Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 06:30:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341326 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Marvel vs Capcom 2 finally confirmed for XBL and PSN.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Marvel vs Capcom 2 finally confirmed for XBL and PSN.  (Read 11680 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 11:40:54 AM »

This may come as a surprise to someone like you, but some people don't care if a game is broken as long as they have fun playing it.

Man, you exemplify everything people hate about hardcore fighterfags.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:43:12 AM by Leyviur » Logged

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 12:02:03 PM »

I admit to being possibly the only person who did not play MvC2. Since the online function, I've been enjoying playing fighters since I actually have people to play with and not just dumb AI. I'm definitely getting the 360 version when it comes out.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »

This may come as a surprise to someone like you, but some people don't care if a game is broken as long as they have fun playing it.

See, the thing is, you can be a total hardcore tourny fighter and still have a good time with any game. I'll play some fucking Clayfighter if that's what it takes. That game is dicks for tournies, but it's still fun.

Gen here also has a very hilarious version of events, and I'll tell you why.

I planted Ippatsuman as a broken character in my argument to see if Gen'd take the bait. Gold Lightan IS broken, but Ippatsuman isn't. He's probably one of the more balanced characters. So fuck right off, Gen. You don't know shit.

Also, Storm's keepaway game? Like that matters in MvC2. Every single character has a flight/projectile move or at least a cross-up that'll take her right the fuck out. Same with Sentinel. Just 'cause people use those tactics doesn't make the characters broken or unbalanced. There's a way around everything. You sound like the kind of person who complains when people start spamming shoryukens and hadokens in SF. There are ways around nearly everything. There are only FOUR factors that will qualify a character as broken:

1. Input vs Output.
2. Hitbox Potential
3. Punish vs Recovery Time
4. Invincibility Frames

The King of Fighters '98 is the single most well-balanced fighter ever produced, save perhaps for SFII HD Remix. In KoF'98, Rugal Bernstein is the only character who's honestly and truly broken. He's also the boss, and is the prime example of SNK Boss Syndrome. His IvO is +30/-30, his hitbox is large but extremely thin, his punish time is non-existent except after missing his Genocide Cutter, and he has more invincibility frames than the human race has toes. That's why Rugal is broken, that's why SNK Boss Syndrome sucks, and those are the only factors that matter. If anything else, most of all standard character tactics bother you, you're a god damned whiny scrub.

Get the fuck out of my house.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 12:48:10 PM »

I knew there were two especialyl top tier characters in Tatsu, and I was postive that Gold Lightan was one of them.  I assumed you weren't playing some childish game with me, so I went with it because I didn't feel like looking up the name.  Good show, you sure showed me who's boss!

And FYI: I also only care if I'm having fun with a game; I've certainly said it enough on these boards that you should know that.  That's just one more reason as to why I think MvC2 is terrible, I don't have fun playing it.  The fact that it's also broken to hell is just icing.

You sound like the kind of person who complains when people start spamming shoryukens and hadokens in SF. There are ways around nearly everything.

Ahahaha.  No.

And of course there's a way around pretty much everything.  Which is why when things come to light that you can't get around (Akuma's air fireballs in SF2, Geese and Zero in SvC Chaos) they're considered broken.  Which is why MvC2 irritates me so much because it's so obviously broken and yet people ignore it.

I already explained why Sentinel is broken, and I even followed your silly "rules for being broken".  I won't say learn your info because I think we're both beyond that point, but at least pay attention.

And last time I checked, Virtua Fighter 4 was regarded as much more balanced than any fighter, let alone any of the KoF games.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 01:05:32 PM »

Actually i agree with Gen here (i know, it's not a nice sensation) MvC2 is a very broken game and nobody can deny that. Now, if some have fun with the game or not that's a different debate. One quite pointless anyway. The game is broken enough to kill any enjoyment i could have with the game, curious enough i have the game for the Dreamcast when i bought the console from a friend. It's ok to play along friends from time to time, but i quickly change it for Street Fighter 3 Third Strike or some other fighter that is actually fun and good. MvC2 is pretty much the embodiment of tedium and repetition in the genre. This topic reminded me that i actually have the game, and that i should sell it one of these days.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 01:14:07 PM »

Oh hey, a videogame where jamming buttons makes Ryu beat the shit out of Wolverine. That's the kind of game I can get behind.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 01:17:28 PM »

I just took a lunch break and calmed down enough to realize what a stupid and pointless argument this whole thing is.  I have no idea how I got roped into it.

I don't enjoy playing MvC2 at all.  I find it to be too broken and poorly executed to be enjoyable on any level; if you do, then hooray for you.  I'll go stomp some fools with Potemkin.

But I also realized I failed to comment on something else, which I do feel needs to be brought up.

I find the assertion that the hardcore fighting game players "don't have fun" playing the game simply because they take the game seriously to be hilarious.  In fact, the hardcore players probably have more fun with the games, simply because we dig into the games and find all the hidden gems that many times turn mediocre games into great ones that we enjoy for years and years, while casual "only for fun" players generally play a game for a month or two before forgetting about it completely.

I enjoyed Guilty Gear a hundred times more once I took the game seriously and really learned how to play then I ever did just randomly mashing out specials.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »

Why do people care about this broken as fuck game?  Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom is superior in every way imaginable.
every bit as bad as SFIV's Sagat -- who, by the by, is softbanned at most tournaments as a result. :P

I've yet to hear of a tourney who banned Sagat. You just don't see Sagat as much because he doesn't have as much of a mixup game and people would rather go with someone like Ryu or Rufus who both have a ton of ways to play.

I think it's cool that MvC2 is getting released, but I won't be playing it most likely.  Blazblue and King of Fighters XII both have a summer release date and both are games I'd rather play.  To me, MvC2 is one of those games where you sit down with a bunch of friends in real life and play it.  Also keep hearing about the infinite combos that can be performed with not a ton of effort in this game.  It's sort of a put-off (playing online at least) when there are other great fighters to play out there.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 02:06:06 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 08:23:45 PM »

I just took a lunch break and calmed down.

Quote from: Gen Eric Gui
when Tatsu first came out Homebrew still worked

holy shit hes admitted to pirating games on the boards.......

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 09:07:24 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLW52Y_-JBg

Thread done.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 09:20:14 PM »

Gen: I don't give a shit about balance in tournament play or anything like that.  I'm the kind of guy that gets a kick out of the fact that there's a super taunt in the game.  My team is Dan/Servbot/Amingo.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Marvel vs Capcom 2 has a lot of characters, most of which I know and love, it's easy to pick up and play, and it'll have online play.  I don't have the need or want for the ability to pick out the fifth frame in an animation to know when to launch my counter-attack - as long as it's half as smooth as HD Remix's online play, I'm golden.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »

Buying the game != pirating.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 11:52:40 PM »

Buying the game != pirating.

Wee.  A.  Boo.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 11:56:02 PM »

Wee.  A.  Boo.

Oh shut up already.

Code:
I'm defensive because I've done this and more for Mother 3.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 12:03:20 AM »

Nobody could care less if tourneyfags enjoy their games.

The problem comes in when the tourneyfags tell other people they shouldn't enjoy a certain game because it's 'broken.'

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: