Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 12:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327227 Posts in 13399 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny  (Read 2946 times)
Juan_Blue

Bluejuan85@aol.com Bluejuan85@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2006, 01:03:18 AM »

I am awaiting the game from Gamefly it should arrive on Wednesday. I am starting to like this game becuase of the Dragon character named Gray. He just looks very cool and its pretty rare too since most RPG include mostly human characters but I like it when they add Demi-Human characters. So what am I expecting from the game.

Currently Playing:
Call of Duty 4 (PS3), Persona 3: FES (PS2), Tales of Eternia (PSP)

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 02:29:43 AM »

It starts of really slow and kinda weak. I wasn't at all impressed at first, even despite the excellent synthesis system. But now that I'm hitting past the first five hours, it's become quite enjoyable and the system is great (if not quite as entertaining as that of the first game). I'm an Atelier fan so I may be biased, but hey, I like it. It's a comfy RPG that isn't too concerned with being complicated (thank you GUST!).
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 02:51:29 AM »

So, it pretty much starts out like the first game (slow, then builds)?

I have it laying around I'll get to it eventually.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 07:32:27 AM »

The Atelier series, IMO, was never quite that extraordinary....but the game sure as hell is fun. =P

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 01:01:29 PM »

Personally, I'm having a blast.  I'm currently in episode 15.  The game is definitely easier than the first one, so that's why I'm flying through it.  I'm enjoying this game better than I did the first.  The game runs smoother (no voice-over hiccups) and I haven't heard anything about any ending mishaps like in the first.  Sure the there isn't as much synthesizing as in the first game, but it is still really enjoyable and funny.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Juan_Blue

Bluejuan85@aol.com Bluejuan85@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 03:35:02 PM »

Thanks for the opinion guys I decided to buy the game just gotta wait till Wednesday (5/23) for the game to arrive form Gamefly and press that "Keep It" button.

Currently Playing:
Call of Duty 4 (PS3), Persona 3: FES (PS2), Tales of Eternia (PSP)

Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 07:57:17 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
The Atelier series, IMO, was never quite that extraordinary....but the game sure as hell is fun. =P

Yeah...  You won't really find a meaningful storyline, or characters that even try to be vaguely original.  Gameplay is very fun and the story is entertaining though.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 10:44:50 PM »

While I won't have my full opinions until I beat it, this far in (about where Clueless is), I remember liking the first one a lot more.

If you've played the first one, then you'll jump right in. I mean, everything about this game is reminiscent of the first. The items are the same (though the item system itself is different). The monsters are the same. They've recycled sprites and certain graphics. Hell, I've even walked around on a few of the same maps as I did in the AI: EM :P

Reguarding the voices, I've had quite a few hiccups. There are tons of instances where a voiceover is being played, and at the end of the sentence, the voice is cut off, leaving the final letter/vowel of the last word unvoiced. The battle voices have been twitchy for me too.

I'm having fun though. It took a long time for me to get into it, but it eventually happened :P
jasonphamtastico

phamjennison sno_monkey966
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 06:46:45 PM »

I am currently playing the first one, and I gotta say, it's pretty cool! NIS creates such cool music.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 09:31:58 PM »

I've finally had a weird voice moment.  When fighting a boss battle, the villian spoke in Japanese and I had it on the English setting.  I still haven't had any voices cutting out on me, but I did have the game freeze once during battle.  Of course it was after playing for 4 hours straight.

As for seeing the same places, I didn't mind.  In fact it was like a nice stroll down memory lane.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: