Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 08:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329981 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Who here actually liked lost odyssey?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Who here actually liked lost odyssey?  (Read 9222 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2009, 09:18:32 AM »

The biggest problems with the battles is that Kaim was really the only one who could take down an enemy in a single hit, as long as you had the right ring attributes and could score a perfect ring.

Spells were useless to try and cast, as a mass attack spell would take a round or two to cast, and by that time Kaim could've wiped out the battle field.

That only happens early on in the game.  If you try to play the game that way after disc 2, you're going to get really dead really fast.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2009, 11:11:39 AM »

I played that way the whole game with no issues, and actually the first few bosses were the hardest because you didn't really have a diverse party member or skill set yet.

The game was very easy overall.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2009, 12:40:11 PM »

I think got mid-through the third disk before I stopped playing. It's not even that I didn't like it, I just got kinda burned out. I promised myself that I would go back to it, but now it's been 3 or 4 months and I would probably have to start playing it from scratch now.

Anyway, the thing that really annoyed me about it was it was impossible to grind. Don't get me wrong, I hate when a game forces you to grind (it doesn't really happen nowadays anyway) and I never do it in the first place, but I would like to have an option to do so if I wanted to.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2009, 12:44:53 PM »

I believe at the end of the game, all fights will give you experience again, which isn't needed if you do the side quests, as the side quests will put you around level 85-90, more than enough to destroy the last boss.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: