Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 12:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327626 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIII for xbox 360?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: FFXIII for xbox 360?  (Read 6767 times)
The Contact

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2009, 04:45:14 PM »

I noticed this through wikipedia, I had all the info from the various websites and their coverage of FFXIII even though I don't own a PS3, but I came across this and I am beginning to worry about the 360 release date.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54012
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 05:46:54 PM »

That article was posted a year ago...they've had plenty of time since then to start the port...
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:59:44 PM »

On a semi-related note, this picture always makes me laugh.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 06:02:25 PM »

On a semi-related note, this picture always makes me laugh.

Judging by SO 4, that picture may not be far off from the truth. :P

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »

whatever... FFXII took me over 100 hours. I don't mind getting up to switch discs once every 10 hours... god, I'm not THAT lazy!

I'm actually glad to see multi-disc titles coming back. Having breaks between discs kinda gave me better way of memorizing the plot as a whole. You hear people talk about FF7, 8, and 9, and many times when describing an event they'll say something like, "remember towards the beginning of disc 2 when..."

FFX and FF12 were so continuous, that they were hard for me to mentally organize, after a few years, of what happened when. Did the Leviathan blow up in the middle of the game, or at about the first 1/4? I can't really remember. But I KNOW that the Soceress festival happened around 1/3 to 1/4 the way through the game, because it happened at the end of disc 1.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 07:07:14 PM by Prime Mover » Logged

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 11:45:37 PM »

That's all fine, I don't see why anyone would care that much about switching discs.

But you still shouldn't have to switch discs when backtracking D:
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »

I'm all good with multiple-disc games. It shows that the game is "big" in some way. Although, 20 discs for the 360 version of FFXIII would be a bit of a nuisance in my opinion. :P

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 11:08:02 AM »

I don't mind them, but I hate when you're in the middle of the game and "Put in Disc 2" pops up on the screen.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:06:33 PM by KillerArmoire » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 04:00:49 PM »

The annoying thing about SO4 is that you have to swtich back to discs back and forth at the end of the game if you want to visit previous planets, which is necessary for item crafting, the arena, etc.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 07:08:22 PM »

I wont mind so long as they don't pull those Disk 4 shenanigans again.

I will admit that FF VIII nailed the timing of the disk swaps. Very little is more memorable then watching Squall getting impaled by a series of Ice Javelins then following it up with the screen telling you to please insert disk 2.

I agree with this. It was quite epic indeed. FF8 easily has the best disc swapping I've seen.

Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 02:11:44 AM »

FFIX did a reasonably good job, from what I recall, as well. I vividly remember the end of disc one. (I'm sure anyone who's going to play it has played it by now, but just to be sure...)

Code:
When, after Alexandria invades Burmecia, the rainy city, the party confronts the Queen and Beatrix in a palace courtyard. Then you have one of those battles you can't win, and only have to hold out for so long before Beatrix absolutely decimates the party. Then you're treated to a cutscene of your beaten and battered party being basically left for dead and collapsing. Then it slowly fades as Zidane passes out, and it's time to switch disks.

For some reason this scene in particular has always stuck with me since, and I think that the disc ending there likely has a part in that.

As for FFXIII being multiple disks, I would have no issue with that whatsoever. Disk swapping never bothered me in the first place, and if it means I don't have to buy a Playstation 3 to enjoy... well, hell, I could deal with a lot more annoying things than getting up every few hours.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 05:03:28 AM »

feck... disc swapping is a fine tradition, IMO. Although I will echo the opinion of others that they shouldn't gimp the final area or have a point of no return because of disc allotment. If the final cutscene is too long... edit it. Most endings suffer from lack of editing anyway.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 09:02:56 AM »

FFIX did a reasonably good job, from what I recall, as well.

I agree.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 03:37:28 PM »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:06:24 PM by KillerArmoire » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: