Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 05:52:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319307 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Old Skool
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Old Skool  (Read 4204 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 09:59:33 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
Quote from: "Eusis"

That, uhhh, came out in Europe. Anyways, decent looking roster of games I suppose; I wish DQV would come out here though.

why? if its anything liek dragon quest 8 it sucks. i swear that game got worse the more i played it.

Yeah, god forbid they bring out games you don't like but others might, such as myself. I fucking loved DQVIII personally. :P
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 08:05:05 AM »

That, uhhh, came out in Europe. Anyways, decent looking roster of games I suppose; I wish DQV would come out here though.

why? if its anything liek dragon quest 8 it sucks. i swear that game got worse the more i played it.

Yeah, god forbid they bring out games you don't like but others might, such as myself. I fucking loved DQVIII personally. :P

Didn't you know that Alisha has the only opinion that matters, Eusis?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 12:50:32 PM »

Quote from: "Lucid"
Fire Emblem games were great on snes.

I have to second that. I absolutely love Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu. Played three times, in Japanese and I don't understand Japanese... I want to play the fifth Fire Emblem too, but they say it's quite a challenge, lot's of options and stuff. I really hope I'll be able to play a (legal) English version one day.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 05:08:35 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"

Didn't you know that Alisha has the only opinion that matters, Eusis?

you know i get this a lot when all i wanted is to understand why he liked it.
my reason for not liking it was quite simple.i found the difficulty a bit to harsh,and i found myself at dhoulmagus sorely underleveled and levels dont come easy in that game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 05:14:29 PM »

you know i get this a lot when all i wanted is to understand why he liked it.
my reason for not liking it was quite simple.i found the difficulty a bit to harsh,and i found myself at dhoulmagus sorely underleveled and levels dont come easy in that game.

The way you typed it came off as 'lol fuck that shitty series who the hell likes it'. Though if you still want to know why, I guess it's just the feeling of adventure, and the fact it /is/ so reminiscent of older RPGs.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 09:48:54 PM »

Alisha's spelling really sucks.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: