Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 06:04:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331689 Posts in 13580 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil 5...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil 5...  (Read 20272 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2009, 01:45:14 AM »

How the hell does that equate to me being a douche?

It doesn't. They like to bring up past occurrences instead of trying to come up with reasons for their current statements.
Isn't that what impressions of people are? Because Gen's past statements paint him as an overly defensive extremist when it comes to his opinion, it's much more difficult to take him seriously? People's interactions are a culmination of past experiences, we don't get to start with a clean slate every time a new discussion pops up.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2009, 01:51:05 AM »

It doesn't. They like to bring up past occurrences instead of trying to come up with reasons for their current statements.
Isn't that what impressions of people are? Because Gen's past statements paint him as an overly defensive extremist when it comes to his opinion, it's much more difficult to take him seriously? People's interactions are a culmination of past experiences, we don't get to start with a clean slate every time a new discussion pops up.

You're right, but bringing up past discussions when they have absolutely nothing to do with the present discussion is what I'm talking about. Gen wasn't being an extremist here. He was just stating his opinion and I never felt like he was forcing it down any throats, but because he has done that in the past people made fun of him.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2009, 02:26:48 AM »

Gen DOES bring up Baroque when it probably shouldn't be, but Mark and anyone else doing it themselves when the game's not even tangentially related only makes things worse in the end. If you don't like him doing it then you shouldn't be doing it yourselves.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:28:34 AM by Eusis » Logged
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2009, 09:39:55 AM »

You're right, but bringing up past discussions when they have absolutely nothing to do with the present discussion is what I'm talking about. Gen wasn't being an extremist here. He was just stating his opinion and I never felt like he was forcing it down any throats, but because he has done that in the past people made fun of him.

I didn't bring up a past discussion, I was pointing out his general demeanor during discussions. While yes, he is being generally less douchey during this discussion, it should be no surprise to anyone when he is being an ass about his opinion.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2009, 10:03:30 AM »

I couldn't really get into RE5. Everybody seemed to be shuffing around like they had to take a massive dump.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2009, 01:41:42 PM »

What magical land of faeries and gumdrops do you live in, sir?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »

I still enjoyed the game a lot but I'm a fan of the franchise since the release of the original game. I go in with the right mindset and ready to accept the rules. Of course the game (or the controls at least) could be better but you can say that about any game.

Oh, and all these pages filled with opinions about the new DLC you guys posted after I ressurected the thread were an interesting read.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2009, 11:42:55 PM »

So, I beat the game.  Several frustrating portions, not because the game is hard, but because the controls are unintuitive.  If this game had Gears or Uncharted style controls, and more aggressive enemies to compensate for more freedom of movement complimented by an intuitive, quick interface, this game would have been an A+ for me.  Instead, it's relegated to C+ status.  I loved the characters, the storyline, the art direction, audio, etc.  However, there's just so much untapped potential with what I saw before me that I can't help but be let down in the gameplay department.

Anyways, that's that.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2009, 12:00:31 AM »

While I'm not blaming the controls too much here (obviously)... yeah, it's definitely a C+ game when played alone, maybe a B effort if I'm feeling generous. There was something to RE4 that REALLY worked and made it satisfying, while RE5 was just flat. I'll have to get RE4 and replay on the Wii and see how well it holds up, and/or if the Remote controls significantly improves the game.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2009, 04:24:23 AM »

I'll have to get RE4 and replay on the Wii and see how well it holds up, and/or if the Remote controls significantly improves the game.

I personally felt that it does. Feels as though the game was really meant for the Wii. Though, I wish they let me switch the aim and shoot buttons. I don't like A being shoot and B being aim. :l

EDIT: Another difficulty beyond Professional would have been neat too, since the Wii Remote controls made the game way too easy. :P Not a serious complaint, but just thought I'd mention it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 04:29:05 AM by Dizzy » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2010, 12:17:06 PM »

Lost in nightmares is great, if you're a RE fan you need this.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2010, 06:28:56 PM »

How's Barry in Mercenary mode?  I've wanted to play as Barry forever.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »

How's Barry in Mercenary mode?  I've wanted to play as Barry forever.

Very cool, great addition to the cast.

Man, the nostalgia feel was through the roof in the mansion part, reminded me of MGS4 when you
Code:
return to shadow moses
. There's even a trick to play it with fixed camara angles! When you open doors it's like in the psone games (though in real time and a lot faster, doesn't slow down the gameplay), almost everything is like you remember it, this whole part is puzzles and exploration only, with a really tense atmosphere. They really got it right with this one. The boss fight could've been better though.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »

ANyone have Lost in Nightmares for the 360? I want someone to coop with me for Professional, if the time comes.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2010, 08:33:20 PM »

I got it for PS3. Beat it on professional with a friend. Fun, brief DLC. Dare I say more enjoyable than RE5, for as short as it was. Although more enemies would have been nice.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: