Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 03:52:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329390 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Visual Novels
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Visual Novels  (Read 7272 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 06:57:56 PM »

I had a chance to try out the Heileen demo.  Suffice to say, thumbs down.  I thought the dialogue was dry, the characters were thin, and plot/situations were contrived.  I will not be buying this one.  The artwork was nice, though. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 11:12:19 PM »

Anyone has played Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Umineko no Naku Koro ni, I have heard that they both have great plot and are very interesting and engaging murder mystery visual novels.
I believe they are not eroge, if they are I apologize...

As far as I know the games haven't been translated yet, although there's fan translations in progress.  Fan translations of games are typically slow and unreliable though, so they could be finished in anywhere from 6 months to never.

This is definitely true, but I know of one group that has translated the first game in the Higurashi series: Onikakushi-hen. If I'm correct, 07th Expansion, the makers of Higurashi and Umineko, offer Onikakushi-hen for free download as well. But you're right, outside of a few notable exceptions, most fan translations don't move anywhere.
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 09:42:58 AM »

Ah, so Onikakushi-hen is actually a self-contained game in itself.  I'd mistaken it for merely being a chapter of a larger game, sort of like a single route in Fate/Stay Night.

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: