Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 04:48:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334718 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Guild Wars Factions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Guild Wars Factions  (Read 1892 times)
Reunion

elementfayt
View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2006, 12:32:29 PM »

Hey, I'm new here, and a avid guild wars players. I was just curious  if anyone here plays GW, and if anticipating the release of factions as much as I am. ^_^

The 12 v 12 is going to be insane, and the pve is going to super fun. I can't wait.

Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »

Hi Reunion, and welcome to RPGfan.

I dont think there are any "avid" GW's players here, although some of us dabbled in GW for a bit. I myself played for a few weeks but my attention was needed in WoW or elsewhere most of the time. GW has some interesting features alright, and I did like the Arena matches but found the PvE sorely lacking unfortunatly.

Reunion

elementfayt
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 03:13:16 PM »

Ya i'm not gunna disagree with you there. The pve is a bit.. unfullfilling, but my self i'm really heavy in PVP/GVG. I believe that's the heart of the game, if you looking for pve GW's not for you, but if you into fast pased competive action then it's right up you alley :D

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 08:02:38 PM »

While I think the feeless world of Guild Wars is interesting, I can't get my brain around having so much of everything being instanced.  I'm a huge fan of the computer-crashing fights in WoW around Southshore on my PvP server.

Like Starbreaker said, as well, most of us here play WoW or FFXI.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 12:59:25 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
While I think the feeless world of Guild Wars is interesting, I can't get my brain around having so much of everything being instanced.
-John

That is half the reason for my untimely departure from the game, I prefer the open endedness of such games like World of Warcraft, but thinking GW's is an MMO is wrong I know, becuase it's not. It is a sole PvP game, a sort of dare I say it RPG version of counter strike.

Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 05:25:22 PM »

I have to agree with Starbreaker and KeeperX; the game feels very empty if you aren't at one of the town 'hubs'. Of course, the 'variety' of people left a lot to be desired too, but that can be said about any online game.

Despite that, I did play extensively for the first three months when it first came out, but the boredom continued to add up little by little until I just stopped altogether. I was in a guild at one point and I played with a few people regularly, but even they faded away as well.

I probably won't play Guild Wars again. When I think back on my experiences, it was a fun ride while it lasted. Now I've got too many other games I need to finish as it is. :)
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 08:57:32 PM »

I'm a dirty sperm whore WOW convert. I might be on here and there though. Add:

Lucius Hyral
Akemi Kisaragi
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: