Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 12:29:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330128 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  SRTOGS Endless Frontier
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: SRTOGS Endless Frontier  (Read 8363 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 02:17:00 AM »

I actually bought this because it was basically Namco X Capcom portable, and it even brought along their protagonists(Reiji & Xiaomu).

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 04:22:41 PM »

i dont know hathen. i personally thought SRT D was REALLY hard! and comparatively speaking i thought SRT og2 is fairly easy. however i think some of D's difficulty comes from the fact that the amount of stat you get from upgrades is really low compared to later games. and some of what makes SRT OG2 easy is the plentiful combination attacks. maybee if i'm lucky kaguya nanbu will appear in a future OGS game.
kyosuke+excellen+sanger=kaguya

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »

Looks like fanservicy RPG's are going to be more common. I wonder when they'll release a game that caters to the yaoi crowd?

Going to be more common?  Exactly how many games have you played in the past few years?

Hundred or so?

I didn't mean DoA and the like when I said that, I meant the games that are made for anime geeks. The ones with specific fanservice, not just bouncing boobs. A catgirl here, a tsundere there, something to please the loli-fans... Those games.
Yeah, admittedly SRT OG Saga has DoA levels of fanservice (and admits it with reckless abandon), but pretty much anything from NISA could be considered guilty of otakufanboy pandering.  Mana Khemia and Ar Tonelico being two big examples.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 09:59:02 PM »

ummm... Mana Khemia how so?

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2009, 10:03:56 PM »

Maybe it was just me, but a lot of the girls there seemed to fit at least some kind of archetype.  Though now that I think about it, maybe not.  The girls were just weird, even for high school girls, but at least in a fun way.  I remember having an argument with someone over the characters in this game a while ago, so maybe that's where the idea came from.

I haven't played it in a while, so maybe I'm just exaggerating.  Sorry.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2009, 12:38:33 AM »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:41:43 PM by KillerArmoire » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 02:10:05 AM »

Maybe it was just me, but a lot of the girls there seemed to fit at least some kind of archetype.  Though now that I think about it, maybe not.  The girls were just weird, even for high school girls, but at least in a fun way.  I remember having an argument with someone over the characters in this game a while ago, so maybe that's where the idea came from.

I haven't played it in a while, so maybe I'm just exaggerating.  Sorry.

There's the catgirl (who seems to be obsessed with finding a good boyfriend, because she wants a lot of babies), the gothic lolita ghost girl, the sick cute girl, the mature 12-year-old...

But the game tried to cater to the female players as well, or maybe that's just the English version. Have you heard some of the conversations between Vayne and Roxis? And their ending? I'm sure that spawned fanfics...
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2009, 08:28:32 AM »

I like tits.

...It helps that the game is actually entertaining though.  I have literally no problems with it and I'm almost ten hours in.

Kaguya and Suzuka = <3 <3 <3

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 08:30:54 AM »

So anyway, the unintentional hilarity went up another notch for me because every quip Haken makes reminds me of the fact the seiyuu behind him is the most prolific hentai male voice actor.  I can't help but wonder if they cast him in this role for that reason...

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2009, 08:45:59 AM »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:41:32 PM by KillerArmoire » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Wolfrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2009, 08:18:07 PM »

I've never played any previous SRT's before so my opinion may be a bit naive but I still really enjoy it. I love the super old school graphics, the ridiculous combos and it has a fairly lively (if shallow) battle system that so far hasn't become stale for me. The story is throw-away and the fan service is over-the-top but self-aware enough to be enjoyable. The writing is decent - the dialogue moves fast and is pretty witty. At least, as witty as incessant boob jokes can get.

It's certainly not the best RPG out there but it doesn't demand a lot from the player either. As a portable RPG that's just fun to play I'd recommend it. It's actually the first time I've been addicted to an RPG in a long while.

"I played poker with tarot cards the other night. I got a full house and four people died."
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2009, 09:52:10 PM »

I've played the game for 3 hours or so. A pretty solid spin-off thus far and I am enjoying myself. If it does suck later on, at the very least, the battle animations are cool and there's fanservice. ;x

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: