Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 01:27:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327865 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The most hours you've logged into a game?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: The most hours you've logged into a game?  (Read 7915 times)
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 08:13:27 PM »

Pokemon. Hundreds and hundreds of hours wasted.

Pokemon = timesink. If I'm not mistaken, I've logged 180h+ in Pokemon Gold.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 08:15:40 PM »

Man, and I thought the ninety-something hours I spent on Pokemon: Crystal was a bit much.  Pokemon on Cartoon Network is still a guilty pleasure show for me.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 08:21:34 PM »

I don't have numbers, but stuff I've played a LOT...

Most big SNES rpgs. FF4/6, CT, breath of fires, secret of mana lufia II and (pre-snes)phantasy star 1. This is as a teen so no money and games basically just came in december(Birthday is dec 26th so that didn't help spread anything out). That aside rpgs releases were far apart anyway those days so what I had got a lot of replay. FF4 and phantasy star especially. And now that I think of it on the non-rpg front there was no lack of Street Fighter 2 and Mario kart with friends.

Games I played a lot after I actually had options.

Dark Cloud 2. I love this game, but ironically I've never beat it. Spend 80-100 hours on it, get distracted, not wanting to continue from where I was since it was so long ago start from scratch six months later, repeat for 2 years or so.

Team fortress classic. On and off for years. Interested in TF2, but that's going to take a new computer which isn't in the cards right now.

FFXI and WoW. MMO's are cheating.

Special mention for symphony of the night. It's not long so I can't say I put a ton of hours into it, but it certainly got a lot of replays. Each time better than the last too.

After DC2 there weren't a lot of single player games that got a ton of replays. Sometimes I'll get a 'craving' to play a really good game long after I originally beat it(DQ8 and FF12 being recent examples), but generally I'd rather play something new. Those random cravings aside, my mindset is generally that a new average game is still better experience than a great game I've played before.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 11:38:34 PM by Raze » Logged
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »

Most likely SOCOM 2. I was really, really addicted to the online play and would spend days sniping people on Foxhunt. That map was so much fun for sniping, I would still play it even today if the servers were as active as they were years ago.

Ahh, I HATED SOCOM 2.  I spent my days in the SOCOM1 Canada East server as long as I could.  There was usually at least one full room.  Ahh, I still remember those days.  Most of us skipped on S2 and went straight to S3.  Sometimes when S1 was a little empty, I'd go on S2 and TOLERATE.  Well.. I'm being a little unreasonable.  I kind of liked foxhunt but they ruined some of my favourite S1 maps like Abandoned.  None of the S2 maps 'cept Crossroads really grew on me.  S2 just didn't feel right for me.  Weird.

But now that you mention it, one of those SOCOMs probably has my most hours.  I bought another PS2 just for SOCOM3 & CA. 

See I strongly disliked SOCOM 3. I tried so hard to like it, but the maps were too big for my tastes and I guess it was a huge change for me after having played SOCOM 2 for however many years. I liked Crossroads and that one stage with the beach where you have to rescue the hostages. That, and pretty much Foxhunt over and over and over again.

Is the SOCOM for the PS3 any good?

I didn't play the big maps unless I felt like blowin' shit up with tanks or I had a clan war.  I didn't like 'em too much either.  I always just played classic 8v8 Small maps.  The map packs for Desert Glory and such were a GODSEND.

I've had Confrontation since its release and have only touched it once.  I think I convinced myself that it is shit, but that is probably because of the immense lag I got from the servers.  I'll try and give it one more try before I return it. :P

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 10:08:32 PM »

Let's just say one of my many playthroughs of Pokemon Gold was 120 hours.

Outside of the Pokemon series, it's Tales of Symphonia (~200 hours) or NCAA Football 2004, as I spent a lot of time playing that game back in the day.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 10:32:25 PM »

Just for reference, my clock in Pokemon Blue hit over 80 hours for two playthroughs. Pokemon Silver was about 100 my first time through and my current clock is at 180 hours played. Pokemon Yellow I've gone through three or four times, but never cared to pay attention to time played (but I'm playing through it again right now, actually, and might update this reply with my results). Pokemon Crystal clock is at 120 hours and I'm only halfway through the game. Pearl is at 130 hours. I've played through small sections of Leaf Green and both Ruby and Sapphire. All this is in addition to the weeks I spent with Pokemon Stadium on my N64 and howevermanyhours I put into Pokemon Trading Card and Pokemon Pinball.

A life well wasted.

[/url]
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 12:11:11 AM »

Three hundred hours on Dark Wizard.  Specifically, Krystal's campaign.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 12:30:17 AM »

In a single playthrough the most would definitely be Dragon Quest VIII at 80 hours. I tend not to like games that encourage more than 40 in a single playthrough though I will likely play through shorter games a few times.

As for others, I clocked almost 130 hours on SSB:B in only a few months last year, and I imagine years of playing Melee on and off probably means I've clocked hundreds of hours there.

Then there is of course Mega Man 2...I don't even want to think of how many hours I've spent with that game.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 12:59:54 AM »

Outside of PSO and PSU, I've spent the most hours on Persona, Tales, and Grandia games.

If I had to estimate on the hours, I'd say P1 took ~90 hours on one play, which I never even finished sadly... and P2 only took ~30 hours of my time so far, but I haven't finished it either. :/ On the other hand, I have recently gotten into the habit of actually finishing my games before moving on to a new one, and with P3 and P4, I've ended up playing each game four times through (Normal Mode, Normal Mode again with carried over stuff, Hard Mode, and Hard Mode with carried over stuff). Clocked in ~320 hours with P3, and ~450 with P4. I'm sure I have nothing left to do in the games anymore, but this is the rare occasion where I want to just keep playing them until I get sick of it. The last time I ever felt that way about a game was Grandia 2 (which I probably spent a good ~250 or so hours on, back in the day). :P

I really have to get back to P2 though, but I might start from scratch again, 'cause I can't remember what I did last. :l

I don't even want to think about how much time I spent on PSO and PSU. Because I wish I could get some of those hours of my life back... and I don't know how much of that time is actually just AFK time. :P

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 01:55:03 AM »

You guys are definitely making me feel better about having maxed out the clock in Pokemon Red at 256 hours. :D  Like so many others here, I've put hundreds more hours into the series in other iterations, and I'm playing Platinum right now, so that clock's just gonna keep on ticking. 

Other than that, Diablo 2 is definitely the game I've put the most time into - I played it off and on for about 5 years.  No counter in there, though.

Oh - I bet I've put a few hundred hours into Kingdom Hearts games, mostly in 1 and 2 (not CoM).  Sadly, a friend borrowed my PS2 and lost the memory card where I was playing 2, so I had to start over. :(

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 02:19:31 AM »

I won't even bother with Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft, Diablo II, Ragnarok Online, Gunbound, Graal, etc.  I played all of those compulsively when I was younger.

Non-RPG - Mario Kart or Donkey Kong Country.  I played both of these games hardcore as a kid, any one of them.  SNES and N64 got the most play, I probably put hundreds of hours into Mario Kart 64.

RPG - Final Fantasy X.  I'm a huge fan of sidequests and FFX has plenty of things to do.  I played the game with only sleep breaks when it came out and I was at the end of it in 25 hours.  I somehow managed to put another 75 hours into it doing all the sidequest stuff.  I never did beat the monster arena, but I did do everything else you could.

Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 07:19:20 AM »

Graal,

Graal... was the shit.

My mom wouldn't let me use her credit card when I was younger so I'd spend my days in Unholy Nation doing the quests to get all my hearts and lv3 sword and shield and stuff everyday (it soon became like breathing).  I'd always leave any rupees I had with my friend Sub-Zero.  I think he's the admin of Unholy Nation now.  We had a clan named Dragon Flame... and man... goooood times, goood times. 

What server'd you play?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 07:25:32 AM by Geop » Logged

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 01:46:44 PM »

FFVIII at 300+ hours in a single playthrough.

DQVII at over 200+ hours before I lost my file to a shitty memory card.

FFT, SD2, and Zeldas 1 & 3 also put up quite a bit of competition.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Solas
Soul Seeker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 07:56:46 PM »

do mmos count? if not hmm......... I spent a lot of time in warcraft 3 custom games, sim city 3000 & pizza tycoon

bored? make some horrible rpg names :F
my rpg making blog
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2009, 08:46:35 PM »

Neverwinter Nights. I found an amazing RP-based PW and spent many evenings on it. Wonderful place with many other wonderful players. I figure this counts as an MMO, so my other two most played games are  P3 (~100 hours my first play through) and SO2 (Beaten it twice, working on my 3rd and 4th times).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: