Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 10:13:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327949 Posts in 13430 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  So, XBox 360 or PS3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: So, XBox 360 or PS3?  (Read 23360 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2009, 08:59:31 AM »

Maybe he bought an extra Wii with the cash instead. Though if we could see what'd happen we'd just tell him to wait until now to pick either.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2009, 11:56:40 AM »

average action adventure like Uncharted.

Average? Average?! How dare you.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2009, 12:08:10 PM »

Don't be so sensitive! When I said average I meant typical, and actually Uncharted is slightly shorter than the average length anyway.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »

Ah, if you were talking about length then, yes, it is shorter than average. I thought you meant it was average content wise.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2009, 12:19:34 PM »

Well, like I said I technically meant your typical action adventure game. Most games that are similar to Uncharted, at least in game progression, generally hover around 10 hours.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »

Uncharted 2 is about 10-12 hours if I remember correctly.

Is Tomb Raider Underworld a good contender for Uncharted? :P

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2009, 09:51:35 PM »

Uncharted 2 is about 10-12 hours if I remember correctly.

Yeah, which reinforces my point of those kinds of games hovering around the 10 hour point. I don't think there's many exceptions, and those that are rarely break 20 hours and almost never 30.

Is Tomb Raider Underworld a good contender for Uncharted? :P

No, and don't ask that question again.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »

Re:Hidoshi
for me the issue isn't so much length as it is cost+length. i remember a few years ago when it first came out i bought ultimate spiderman. while it was fun i felt cheated because i beat the game in one weekend. the same thing happend to me with heavenly sword. yet i didn't have this problem with devil may cry 3 so perhaps the real issue is difficulty?

Re:Parn
I'm not big on morrowind but i havent tried the 2nd one yet. though i do enjoy many W-rpg's. i like most of biowares stuff and usually like anything with diablo'ish gameplay. be it the everquest rpg's, baldurs gate,or the x-men legends/ultimate alliance series.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2009, 09:06:33 PM »

I just remembered when i played eternal sonata (ps3 version ((longer version than xbox))), though i think its problem was more how it was narrated than its lenght, after i beat the game it was just great, but it still felt something was missing, or that there could be more, i wish this game could had been a little longer T.T... Also, most of the last rpgs, we beat the game, or the normal storyline, around lvls 50-60.. umm is this because rpgs are becoming easier in the main storyline? i remember i normally use to beat the old games with like lvl 8X, or maybe is just because im getting more experienced... yes it must be it...
Anyway my point is that there are just some games that need more lenght or the story will just became something really empty

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: