Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:39:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334413 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  So, Power Rangers.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: So, Power Rangers.  (Read 4240 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 21, 2006, 01:48:56 PM »

Anyway, so Jetix generally shows something power rangers related for... I don't know. around 2 hours a day, total? Three? Anyway, so maybe it's just because I end up seeing it a lot completely on accident or something, but I'm actually rather liking this stuff now. I guess it's because it's relatively unpretentious. It's guys. In spandex. Fighting guys. In rubber suits. Also, they summon magical motorcycles with cellphones, and the motorcycles fly out of giant pentagrams in the sky. That's totally the awesomest thing ever.

Also, Doggy Cruger's apparently the new television sex symbol of the furry fandom or something.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 06:23:48 PM »

What the fuck are you talking about?

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 07:45:04 PM »

Hey, we all have some love for Power Rangers here. I actually still enjoy some of the episodes from the first season (in the U.S. that is) whenever I catch one on TV.

*Thinks back to n00b month about a year ago*

Heheh.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 10:07:14 PM »

My friends' prog-rock/metal band Roman Numeral 10 likes to play the Power Rangers theme song during their gigs.  It's always a crowd pleaser.  But the band's getting a bit tired of that gag and are trying to find a new gag to do.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 10:12:57 PM »

It sucks that Trini's actor (Thuy Trang (SP?)) died, though. Mr. Roger's. Wishbone. Yeah, there goes my childhood :(((

I kind wanna see Time Force. Apparently it's pretty good -- I've heard that people that don't actually like PR like it for some reason. Only torrent of it I could find was the russian version, though. That'd probably be worse than the Italian Eva dubs I found.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 07:12:35 AM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
My friends' prog-rock/metal band Roman Numeral 10 likes to play the Power Rangers theme song during their gigs.  It's always a crowd pleaser.  But the band's getting a bit tired of that gag and are trying to find a new gag to do.

They should play the Baywatch theme. It was played a month or two ago at a bar I was at and everyone went nuts :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 06:07:02 PM »

Once this local radiostation went off air or something and they played macarena for four days straight during the process. I'm pretty sure this killed that fad forever.

In other words, the spinach dal was good but I'd've liked more dal and less spinach.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 11:20:21 AM »

The greatest season of Power Rangers was In Space, when the evil forces joined together and almost took over the universe. Then they had to kill Zordon to unleash an energy wave that destroyed all the evil forces.

Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 12:06:57 AM »

No, nothing beats the first couple seasons. I mean, it was classic. Puddy's, Green Ranger girly pony-tail evil man, Alpha, Zordon, and the Pighead with no body but legs and feet; nothing comes close. I need to know the writers for the early season. They deserve an applause for such ingenious thought.

OH MY GOD, I forgot a couple very important things. The green ranger toy prop on the head of his mech in Mech battle segment. And lets not forget his little flute,occarina,recorder thing of summoning.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 12:23:15 AM »

As soon as I find it I'll post it...but...

KOBE BRYANT TO PLAY A POWER RANGER!!!

I'm not entirely sure of the validity of this statement however it was reported by someone who is supposed to be in the know on these matters...
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 11:14:45 AM »

The guy who played Tommy is so !@#%ing sexy. I guess that's why they force him to reprise his role every couple seasons.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Boulevard/5870/shrines/whitesilver/jason-frank.jpg

Look at that! He's totally dripping with mansex!

Then again I think that Derek Smart's sort of hot too so nevermind :/

http://www.igda.org/miami/images/meetings/2002-06/2002-06.001.jpg

Well, he is, goddammmmmmit!

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 05:44:22 AM »

I know someone whose mother worked on the set for the original series. He used to hang out with the cast as a kid.

The only things he remembers were that the guys who played Bulk and Skull were genuinely fun to be around, and that, I quote: "The guy who played Tommy was a total dick."

He said the red ranger guy (I don't know these people's names) was cool but very quiet.

I should ask him if he has any of the pictures of him and the cast online...

Oh, and WHITE RANGER TIGER POWER

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 05:51:26 AM »

Quote from: "Iolaus"
No, nothing beats the first couple seasons. I mean, it was classic. Puddy's, Green Ranger girly pony-tail evil man, Alpha, Zordon, and the Pighead with no body but legs and feet; nothing comes close. I need to know the writers for the early season. They deserve an applause for such ingenious thought.

OH MY GOD, I forgot a couple very important things. The green ranger toy prop on the head of his mech in Mech battle segment. And lets not forget his little flute,occarina,recorder thing of summoning.

That flute was a FUCKING DAGGER FLUTE...that sounded like a trumpet!

\m/

/worthy of doublepost

Penance

otakujuggalo777@aol.com otakujuggalo777 penance17420
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 04:23:51 AM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
Also, Doggy Cruger's apparently the new television sex symbol of the furry fandom or something.

Hahaha, no he's not. theres like one crossdressing fox freak i want to stab in the face again and again who likes him, but to everyone else, he's just another ranger in another drawn out series.

i remember growing up power rangers was like crack though, every day i had to get my fix, sundays were always bad, i would hang out in alleys with the PR cards, but soon it wasnt enough i needed more and more just to get the same buzz, it led into toys and merch and by the time i was 9...i was an addict.

"there is no try, only do, or do not"
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 05:38:45 AM »

WE NEED MEGAZORD POWER

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: