Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 02:09:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331780 Posts in 13583 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  So, XBox 360 or PS3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: So, XBox 360 or PS3?  (Read 24006 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 07:11:38 PM »

Only thing I can add that no one else has is that there's a pretty decent chance that there will be a PS3 price drop (by $100 dollars supposedly) in the near future.  Something to keep in mind.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 07:58:39 PM »

Yea, I want Fallout 3, but from what I've heard and seen of the DLC, I'm not interested in the slightest.

And yes, the rumor is the price drop will be announced tomorrow. One can only hope!

EDIT: Well, crap! Oh well. I probably won't be getting it until May anyway.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:01:13 AM by Jimmy » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 05:37:28 AM »

Do NOT get the PS3 Fallout 3. In addition to lacking the DLC it has huge amounts of bugs and shit reported.

Anyway, I'd suggest a 360 for one important reason: Mass Effect. It is my favorite game this generation, bar none.

But really, you can't go wrong with either one. The PS3 has some great games already named, and I'm probably the only one who adores Mass Effect this much.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 09:43:37 AM »

I adore Mass Effect just as much and it is the entire reason I prefer my 360 to the PS3 when it comes to RPGs :)

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 11:36:13 AM »

Do NOT get the PS3 Fallout 3. In addition to lacking the DLC it has huge amounts of bugs and shit reported.

Actually, I've heard each version has its own share of bugs, and they've all been getting patched so those reports could even be obsolete.
kaelkale

I've got balls of steel!

ryukaneda@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 02:03:31 PM »

Anyway, I'd suggest a 360 for one important reason: Mass Effect. It is my favorite game this generation, bar none.

But really, you can't go wrong with either one. The PS3 has some great games already named, and I'm probably the only one who adores Mass Effect this much.

Not at all man, Mass Effect was absolutely amazing. I had gameplay issues (like my car thing getting stuck on one of those husk making spikes) and they were so easily forgivable because it was just so much fun to play and the story was top notch.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 03:48:47 PM »

PS3 has no gaems.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 10:46:39 PM »

If you have a good PC, you can get the superior version of ME there. Otherwise, I'd just go with what console has more games you want to play. I have them both, and the only complaints I have are some games load slow on both systems (I have a HDD-less 360) and the 360 is fucking loud. Aside from that, it comes down to game preferences.
kaelkale

I've got balls of steel!

ryukaneda@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 12:05:59 AM »

If you have a good PC, you can get the superior version of ME there. Otherwise, I'd just go with what console has more games you want to play. I have them both, and the only complaints I have are some games load slow on both systems (I have a HDD-less 360) and the 360 is fucking loud. Aside from that, it comes down to game preferences.

Yeah, the games have to be blasting and you can still hear the fan on the 360, Ugh.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 08:50:50 PM »

It could be loud (default) or really hot (installed games).  I'm not sure what exactly causes the hardware failure, but I can't imagine the excess heat is good for the system in the long haul.

Though like Ash posted, the noise isn't too noticeable if you play with the volume up and sit at an appropriate distance from your tv.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:05:45 AM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 05:21:32 AM »

That's odd; I can barely hear my 360 when it is running.

Also, while it might be (I can't be sure) true that the PS3 version of Fallout is getting patched for bugs, they aren't even raising the level cap or anything. If you ask me, PS3 owners got boned on Fallout 3.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 06:36:08 AM by Leyviur » Logged

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 01:51:42 PM »

PS3 owners got boned on Fallout 3.

Yep. Great game, but exclusive DLC is retarded.

kaelkale

I've got balls of steel!

ryukaneda@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 02:21:34 PM »

PS3 owners got boned on Fallout 3.

Yep. Great game, but exclusive DLC is retarded.

I'm actually glad this happened, all of the games I've liked being re-released on the PS3 (I don't have) with extra content has really annoyed me.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »

I'm actually glad this happened, all of the games I've liked being re-released on the PS3 (I don't have) with extra content has really annoyed me.

It's stupidity on both ends, Sony won't allow late releases unless extra content is added. I think the market should just filter that out, since if a publisher is stupid enough to release late without content OR a discount then they deserve the consumer backlash that will happen (See: Prince of Persia Two Swords). Anyways, I'd rather not view the DLC as 'getting even', Fallout 3 and GTAIV offer content above and beyond anything I've heard of being added for later PS3 releases, and I always question just how high quality the port will be anyway. Lost Planet suffered from the port to PS3, and going to older ports Symphony of the Night and Grandia II had extra content when moved to the Saturn and Playstation 2 respectively, yet ran so poorly that the originals are preferred anyway. SoTN's content wasn't even good enough to resurface in later ports.
kaelkale

I've got balls of steel!

ryukaneda@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 12:39:16 AM »

It's stupidity on both ends, Sony won't allow late releases unless extra content is added. I think the market should just filter that out, since if a publisher is stupid enough to release late without content OR a discount then they deserve the consumer backlash that will happen (See: Prince of Persia Two Swords). Anyways, I'd rather not view the DLC as 'getting even', Fallout 3 and GTAIV offer content above and beyond anything I've heard of being added for later PS3 releases, and I always question just how high quality the port will be anyway. Lost Planet suffered from the port to PS3, and going to older ports Symphony of the Night and Grandia II had extra content when moved to the Saturn and Playstation 2 respectively, yet ran so poorly that the originals are preferred anyway. SoTN's content wasn't even good enough to resurface in later ports.

Yeah, I wish they'd release each DLC on both systems but then the competing companies would have to compete with the actual quality of the game and not how much money they can fling at the companies to have exlusive content on their console...if only that weren't already the case.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: