Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 10:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334708 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni/Kai
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni/Kai  (Read 2239 times)
Nemhy

Nemhyz
View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 17, 2009, 12:48:31 PM »

Just finished the second season (Kai)  like last week and all I've got to say is wow... At first (majority of the 1st season)  the story really doesn't make ANY sense but as it pieces togethor it just got more and more addicting to me.  Has anyone here watched this series?
Boomerang Flash Z
Ragu O' Ragula Slayer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 07:58:16 PM »

Just finished the second season (Kai)  like last week and all I've got to say is wow... At first (majority of the 1st season)  the story really doesn't make ANY sense but as it pieces togethor it just got more and more addicting to me.  Has anyone here watched this series?

Sure have.  That show is great.  I just finished watching the first season on DVD the other day.  I agree about the story being pieced together.  It gets really good when it does that.  Of course, I thought it was just separate stories, but eventually it begins to makes sense.  Kind of.  Oh, who am I kiddin'.  Cute looking characters that inflict pain on others.  Wow is the correct word to use indeed.

"I am the Grim Reaper's pen pal!  The ultimate macho man!"  ~Zed

"Do you think you can defeat a god?" ~Dhaos
Nemhy

Nemhyz
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 05:43:21 AM »

hehe I also really liked how things were so happy and friendly and then went so terribly...wrong.   Yea!  After the end of the first story I just kinda sat infront of the screen thinking that maybe the episodes were numbered wrong....seriously it went from brutal baseball bat beatings to "KEIICHI-KUN!!!!!! *tackles*"
Boomerang Flash Z
Ragu O' Ragula Slayer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 07:51:09 PM »

hehe I also really liked how things were so happy and friendly and then went so terribly...wrong.   Yea!  After the end of the first story I just kinda sat infront of the screen thinking that maybe the episodes were numbered wrong....seriously it went from brutal baseball bat beatings to "KEIICHI-KUN!!!!!! *tackles*"

(Nods) Yep!  Darn Oyashiro's Curse.  I was shocked when I watched the end of the first season.  I would love for the second season to make its way onto DVD in the US shores.  I couldn't figure out which characters were the most creepier too me.  The Sonozaki twins or even Rika.  Heck, Rena freaked me out through the whole series.  Even when she was being semi normal. :)

"I am the Grim Reaper's pen pal!  The ultimate macho man!"  ~Zed

"Do you think you can defeat a god?" ~Dhaos
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 01:19:26 AM »

Waah, you guys make me wanna start watching this again.

I kind of put the first season on hold at episode 9.  I don't know why.

faridmon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 07:39:08 PM »

once you guys finish Kai, then everything becomes sensible. one of the best Animes i ever watched. i hope there are more of these shows. Rei is an OVA and a short one too. not enough Higurashi
Xaevier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 03:03:07 AM »

By far my favorite anime. No other anime really comes close to the cliffhanger feeling/pure insane mystique about the entire plot your first time around.

I have watched it with friends and they pretty much just go. "Uh WTH WAS THAT!" and it's fun listening to their guesses as to why such and such works in the way that it did. The best part is that the anime really only covers a small portion of the total dialogue/background. If you read into the game translations, buy the manga, or just read forums dedicated to the series you can find so much more.

Plus the new short OVA is really good thus far and the second episode is going in a direction that makes me feel like I did when the series first came out. Gotta love sitting there guessing to yourself about what is gonna happen next!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: