Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:20:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334822 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  In this thread, we share horrible cover songs!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: In this thread, we share horrible cover songs!  (Read 6381 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2009, 04:59:26 PM »

A friend of mine (who happens to be the singer of my old band, for you old people who were around in my rocking days :P) loves to send me YouTube links to new music.  Most of the time it's stuff she knows I'll enjoy, and it's usually accompanied by a mini-review of what she thinks.  I knew hijinks were about to ensue when all she had to say about this cover of "Sympathy For the Devil" was "lol".

Really, you could sit here all day and name off nothing but horrible Rolling Stones covers.  Everybody here is probably old enough to remember Britney Spears trying to do "Satisfaction" and failing, but I have the misfortune of remembering Vanilla Ice's butchery of that very song a decade earlier.

I'll stop here for now, because that last one just gave me a major headache.  What are some cover songs that you fucking loathe?  Link to them and share your misery.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 06:25:17 PM »

My least favorite covers: 

Celine Dion covering AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long

Sheryl Crow covering Guns 'n Roses' Sweet Child o' Mine

Limp Bizkit covering Behind Blue Eyes. 

Every tune on the Encomium album was utter puke. 

Dream Theater w/ special guests Burton C. Bell, Dave Mustaine, and Russell Allen covering Pantera's Cemetery Gates.  Granted, the one verse Russell Allen sang was the only saving grace.  Petrucci couldn't even do the pinch harmonics, so Rudess had to to synthesized pinch harmonics on his keyboard.  This was a hot mess of a trainwreck.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRn9mr0DQuI

Anyone who covers a Queen song.  I'm sorry, but unless you are Freddy Mercury you should not be singing Queen songs.  Puke-iest one had to be Warrant covering We Will Rock You.  
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:47:53 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 06:49:35 PM »

Anyone who covers a Queen song.  I'm sorry, but unless you are Freddy Mercury you should not be singing Queen songs.

Holy shit, this.

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »

Limp Bizkit covering Behind Blue Eyes. 

I'll see your Behind Blue Eyes and raise you a Sanitarium.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 07:11:31 PM »

In that case, let's just say any Limp Dikshit cover.  They butchered that George Michael song too, right? 

Ugh, that band is the douchebaggiest dumbass band in the history of douchebaggy dumbass bands. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:35:08 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »

Hahaha, interestingly enough I was coming into this thread to say Limp Bizkit's cover of Opiate, by Tool.  Well I guess we can lock this one up.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 07:43:54 PM »

Anyone who covers a Queen song.  I'm sorry, but unless you are Freddy Mercury you should not be singing Queen songs.

Holy shit, this.

In all my years of listening to music, I've heard a grand total of one Queen cover that didn't instantly make me want to shit blood.  If memory serves, the name of the singer is Emilie Autumn; she's some sort of ridiculous goth violinist chick.  It wasn't a great cover or anything, but it didn't raise my blood pressure or anything.  I think her being female allowed me to ease up on the inevitable comparison to Freddie Mercury. :P

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 02:18:15 PM »

Corey from Slipknot/Stone Sour does a truly horrendous cover of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game". It sounds like a cat in heat.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 10:08:12 PM »

This is awesome.  I don't have any bad stuff to contribute, but wanted to say that if you want to hear some good covers, check out Coverville (http://coverville.com or just search for the podcast in itunes).  It's an all-cover podcast, he does about 3 a week, and I've enjoyed the show for a long time.

I seemed to remember an all-Queen episode, and sho' nuff, here it is:
http://www.coverville.com/archives/2006/04/coverville_197.html

Can't remember how good this one is, but it's pretty freaking relevant.

Also, here are two episodes devoted to bad ones:
http://www.coverville.com/archives/2007/03/coverville_301.html
http://www.coverville.com/archives/2005/06/coverville_101.html

I'm happy to say that he doesn't appear to have included a song by the Limp ones even once. :D

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 12:01:20 AM »

Hahaha, interestingly enough I was coming into this thread to say Limp Bizkit's cover of Opiate, by Tool.  Well I guess we can lock this one up.

Holy shit - are you kidding?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 12:23:02 PM »

Weezer - Meri Kuri

It's a cover for one of BoA's most popular Japanese songs. This made me lol.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »

Anyone trying to sing Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" is usually laughable. Steve Perry has an awesome voice.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Solas
Soul Seeker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 03:44:18 PM »

The one Electric Six did wasn't all that bad. Can't remember which it was. The video did have someone dancing on Freddy Mercury's grave though :|

Warrant's We Will Rock You... wow... that was BAD. Just listened to that on youtube, so bad I'm not even going to link to it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:45:49 PM by Solas » Logged

bored? make some horrible rpg names :F
my rpg making blog
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 08:33:21 PM »

Lord Scottish reminded me of that MTV Icon: Metallica debacle.  Man, that was a a paragon of ineptly done covers.  Avril Lavigne covering "Fuel" was really bad.  Fuel's already a throwaway song, but that girl has zero presence and is a weak singer. 

But the worst has to be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xcub7YxI98 Trust me, your ears will bleed.  It's Snoop Dogg covering "Sad But True."  

Although this wouldn't have happened, I would've liked to hear a band such as Children of Bodom do a Metallica cover.  (Of course, I think they were too busy covering Britney's "Oops I did it again" for the Are You Dead Yet? single B-side.  I thought that cover was hysterical.)

And if we're talking amateurs doing covers rather than pros, I'm surprised no one's linked this yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAaw9KDlc3Y
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 08:36:49 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 09:12:30 PM »

jesus christ, I didn't think it was possible to ruin A Love Supreme.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: