Persona 5's protagonist needs sun worse than I do.

P4 was hardly a 'dark' game. As far as I remember it never reached some of the most dense moments P3 had.

Edited.*
Personally I don't find P3 to really be that "dark" either. It has some dark aspects to the plot, but those get washed away by the overall hopeful tone of the game and the ridiculousness caused by trying too hard to be dark (for example the amount of blood on the ground during the extra hour makes me laugh more than it makes me feel uncomfortable).
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: