Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 12:53:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334849 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Tales games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: New Tales games  (Read 10823 times)
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »

I actually don't mind waiting longer for things on PS3 as long as it means extra content. I'd actually even prefer the wait provided we get more content. For example, I'm fucking stoked that Vesperia's getting a PS3 release with at least one new character. I'd be even happier if there were more, or more sidequests. I've already played a fair amount of ToV on 360, but I'm definitely getting it again.

Though yeah, I would prefer it if they actually said right off the bat that there was going to be a PS3 version /eventually/

Edmond3

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2009, 12:17:19 AM »

Hm, the theme doesn't sound all that appealing but I really liked the trailer at least.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2009, 01:28:53 PM »

I'd probably get the PS3 ver of ToV, just cause I'm that big a whore for the game. :l

xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »

The idea of getting a Playstation 3 is starting to get sweeter and sweeter. If they keep stealing exclusives from the XBox 360 it may give the Playstation 3 the upper hand.

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »

360 still has exclusive DLC for certain games though. I personally think that DLC should always be multiplatform, but for multiplatform games like Fallout 3 and GTA4, Microsoft will always have the upper hand as long as the DLC doesn't get released on PS3.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2009, 11:36:17 PM »

I personally think that DLC should always be multiplatform

Yeah, same way here. Unless a compelling reason can be given how DLC can be done on one console but not the other (or they offer alternatives ala Soul Calibur IV and Dead Space) they really shouldn't be exclusive. Of course, Microsoft's eager to throw the money for exclusivity, while Sony's given up trying.
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2009, 12:51:48 AM »

I was already annoyed that Tales of Symphonia was only released on Gamecube.  Now they're releasing another Tales game on an obscure platform where there's hardly any RPG's (the Wii)?  Why?  Why do they feel the need to sprinkle their titles across every console each generation?  Do your fans a service, pick one console, and stick with it!  Or just multiplatform them all and be done with it.

Sigh.  At least maybe with Graces they'll do something innovative with the control system that'll at least justify the choice of console.  Too bad I'd never get a new console for a single game.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 01:00:03 AM by magusgs » Logged

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2009, 03:37:08 AM »

http://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=1

Gota say it... SATURDAY NIGHT FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-VA!!!!
That outfit. Thats so 70's. =)

I can honestly say I hate Inomata's designs.  An A+ for being unique... but some of them are just down right atrocious. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2009, 08:18:49 AM »

I can honestly say I hate Inomata's designs.  An A+ for being unique... but some of them are just down right atrocious. 

I couldn't agree more with this. Example: Tales of Eternia's male protagonist wears a boob tube.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:20:48 AM by DPB » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2009, 04:59:30 PM »

I couldn't agree more with this. Example: Tales of Eternia's male protagonist wears a boob tube.

Nono, you're not done.  Reid's (Childhood)Girlfriend wears an orange dress to match the lovely green hair, as a part-time farmer/kung-fu master....what TF.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2009, 06:00:29 PM »

Why do they feel the need to sprinkle their titles across every console each generation?  Do your fans a service, pick one console, and stick with it!

It seems to me that Namco is testing the waters to see which console they SHOULD stick with.

Based on sales results, the answer seems to be the PSP. :P
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2009, 12:04:03 AM »

Why do they feel the need to sprinkle their titles across every console each generation?  Do your fans a service, pick one console, and stick with it!

It seems to me that Namco is testing the waters to see which console they SHOULD stick with.

Based on sales results, the answer seems to be the PSP. :P

If that were somehow true then they should have released one main series on the platform... sadly they seem to be focusing on the console user base to make any decision.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
faridmon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2009, 10:54:34 AM »

the only Tales game i played is Symphonia, since none have been released in europe. Namco sucks and i don't even know if i should be excited by any game from the series.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2009, 11:58:08 AM »

the only Tales game i played is Symphonia, since none have been released in europe.

Tales of Phantasia, Eternia and Radiant Mythology are also available in PAL regions, with upcoming releases of Symphonia 2 and Vesperia. But yes, there are still a lot of other Tales titles that we've missed out on. Oh, how i'd love to play Tales of the Abyss.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
faridmon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2009, 06:56:25 PM »

the only Tales game i played is Symphonia, since none have been released in europe.

Tales of Phantasia, Eternia and Radiant Mythology are also available in PAL regions, with upcoming releases of Symphonia 2 and Vesperia. But yes, there are still a lot of other Tales titles that we've missed out on. Oh, how i'd love to play Tales of the Abyss.
a really crappy port of a very aged  game (Phantasia), a very limited printout and very hard tro find (Eternia) and a spin off.

its not hard to do this kind of localization.

I want real Tales of games, such as destiny,Abyss, Legendia, Hearts, Rebirth and such.

Namco just love to screw us over all the time (as many companies love to do)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: