Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 07:49:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338137 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Is the DSi worth it?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is the DSi worth it?  (Read 1989 times)
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »

The hinge on my DS lite just cracked and am wondering if I should buy another new DS lite, or get the DSi?

JP
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »

Do you like playing GBA games? If so, don't buy the DSi unless they announce some awesome downloadable GBA games here soon.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 04:28:02 PM »

Do you like playing GBA games? If so, don't buy the DSi unless they announce some awesome downloadable GBA games here soon.

Game Boy Micros go for $30 used at GameStop, so I wouldn't let that be a showstopper unless he REALLY wants an all in one device.

Anyways, is the DSi worth it? I think that depends on your situation and how much you like the DS, but given that your lite is falling apart I'd say yes. I like the D-Pad more on this, the buttons are clicky like the original DS and GBA SP and the screens are nicer. It's not a blatantly huge upgrade like the DS lite was in that regard, it's more subtle. It's appreciated though when going between the two, plus the weird rainbow coloration I noticed on the touch screen in the DS and DS lite (protective coating?) is absent on this.

However, if you don't have wireless the value here. One of the biggest features is the DSiware, and if you can't access that then the 40 extra would be harder to justify.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »

I'm tempted to get it just for the WPA capability.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 01:36:56 PM »

I'm tempted to get it just for the WPA capability.

It's not going to matter for non-i titles. On the other hand, if you rarely play DS games online and just wanted the store then that's a non-issue!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: