Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 11:54:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327924 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Bayonetta
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: Bayonetta  (Read 21534 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2010, 11:54:47 PM »

That may not happen for a very long time though. I have a good ol' tube TV that's... Well, it was built in 1979. And it still works perfectly, aside from needing its vertical hold adjusted whenever I turn it on. So yeah, tubes are, by and large, built to last a damned long time it seems.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2010, 12:10:32 AM »

I had the Samsung GXTV give out on me, but maybe that'll be operational again with a part switched out. Looking online after it broke suggested it was possible anyway, and I'd like to do it someday just for retro (pre-DC) gaming.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:18:42 PM by Eusis » Logged
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »

Mines some Panasonic TV I got since '95-96. More than a decade, but still faithful.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2010, 01:11:57 AM »

I got my TV less than two years ago aaaaand somehow managed to forget that it has HDMI inputs. (I'm using component until I can actually get to a store.) Probably because I don't have an HD cable box. Before that I actually had a TV that lasted something like five years and a few other TVs that kinda just rotated through the house.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2010, 01:30:29 AM »

I got my TV less than two years ago aaaaand somehow managed to forget that it has HDMI inputs. (I'm using component until I can actually get to a store.) Probably because I don't have an HD cable box. Before that I actually had a TV that lasted something like five years and a few other TVs that kinda just rotated through the house.

Does Monoprice ship to Canada? If so go to them.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2010, 03:03:58 AM »

I liked this part (earliest part in the game):
Code:
Bayonetta dressed as a holy woman, then her clothes got slits showing her butt and boobs

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2010, 07:22:15 AM »

I second the above post because it talks about Bayonetta and not fucking TVs.

I played this game to the point my 360 locked up from overheating. Sign of an addicting, good game, IMO. I'd continue playing (at 4 in the morning) but my 360 just told me to fuck off. Sad. ; ;
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2010, 10:25:22 AM »

Does Monoprice ship to Canada? If so go to them.

Looks like. I'm liking the prices, and the shipping's reasonable as long as I don't choose UPS. =P

And Tony, welcome to every message board topic ever.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:28:27 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »

Every message board topic ever has talked about Bayonetta? Fuck I knew my back log was a little intense, but I didn't expect it to exist in the fourth dimension now.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2010, 08:20:44 AM »

Bayonetta was fun, but honestly, aside from the tongue-in-cheek humor and blatant oversexuality - I really didn't find it all that more interesting than DMC4. Outside of the gameplay (which is amazing) the fact that everything was so incredibly over the top, for no other reason than being over the top, got really old by chapter X. The game is far too long to not take itself seriously - and fuck, how many times do you have to fight through an alternate version of Vigrid with almost as many QTE's as Ninja Blade. Bayonetta is definately stylish, sexy and intense, but I enjoyed Darksiders alot more overall.
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2010, 02:56:02 PM »

WHY DO PEOPLE COMPARE DARKSIDERS TO BAYONETTA THEY ARE DIFFERENT GAMES WHY DO WE NOT COMPARE METROID TO CALL OF DUTY HEY GUYS FUCK CALL OF DUTY METROID IS BETTER SERIOUSLY WTF
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »

WHY DO PEOPLE COMPARE DARKSIDERS TO BAYONETTA THEY ARE DIFFERENT GAMES WHY DO WE NOT COMPARE METROID TO CALL OF DUTY HEY GUYS FUCK CALL OF DUTY METROID IS BETTER SERIOUSLY WTF

Actually, people HAVE compared Metroid Prime to Halo, remember? In fact I think it's the same logic behind both: they're superficially similar (sci-fi first person shooters, the biggest on their respective platforms) but beyond that are utterly different.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:47:51 PM by Eusis » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2010, 05:38:54 PM »

Darksiders = World of Warcraft: The Action Game

I traded it in with a bunch of other games for Rock Band 2.  It was an excellent move on my part.
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2010, 01:48:04 AM »

Darksiders = World of Warcraft: The Action Game

I traded it in with a bunch of other games for Rock Band 2.  It was an excellent move on my part.

Where do we fit Bayonetta in all of this?

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2010, 03:31:02 AM »

A lot of people compare God of War 3 to Bayonetta...

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: