Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 11:58:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319245 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Valkyria Chronicles anime
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles anime  (Read 4696 times)
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2009, 07:09:10 AM »

Anybody watching it? I just finished watching the first episode on YouTube.

So far, I can say it's great. It contains some songs from the original game soundtrack, which made me grin. The tiny detail of the story is a tad different as well so far, as it starts off with Alicia's point of view, rather than that of Welkin's. It's been airing in Japan since April 4th, so it's fairly new. Check it out on YouTube. I might as well watch the second episode soon. I really need to check out the manga as well.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 01:45:22 AM »

There's a manga?

(Actually I'm not that surprised.)

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ShadowLaguna

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 04:50:23 AM »

Apparently.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 05:55:29 AM »

The anime's pretty good actually.  I was expecting it to be kind of terrible...  But it's definitely highly enjoyable.

Alicia's a little too tsundere though.  :P

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 06:57:40 PM »

I'll watch it once I'm finished the game

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 08:33:13 PM »

Alicia's a little too tsundere though.  :P

There's no such thing as too tsundere.  Unless of course she wasn't originally tsundere...  I shamefully know nothing about Valkyria Chronicles.

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 04:14:04 AM »

a little too tsundere

NO SUCH THING. EVER. D:

Edit: I will watch it after I finish the game too. :l
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:24:03 AM by Dizzy » Logged

ShadowLaguna

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 05:03:26 AM »

I'll watch it once I'm finished the game

Edit: I will watch it after I finish the game too. :l

Wise idea. From the three episodes I've seen, there are a few differences.

Megidolaon
60MP of DOOM
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 06:08:37 PM »

The anime starts out decently, but quickly turns into the worst crap ever animated.
Alicia is the worst tsundere ever and in the middle of a battle will get mad about some BS like having what's-his-face-who-always-shows-his-bare-chest see her panties in the laundry.
The army is really just Welkins happy go lucky band of teddy bears, with superiors having no actual power over their subordinates, ignoring orders is rewarded and they all have barbecue.
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 04:39:21 PM »

I assume it has spoilers for the game? I haven't played VC yet so I've been waiting.

I remember not watching the Xenosaga anime until I finished the game. Best thing about that was being able to hear what KOS-MOS sounded like in Japanese.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 07:44:55 PM »

Saw the first episode and was impressed by the quality. I'll watch the rest once I finish the game, I'm almost there.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
ShadowLaguna

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 12:19:13 AM »

Saw the first episode and was impressed by the quality. I'll watch the rest once I finish the game, I'm almost there.

Wise decision. The game and the anime are both completely different in terms of plot detail, so I would recommend beating the game first.

Morgenstern
Star-Spawn of Cthulhu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 04:10:51 PM »

The anime starts out decently, but quickly turns into the worst crap ever animated.
Alicia is the worst tsundere ever and in the middle of a battle will get mad about some BS like having what's-his-face-who-always-shows-his-bare-chest see her panties in the laundry.
The army is really just Welkins happy go lucky band of teddy bears, with superiors having no actual power over their subordinates, ignoring orders is rewarded and they all have barbecue.
Regardless, in the game the vast majority of your superiors are woefully incompetent, anyways, so I was always aching for Welkin or Varrot to just tell them to "STFU" and do things right, for a change. Most of the late-game operations are only made difficult due to some idiotic order handed down from on high.

I'll try and catch this - easily one of my favorite games.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 08:22:49 PM »

i already saw it all, and its.. well its good, its a nice change for valkiria chronciles fans, since we get to see more in deep about the chars, but they exploded the welkin's friend (i already forget his name) that is archeologist to the max! i already had the weklin-alicia pair in my mind from the game and it felt weird watching that dood flirting with her! i wanted to hit that dude *sight*, well most of the anime is this "triangle of love" stuff but it ends good, i was satisfied with the ending so u dont have to worry. Anyway its not an anime to be remembered, but if you liked the game u will like this.

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: