Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 11:15:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327447 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  XMen III, Spoilers ahoy!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: XMen III, Spoilers ahoy!  (Read 5534 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 01:37:41 PM »

You guys are way too harsh :P

[/url]
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 03:08:40 PM »

Oh excuse us for expecting a movie to...oh I dunno....BE GOOD?

Yes it was action packed and very stimulating, but I hated how it introduced so many mutants but gave them no names and barely fleshed out anyone.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 05:01:27 PM »

And then killed off like half of them...
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 02:06:31 AM »

I liked the movie. It was a good way to end the series, and I hope they don't make another one. But there was just too much about the movie I didn't like though. I, however, will never get over them neglecting to put Gambit in any of the movies.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 04:46:53 AM »

Watched the movie last night.

It wasn't that bad. I don't think fans or readers of the comic will like it as much as those who aren't familiar with X-men territory. The action was okay (messy though). It's like the director butchered Brian Singer's carefully peieced together painting.

No real character development whatsoever when it came to the new mutants...made most of the movie feel a bit shallow. I liked the Beast, though. Angel was pointless. A lot of the storyline from the comic was completely destroyed.

Code:
Isn't the Juggernut supposed to be Xavier's half-brother? Speaking of siblings, what happened to Rogue's strange relative; Nightcrawler?
 The Phoenix, other than the flares of flame towards the end of the movie (which I did not, at the moment, connect with her name but with Pyro's powers for some reason), did not do anything related to the Phoenix shape we saw at the end of the second movie. I was expecting something...different. She was powerful, but felt minor.

All of that aside. The scene where the Beast stabs Magneto with "The Cure" made me wanna go all Darth Vader (nooooo). The look on his face...perfect.

To conclude; an alright movie that could've much, much better.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 10:55:13 AM »

I don't know if this is a spoiler or not since it has nothign to do with the movie but Juggernaut is Xavier's step brother. Which is why I was so annoyed that Xavier didn't freakin recognize him.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 05:41:23 PM »

I just realized that the guy who directed this was the same guy who made Rush Hour 2.

No wonder.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 01:25:55 AM »

...I liked Rush Hour 2.

*Jimbo runs off to cry in the corner.*
Dio

... I'm not Dead.

SummonerDio@msn.com Diobility Diobility
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2006, 02:48:47 AM »

Quote from: "Dade"
John wins.

You know, I didn't even see the movie after hearing from folks about how bad it was, but I was considering seeing it, regardless of the reviews... but now that I see John's rant, and realize all the fuck-ups since the beginning of the trilogy, then I won't bother going.

Of course, it's all about the money... and people will go see it, anyway. Bleh.

Infinite.Bit Radio
Dedicated station to actual video game and anime music from various soundtracks. No radio show podcasts or anything like that... Just pure 100% music. Old, new and remade tracks is what you'll hear from us.
glenncerritos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2006, 10:44:38 PM »

Marvel is known for bringing characters back. I'm sure after all the money this movie made there will be a 4th! I'm suprised so many people are bashing it.....the clip at the end opens it up for the next one.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: