Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:06:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327939 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Growlanser PSP - Website Open
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Growlanser PSP - Website Open  (Read 3621 times)
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 07, 2009, 04:39:47 AM »

http://gl.atlusnet.jp/
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1221811_1407.html

For those of you who don't know Famitsu announced that both the first Growlanser and Persona are being brought to the PSP. While these games are reusing the graphics from the original games they still have a number of enhancements. With Growlanser they promise an expanded story with new characters and faster battles.

I hope Atlus USA doesn't pass on this one. :(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:49:02 AM by jj984jj » Logged
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 06:40:29 AM »

You and me both.  And I am not just saying that because I am an unabashed Urushihara fan.  Maybe.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 09:31:02 AM »

I was excited for this game until I saw how homosexual the main character looked.

I'll pass.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:57:23 AM »

Amazing how times change.  Back when I first learned about the game in '99 I thought the hero looked badass.  Now, I think he looks like a My Chemical Romance reject emo-kid.  Urushihara's still a killer artist, though.  His female characters always look awesome.    <3 Captain Tita.

It's been often said that the first Growlanser game was the best one, yet that one was never released in the US.  And I don't know how well other US released Growlanser games have done, saleswise.  It's not a commodity that people have really heard about.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 02:51:03 PM by Dincrest » Logged

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 10:27:32 AM »

Amazing how times change.  Back when I first learned about the game in '99 I thought the hero looked badass.  Now, I think he looks like a My Chemical Romance reject emo-kid.  Urushihara's still a killer artist, though.
I still think Carmaine looks the most badass of the Growlanser mains.  Current generation perceptions be damned!  :P

It's been often said that the first Growlanser game was the best one, yet that one was never released in the US.  And I don't know how well other US released Growlanser games have done, saleswise.  It's not a commodity that people have really heard about.
Growlanser hasn't ever made that big a splash in the US, from what I can tell.  Which is unfortunate, because I really enjoyed the Growlanser Generations collection from Working Designs (Still have it , in fact).  It kind of slims the PSP ports chances of being brought over, but I won't give up hope yet. 

Those two new heroines are cute!

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »

Europe got Heritage of War. Europe. That makes me think the chances of the US getting Growlanser PSP aren't that slim...
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 02:42:39 PM »

Spoony Mage: If Urushihara knows how to do anything, it's his female designs.  I like this particular hero's design the most as well, for instance, but that's because all the other ones out here look extremely generic.  Growlanser IV's hero probably looked the best overall from what I saw of him in the art book, but any given female design in the series puts that to shame - which in the grand scheme of things with Urushihara's penchant for female relationships is just fine with me...

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 10:35:20 PM »

Growlanser probably has Noriyuki Iwadare's best RPG soundtrack ever. I've actually played the Japanese version and hope it gets translated officially.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 11:18:29 AM »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:38:22 PM by KillerArmoire » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 06:39:55 PM »

Spoony Mage: If Urushihara knows how to do anything, it's his female designs.  I like this particular hero's design the most as well, for instance, but that's because all the other ones out here look extremely generic.  Growlanser IV's hero probably looked the best overall from what I saw of him in the art book, but any given female design in the series puts that to shame - which in the grand scheme of things with Urushihara's penchant for female relationships is just fine with me...
The hero for Growlanser IV looked all right, but I do have to agree that it's his female character designs that bring me to the games.  Hell, looking at some of the manga he's done made me a fan long before GL.  It's just too bad that his designs don't translate well to sprites, since they tend to be somewhat elaborate at times.  That's really my only (small) complaint.  Small price to pay for those gorgeous portrait shots, though.

I'd like to believe that we're going to get this. We got Chaos Wars after all. <_<
Why do I not find this a vote in GL PSP's favor, despite the appearance of Carmaine and Tipi?

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 07:51:34 PM »

Bump for a possible rumor release.  If this is indeed the title Xseed just went up a couple notches in my awesomeometer.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/05/04/xseed-publishing-an-enhanced-remake-of-a-psone-rpg/

Seems plausible, especially since Atlus seems to be in a bit of financial difficulty lately.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 10:42:04 PM »

I pray Atlus USA won't let us down.

But if they do, I'll take ANY publisher.

I love classic Growlanser gameplay.

And Heritage of War was not it.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 12:18:40 AM »

Looking forward for this game since I picked up Growlanser Generations.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Pcmaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 11:15:36 PM »

I hope they change the frequency of random battles for Persona.

I was trying to invite you, but you weren't online. I'll add you if you and me are both on at the same time. You can also ask anyone in the guild for an invite just type /who sparky and you'll get a list of the guild members that are online, you can ask one of them for an invite :D
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: