Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 08:16:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337990 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Sakura Wars 5 to be released in the US by NISA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Sakura Wars 5 to be released in the US by NISA  (Read 6996 times)
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 06:45:58 PM »

The SRPG portion is actually rather light, though it has gotten better with newer instalments. The main focus is on the character sim part. It's wrong to call Sakura Taisen a dating sim because that really isn't its focus. You interact with a lot more than just the standard girls, and answers you give in general change the circumstances of the game. Further, the writing tends to be an overall strong point, especially where characterisation is concerned.

This sounds relevant to my interests.  I must say I'm intrigued (although I'm not really a fan of mecha).  That and I want to see what all the Sakura Taisen fans are raving about.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:52:34 PM by magusgs » Logged

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
xizro345

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 12:47:46 AM »

Will I be able to follow Sakura Wars 5's story and not miss out on things if I havent played the other games?

Mostly so. It has a few minor references to other games and the animate movie (with one character of the movie put into the game), and that's all.
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 01:03:19 PM »

I agree with Spoony Mage.  The diehards will be crying bloody murder if NISA messes this one up.  Fans have been clamoring for Sakura Taisen in the US for years.  If the diehards contribute as big a chunk to NISA's overall sales as we like to think they do, if they screw it up, they won't be getting much, if any, more of their/our money in the future. 

As for Pat holding out the olive branch as long as possible, my olive branch is pointed more toward A Witch's Tale.  I know past Hitmaker games haven't been great, but this one looks like something I'd want to play. 

Honestly, Sakura Taisen is not one of the series I've gone ga-ga over (a supercalafragilistic shock, I know!), but I can see why its fanbase holds it in such high regard.  But either way, NISA's running out of chances.  If they screw this one up, these boards'll be blood red that's for sure.

They wouldn't be crying bloody murder, they'd COMMIT bloody murder.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 09:27:51 PM »

Honestly, Sakura Taisen is not one of the series I've gone ga-ga over (a supercalafragilistic shock, I know!), but I can see why its fanbase holds it in such high regard.  But either way, NISA's running out of chances.  If they screw this one up, these boards'll be blood red that's for sure.

They wouldn't be crying bloody murder, they'd COMMIT bloody murder.
Forums running red with the blood of our kill?  I wonder if you can change the forum color scheme to reflect that...

I've been thinking on this for the past few days.  Judging by their press release, NISA seems to have at least some idea of what they have their hands on.  Hopefully, that means they'll give this game the care it deserves in its localization, QA testing, and voice work. 

Considering that a few characters from the movie make an appearance in this game, I woder if they'll do some voice casting based on that.  Probably not, considering how long ago the movie was, but the thought crossed my mind.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 11:53:31 AM »

i have a question. i always thought the ST series was a strategy rpg hybrid series but i just watched a video and saw this girl fighting a big robot on a horse and it looked a lot more like an action rpg than a strategy rpg.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 07:27:44 PM »

i have a question. i always thought the ST series was a strategy rpg hybrid series but i just watched a video and saw this girl fighting a big robot on a horse and it looked a lot more like an action rpg than a strategy rpg.

There are actually 2 Sakura Taisen 5s.  There's the regular one which is a Strategy/RPG/Dating hybrid & a Sakura Taisen 5 prequel/spinoff that is an Action/RPG starring the cowboy samurai girl riding around on a horse.  You obviously saw a video of the prequel.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 12:12:03 PM »

There are actually 2 Sakura Taisen 5s.  There's the regular one which is a Strategy/RPG/Dating hybrid & a Sakura Taisen 5 prequel/spinoff that is an Action/RPG starring the cowboy samurai girl riding around on a horse.  You obviously saw a video of the prequel.

ahh ok thanks for clearing that up.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: