Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 06:14:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338497 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  New FTP MMORPG Dragonica Online
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New FTP MMORPG Dragonica Online  (Read 10688 times)
MMON3rd
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »

Has anyone heard of this new MMORPG Dragonica Online http://dragonica.thqice.com ?  Is it any good?  visuals are killer.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »

leSpam?

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:34:47 PM »

I really don't think this would classify as spam as he is asking if anyone has played it.  Then again who knows, it is his first post. ;/ 

Looks like another generic Korean MMORPG grindfest to me though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 08:03:44 PM by ShiningHero » Logged

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 06:13:58 AM »

As much as I'd hate to encourage spam, I...actually like that game's art style.

EDIT: Oh my god I can't believe they're actually bragging about "unprecedented 3D freedom":

Journey through a vibrant, exotic world with full 3D directional support! Where other adventures only let you travel left and right, Dragonica lets you explore, fight, and socialize across all three dimensions.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:23:54 AM by Lord Scottish » Logged
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 07:29:17 AM »

As much as I'd hate to encourage spam, I...actually like that game's art style.

EDIT: Oh my god I can't believe they're actually bragging about "unprecedented 3D freedom":

Journey through a vibrant, exotic world with full 3D directional support! Where other adventures only let you travel left and right, Dragonica lets you explore, fight, and socialize across all three dimensions.

What are you saying?!?!  That's an amazing breakthrough!!!  Ah, finally a game that takes away the limitations of traveling left and right! 
GET HYPE!

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 05:53:29 PM »

maybe one day there will be online rpgs that lots of people can play at the same time

a man can dream...
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 06:35:10 PM »

Insanity.
Pure, unadulterated insanity.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 09:27:28 PM »

I actually interviewed for the Community Manager position for this MMO.  It's interesting in the FTP world, but it's not a game that I'd pick to play over WoW or EQ2.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
MMON3rd
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 04:09:33 PM »

No, not SPAM - just new to the forum.  Just heard it was HUGE in China (Dream Dragon) and if I'm going to invest 5000 hours playing a new FTP MMORPG, I wanted to make sure it was killer.  The graphic look awesome and the side-scrolling looks real kewl.

I saw a few interviews posted of the Euro producer, seems different.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 12:58:04 AM »

No, not SPAM - just new to the forum.  Just heard it was HUGE in China (Dream Dragon) and if I'm going to invest 5000 hours playing a new FTP MMORPG, I wanted to make sure it was killer.  The graphic look awesome and the side-scrolling looks real kewl.

If it is indeed huge in China, I wonder if it's due in any part to WoW being fucked hard by the government.  Wrath of the Lich King is still not released over in China and it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon due to government's problem with death knights and general disdain for the undead.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MassivelyMO
Ms. Mo!!

My discerning eye is drawn to the extraordinary..

MassivelyMO@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 02:27:57 PM »

If it is indeed huge in China, I wonder if it's due in any part to WoW being fucked hard by the government.  Wrath of the Lich King is still not released over in China and it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon due to government's problem with death knights and general disdain for the undead.

WOW is just getting too damn expensive. For me anyway.
From what I hear, Dragonica Online is very close to finish.  They only need to work out a few bugs and possibly do the final polish with the character skills.  Best thing this game have going for it so far is that the cash shop while adding a wide variety selection, it is mostly cosmetic and those that are are more for convience and not a major upgrade.  You have things like gold, xp boost potion, and potions (that fully heal you but have a cool down so you can't abuse), and other small things like upgrade insurance and skill resets.  The game play on the other hand is amazing, I haven't have that much fun since the good old Diablo II days.  It is fast paced twitch action chaos in a very comical situation.  Comparing this to Maple Story really don't do this game justice.  The only thing that is a bit annoying about the game so far is that amount of graphic some skill have.  Alone is it very nice, but when you have 4 player spamming skills left and right, it could get very chaotic and you can very easily lost track of your own character.

You like it.. I love it!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: