Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 11:14:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319313 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil 5...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil 5...  (Read 19244 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2009, 08:20:50 AM »

Please, mention a single solid videogame review site on the internet. Really, because so far i haven't found a single one. Maybe is just me not looking in the right place.
List bad things about every professional review site you can. Things like "I don't agree with them" doesn't count, because reviews are subjective. It's why you should read multiple reviews to get a good idea about if you like a game or not. Further, a good review isn't supposed to actually swing you one way or the other, it should give you an accurate idea of what the game is like while allowing the reviewer to voice his opinion of the game.

Your whole 'screw the system' attitude makes me laugh, because all it is is a thinly veiled excuse not to do research on anything. Why are you even on a gaming review site's message board if you think all review sites suck?

ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »

Please, mention a single solid videogame review site on the internet. Really, because so far i haven't found a single one. Maybe is just me not looking in the right place.
List bad things about every professional review site you can. Things like "I don't agree with them" doesn't count, because reviews are subjective. It's why you should read multiple reviews to get a good idea about if you like a game or not. Further, a good review isn't supposed to actually swing you one way or the other, it should give you an accurate idea of what the game is like while allowing the reviewer to voice his opinion of the game.

Your whole 'screw the system' attitude makes me laugh, because all it is is a thinly veiled excuse not to do research on anything. Why are you even on a gaming review site's message board if you think all review sites suck?

So, you can't name one? That's ok.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2009, 04:23:48 PM »

Careful of the slippery-slope there, we wouldn't want to see you get hurt.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2009, 06:24:44 PM »

Please, mention a single solid videogame review site on the internet.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Provided you like PC games of course.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2009, 06:46:06 PM »

If you insist on this, 1up. Their reviews can sometimes bit a bit too short, but I  just need the gist of the game and what it does right/wrong rather than have pages going on and on about intricacies I simply won't get unless I actually play the game, or worse yet fluff I won't even remember anyway.

Nevertheless, Ash is right. People are being too hard on sites over some smug notion that they're all worthless and aren't worth listening to. I bet most of you just see a few scores too high/too low for a game you're opinionated about and blindly write them all off.

Edit: Oh yeah! I like the Game|Life reviews too.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:19:56 PM by Eusis » Logged
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »

I just feel like I should mention that I hated Yahtzee before it was cool.  Then again, most of you regulars know that already. :P

ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2009, 03:44:46 AM »

If you insist on this, 1up. Their reviews can sometimes bit a bit too short, but I  just need the gist of the game and what it does right/wrong rather than have pages going on and on about intricacies I simply won't get unless I actually play the game, or worse yet fluff I won't even remember anyway.

Nevertheless, Ash is right. People are being too hard on sites over some smug notion that they're all worthless and aren't worth listening to. I bet most of you just see a few scores too high/too low for a game you're opinionated about and blindly write them all off.

Edit: Oh yeah! I like the Game|Life reviews too.

Certainly i can agree there, 1up is close in being a somewhat coherent review site.

As for the rest, well, i just happen to never read reviews when i buy games, i usually just rent them if i'm not sure and that's it. I'm not saying that my criteria is flawless, i just happen to truly stick with it and that's it. Closed minded? Maybe, but hey,  at least it's the criteria i formed on my own after all these years of playing games.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:47:04 AM by ChevalierEagle » Logged
Lunateric

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2009, 08:40:26 PM »

Way to pull the "coward" card.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2009, 07:58:26 AM »

Way to pull the "coward" card.

Certainly not as good as you pulling the "troll" card.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2009, 01:56:13 PM »

I humbly request that all whiners shut the fuck up and get back on topic.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »

Sweet Jesus this game is fucking hard on Professional mode. One hti from a normal enemy will kill you instantly, or put you in dying status with armor. God.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2009, 07:04:28 PM »

And that's why co-op was invented.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »

And that's why co-op was invented.

And infinite ammo :)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2009, 05:31:59 AM »

Finished it on Professional. I AM KING!

Now for versus modes and mercenary...

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2009, 10:53:07 AM »

On the last level of my second play through on Veteran. Got infinite ammo on 3 weapons and now working on the PSG sniper rifle. I've also done the first 2 levels of Mercenaries. Grade A and S respectively.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: