Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 05:29:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319786 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Any of you bitches played Lord of the Rings Online?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any of you bitches played Lord of the Rings Online?  (Read 2759 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2009, 05:48:20 PM »

I started downloading the 10-day trial on a whim, even though I know jack shit about it.  It was that or AoC, and I know plenty about that latter one. :P

Basically, all I want to know is if it's good enough to play for ten days and take up ten gigs of my hard drive. :P

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 06:05:59 PM »

Basically, all I want to know is if it's good enough to play for ten days and take up ten gigs of my hard drive. :P

No, it's not.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 08:26:14 PM »

Dan, fucking come back to WoW.

Seriously.you're 80, you have a pally, we need deeps, Ulduar first boss is lololz

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:28:51 PM »

It's not too bad I suppose, the character name filter is pretty annoying, and the beginning cinematics are okay, but after that, it falls into what every other MMO does, so I don't think you should bother unless you really like Middle Earth.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 09:39:17 AM »

you have a pally

And that's the problem.  I should have rolled a lock. :P

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 08:57:34 PM »

Ret pallies are rocking some pretty good dps these days it seems.

Anyways I tried this back when it launched, and it has its charm.  Id probably rate it number 2 behind WoW in terms of MMOs, at least in terms of PVE content.  Middle Earth doesnt always make the greatest setting, but still, it was really solid.  The expansion also got pretty good reviews, though Ive been absorbed in WoW so I havnt tried it.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
HolyKnight
boredum invents amusement

98544544 jltidus zidane_6969
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 07:26:33 PM »

i liked it and thought the graphics were pretty well done.  you should have a descent computer to run it however, i ran it on minimum specs and certain scenes my computer just didn't want to work with me.  i definitely recommend playing in on recommended specs if available, which is the reason why i quit playing.  If i ever quit buying laptops and get a desktop with a 3+ ghz processor i'd give it another try.  Til then i'm stuck on WoW wit my ret pally

~Currently Playing~
Final Fantasy Tactics (psp; FINALLY beat weigraf battle at end of chapter 3), Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (psp; almost at the end), Suikoden (psp download; just started), Star Ocean 2 (psp; just got to second planet), World of Warcraft (pc; The Forgotten Coast server, Level 73 Ret Paladin, Tormentblood
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: