Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 03:04:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319255 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  HoMM V
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HoMM V  (Read 1863 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2006, 03:10:05 PM »

Heroes of Might and Magic V

I like it. More later.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 05:59:26 PM »

Man, its been a while since I played any Heroes of Might and Magic.

Details! Any major improvements?
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 01:47:44 PM »

Alrighty, here we go.

This game is good. Not the great that is HoMM III, but not the ass that was HoMM IV. Below you will find the pros and the cons so far.

Pros
-Solid strategy action.
-Pretty good looking graphics.
-The scenarios they have are interesting and engaging.
-Plays like Heroes 3, with not limitations put on building like they did in 4.

Cons
-No map editor or random map generator. They will be putting this in the patch, so it's not a huge deal at the moment since there are a good number of maps.
-A little buggy. I have had it freeze twice on me, but take into consideration I have played for quite a number of hours so far.
-Necropolis troops suck my cock. Horribly. Like...seriously bad.

Those are the major pros and cons. If you liked Heroes 3, pick up Heroes V.

-

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 03:31:21 PM »

"Necropolis troops suck my cock."

Aaaahahahahah. You pervert.

Anyway, I've been playing HoMM3 recently. Gonna play MM4 and 5 a bit later tonight, maybe. I think HoMM5 looks interesting but it's out of my affordabation levales.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 12:33:36 PM »

Hey, I liked IV! Mostly I liked it because of something V lacks, which is the ability to use your hero like a stack, and being able to have more than one hero in an army.

Still, this game is very much like III with updated graphics. Still enjoyable, though, and Necropolis can be used well if you get good necromancy for your hero.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 05:14:52 PM »

I don't like stack whoring much, though. This is why I prefer Lords of Magic for the most part :P

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 07:08:38 PM »

Quote from: "Sensei Phoenix"
Hey, I liked IV! Mostly I liked it because of something V lacks, which is the ability to use your hero like a stack, and being able to have more than one hero in an army.

Still, this game is very much like III with updated graphics. Still enjoyable, though, and Necropolis can be used well if you get good necromancy for your hero.

Yeah..they can be usable if you have the right skills, but overall they are just so much weaker than the others. Even their final level monsters are sucky in comparison.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: