Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  So who tried Aion Tower of Eternity?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: So who tried Aion Tower of Eternity?  (Read 3417 times)
invinciblegod

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »

I played the BETA for a few hours. Not really impressed. Seems just like warhammer online or WOW painted over with lineage 2 graphics with Vanguard avatar cutomization included if that makes any sense. Another possible annoyance to me is the difference in controls i guess. Of course the main problem is that all the characters look like generic final fantasy/lineage character art and thats just boring.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »

Korean MMOs arn't exactly known for being revolutionary.

If people are looking for a big new MMO I suppose the best thing to look forward to is whatever SE's next MMO is.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 11:28:03 AM »

Actually we're going to have an import review of the game shortly so stay tuned. Also a few hours with an MMORPG isnt exactly scratching the surface. Though it doesnt break the mold at all and borrows heavily from other MMOs, but what else is new. Its actually pretty decent overall. Hopefully we'll have the review and pictures gallery up for next week for you guys to peruse and discuss.
Soviet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »

I played Chinese Retail for about 1 month and canceled. Was unimpressed. It's just too similar to WoW, and it can't out-WoW WoW.

As for the graphics, the character avatars are awesome, everything else is sub-par. Lotro looks better, and AoC is in a different league.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 04:11:57 AM »

Usually I tend to ignore newbie trolls, but it's early am and I'm bored at work, so I'll bite. The fact that your lauding LoTRO and AoC have already stripped any credibility your opinion might have.Two of the most bungled MMOs in recent memory. Have you even stepped out of Altgarde? Probably not since your claiming the game is trying to copy WoW, which is pretty amusing since the only similarities to WoW Aion has are concepts Blizzard borrowed from MMOs dating back to Ultima Online. If you had seen much of the game you might have a more compelling argument. Have you done any Infiltration, or for that matter been to the Abyss? Have you participated in a fortress seige or even delved into the crafting or shop system? Judging from your post I doubt you've done much if any group activities in the game. If you want to be a productive member of this community you best back up your opinions with some specifics instead of throwing your opinion around without some form of justification or reasonable debate. So let's have some anecdotal evidence please, I'm dying to hear more. Also just to inform you, C-Aion isn't the version well be getting here as it's neither distributed nor managed by NCSoft. Well be getting ver. 1.2 or higher which alters the gameplay signficantly.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 01:40:54 PM »

Ill argue that LOTRO hasnt been exactly bungled.  They still seem to be doing quite well, in the running for various awards and stuff, putting out good content, making positive changes.  They just didn't recieve the mass popularity of WoW.  I do agree on AoC though.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 12:32:51 AM »

Actually we're going to have an import review of the game shortly so stay tuned. Also a few hours with an MMORPG isnt exactly scratching the surface. Though it doesnt break the mold at all and borrows heavily from other MMOs, but what else is new. Its actually pretty decent overall. Hopefully we'll have the review and pictures gallery up for next week for you guys to peruse and discuss.

It has the chance to do quite well given the timing with WoW.  As long as they don't fuck up the NA release with said problems I mentioned in the other Aion topic (and fix said problems), they could have a fairly successful MMO on their hands.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: