Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:20:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330188 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Fatal Frame 4 NOT coming to North America
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Fatal Frame 4 NOT coming to North America  (Read 10100 times)
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2009, 03:25:36 PM »

@ShadowLaguna: A lot of those titles weren't any good anyway.  You were -spared- most of them.  Especially Tales of Legendia, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, and Grandia 3.  God, I wish I had never spent money on those pieces of crap.

Uhh.....except for the Tales games and DQ8, all of those titles were good.

If you haven't noticed already, Gen hates most of the stuff he plays.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 06:41:12 PM »

Uh, I love most of the stuff I play.  That's why I play it at all.  I just hated a lot of the commonly accepted "good" titles, like Chrono Trigger and FF7 because they aren't to my taste.

I lol'ed at the idea that me saying I don't like a handful of titles == me hating everything ever.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 06:48:24 PM by Gen Eric Gui » Logged
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2009, 06:56:49 PM »

Uh, I love most of the stuff I play.  That's why I play it at all.  I just hated a lot of the commonly accepted "good" titles, like Chrono Trigger and FF7 because they aren't to my taste.

I lol'ed at the idea that me saying I don't like a handful of titles == me hating everything ever.

You seem to hate way more than just a couple of "sacred cows". It's more common to read a comment of you bashing a game than praising it. Hey, to each of it's own, just saying.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2009, 07:04:37 PM »

Actually, I think I've seen more positive/defensive posts from him as of late than those deriding games.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2009, 07:22:41 PM »

Except you just said

Every original version of FFI-VI.
Every original version of Dragon Quest, before VIII.
Chrono Trigger, before the DS port.
Final Fantasy Tactics (until War of the Lions came along)
Xenogears
Chrono Cross
Suikoden III
Every original Tales game before Symphonia.
Tales of Legendia, and the Abyss.
Xenosaga I & III
Grandia III

weren't very good.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2009, 07:28:13 PM »

You guys don't really talk about all that many games, man.

I think this opinion came about when we had like 8 topics talking about Valkyrie Profile 2 at the same time, which is a game I completely despised and couldn't fathom why anyone would like it.

Lard: Um, no.  I said most of the list was crap, and it is.  Most != all.

Of those: FF1, 4, and 6, Chrono Cross, Suikoden 3, Tales of Eternia, Xenogears, and Tales of the Abyss were all great games(Or at least, pretty good).  The rest (which comprise -most- of the list) were games I felt were not exactly worth...well, money.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2009, 12:47:54 AM »

Did Europe get Valkyrie Profile 2? That game was really good.

Yep. I had a lot of fun with it too. Love that battle system. I really should finish it one of these days.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
sakuragen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »

Adverts for the game - called Project Zero over here - have started to appear in games mags here. If that's the case and we get it and the US don't it might just be the first time that such a high-profile game released over here and not in the US. It's ALWAYS the other way round!!!!

BTW we euro's can only look on in envy at the amount of rpg's (and old-style shooters) that the US gets.

Thank the lord that at least the ds and psp aren't region-locked.

The PS3 isn't region locked too i think (?) which is probably why it's doing so well ..... ummmmm ..... errrrmmmmm .......
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2009, 05:57:07 PM »

Adverts for the game - called Project Zero over here - have started to appear in games mags here. If that's the case and we get it and the US don't it might just be the first time that such a high-profile game released over here and not in the US. It's ALWAYS the other way round!!!!

BTW we euro's can only look on in envy at the amount of rpg's (and old-style shooters) that the US gets.

Thank the lord that at least the ds and psp aren't region-locked.

The PS3 isn't region locked too i think (?) which is probably why it's doing so well ..... ummmmm ..... errrrmmmmm .......

You guys got Disaster: Day of Crisis and are getting Another Code: R.  They're not super high profile, but they're up there.

In fact, I'd almost go ahead and say that the position is pretty much switched for this console gen.  You guys are getting stuff ahead of us and stuff that we're not getting.  IT's a good thing it's so easy to break region locks.

But that said, I read an article that said the Fatal Frame 4 ads that went up in some magazines were fake, and that NoE had pulled the project but forgotten to pull the ads, or something along those lines.  I hope to god it comes out over there at least, though.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2009, 06:29:44 PM »

It seems like Fatal Frame IV's getting more attention than usual for a game that's seemingly not going to be localized, and unlike Mother 3 it's not out on a system that's in its death throes. I'm hoping that makes them reconsider, or at least allow/convince Tecmo to release it themselves. Oh, and I'm not ENTIRELY convinced we'll miss out on Another Code: R. It's possible, but it may just be that Europe's getting it ahead of time while we'll have it announced for fall. We'll know for sure by then.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2009, 07:41:19 PM »

Well, let's just say I won't be incredibly surprised if Reggie pulls another "Reggie doesn't like this game so no go" like we got with Disaster: Day of Crisis.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2009, 08:47:54 PM »

Missing Disaster sucked, but more because of how barren last fall was than whether or not it was actually something worth getting. I HAD been anticipating it though, and it was shown right there on the American page when the Wii's lineup was announced, so it's pretty lame to go 'on second thought, you guys don't get it'.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2009, 04:32:27 AM »

And now Gamestop's advertising it in Europe.

Now I'm just confused.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: