Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334781 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Up
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Up  (Read 4323 times)
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 07:45:27 PM »

Rewatch the beginning newsreels re: Muntz and the dogs,

JP
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 08:47:05 AM »

C'est la vie.

Voulez vous pomme de terre avec fromage.

ET POULET.

MDR!

If I remember my French, I think you just offered me Cheese Fries and Chicken?

Sweet,

JP

Actually, french fries are pomme frite (sp?).  I believe that "pomme de terre" is better translated as "road apples."  (You know... horse poop.)  But I don't actually speak french, so... yeah.

I think he's goofing on a line from the song Lady Marmalade: "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?"

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
óKurt Vonnegut
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 12:42:07 PM »

Pomme Frites are French fries,

Pomme de Terre If I recall is Apple of the Earth, better known as Potatoes,

JP
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 02:23:07 PM »

It's always the movies I'm anticipating the most that get delayed down here. Even Caroline isnít out yet.

Ah well, Iím sure Iíll enjoy it when I see it. I donít think it will be able to usurp The Incredibles as my favourite Pixar film, but I have no doubt it will be entertaining.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 12:34:53 AM »

This is incredibly sad but awesome at the same time - http://www.ocregister.com/articles/pixar-up-movie-2468059-home-show

jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 10:18:40 AM »

So rarely do I become affected by a news story, but I actually just cried.

Especially when considering the film itself--WOW,

JP
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 12:42:57 AM »

Random aside: Never seen Cars but it looks dumb :( It's also apparently considered Pixar's worst movie?

Not at all, Cars was a good Pixar. Not one of their greats, but it is one of the good ones.

For the record, the only Pixar I don't like is A Bug's Life, and even then, it's still okay.

I also think the dogs were injected into this movie purely for the kids. They really have no place in it otherwise.

Yeah I thought the dogs were a bit awkward, but at least they did something with them.

Wouldn't Muntz be a lot older than K(C)arl? They portray them as being the same age, but Muntz was C(K)arls childhood hero, right? Odd.

Yeah you'd think Muntz would've died of old age long ago, but I guess being someone that has all these adventures makes him a bit more physically fit than an average Joe.

Ah well, Iím sure Iíll enjoy it when I see it. I donít think it will be able to usurp The Incredibles as my favourite Pixar film, but I have no doubt it will be entertaining.

I think the only thing I didn't like about The Incredibles is that at the end of the film you have the family finally coming together...under the pretense of beating the shit out of people. =P
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 12:08:22 PM »

This is incredibly sad but awesome at the same time - http://www.ocregister.com/articles/pixar-up-movie-2468059-home-show

Aww.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Desdichada

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 11:18:03 AM »

The five minutes that Up has you spend with a couple of the characters at the beginning does more for character development and elliciting empathy and understanding from the audience than most other movies are able to do with two hours. Bravo, Pixar is amazing. Love the bond that develops later on too, love the little details Pixar always inserts, (Toy Story Pizza delivery truck in background), love, love, love!
Oh, I didn't like the dogs though. First talking dog = funny, rest of them = overkill. Especially the part where the dogs were flying airplanes... /facepalm
/kids did seem to think it was hilarious though
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: