Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 01:33:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318865 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 249 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 320693 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2009, 09:08:23 PM »

Soul Hackers would be sweet as a PSP port/remake with American localization.

And Persona 2 Innocent Sin as well.

If that happened, that would really make me an SMT fanboy.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2009, 09:11:33 PM »

I'll beg like a dog for Soul Hackers.  Innocent Sin would be fantastic too, but I played and beat that one, with some help from Oracle of Maiya's excellent script translation, so I'm a little less hellbent on getting a localized version.  I never got too far in Soul Hackers due to my lack of Japanese literacy so I'm more hellbent on that one getting a localization.

Here's the Oracle of Maiya Innocent Sin scrip translation: http://www.chthonian.net/persona/oracle/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:15:32 PM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 12:44:32 AM »

Oracle of Maya is good. Better than certain other translations.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 09:23:15 AM »

I'll beg like a dog for Soul Hackers.  Innocent Sin would be fantastic too, but I played and beat that one, with some help from Oracle of Maiya's excellent script translation, so I'm a little less hellbent on getting a localized version.  I never got too far in Soul Hackers due to my lack of Japanese literacy so I'm more hellbent on that one getting a localization.

Here's the Oracle of Maiya Innocent Sin scrip translation: http://www.chthonian.net/persona/oracle/

They've patched a translation onto Innocent Sin since then. It would be silly to go through the game now looking back and forth at the script.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2009, 11:38:55 AM »

They've patched a translation onto Innocent Sin since then. It would be silly to go through the game now looking back and forth at the script.

Orace of Maiya translation differs from the patched one. Can't comment on the details, but that's what I've heard.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2009, 12:02:19 PM »

Differs as in it's a more true to the original? The patched version is very well done. Though I can't compare it to the original, I haven't noticed any errors.

Orace of Maiya translation differs from the patched one. Can't comment on the details, but that's what I've heard.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2009, 06:56:50 PM »

Well, back when I played and beat Innocent Sin, Oracle of Maiya's script translation was all we had, and that didn't even surface till I was 2/3s through Innocent Sin.   

I approve of this nonsense!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2009, 07:36:26 AM »

I'm very, very tempted to buy a XBOX360 because of the new RE5 bundle. The price is VERY attractive considering everything that's in the package. But I want to know Atlus' next move regarding the SMT series. What if I buy a xbox and they release Persona 5 or SMT4 exclusively for the PS3? That would suck. A lot.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2009, 09:28:23 AM »

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck to handhelds exclusively.  SMT's biggest market is Japan, and consoles are dead in Japan.  The only things really worth developing in that market are DS and PSP games.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck to handhelds exclusively.  SMT's biggest market is Japan, and consoles are dead in Japan.  The only things really worth developing in that market are DS and PSP games.

Good point. But considering the popularity of the persona series in the west, wouldn't a console game still be worth it?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2009, 12:05:43 PM »

The Wii isn't dead. I wouldn't be surprised to see them jump from PS2 to Wii development.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »

The Wii isn't dead. I wouldn't be surprised to see them jump from PS2 to Wii development.

That would suck for me. I'm not even considering getting one of those.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »

The -console- isn't, but game sales are abysmal.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2009, 02:28:44 AM »

I have the Oracle of Maiya script and the fan-patched Innocent Sin, and as far as I can tell, the difference is as simple as translation vs localization. The former is fine for reading, but the latter is best for playing.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2009, 12:27:16 AM »

Ok, I need some help with Devil Summoner.

I got to Chapter 3 and suddenly I am getting raped by these fiends.

I'm level 22 and no matter where I go, these fiends are chasing me. I can't find any place to do "regular" random encounters and/or get some new demons.

These fiends are wiping me out within the first 30 seconds of the fight.

Am I supposed to negotiate or am I completely screwed and going to have to restart my game like I suspect?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 249 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: