Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 03:51:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330207 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Re: Gameshark 2 - Adding New Codes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Re: Gameshark 2 - Adding New Codes  (Read 5664 times)
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2009, 12:36:51 AM »

Got the Gameshark 2 for the PS2, the one made back in 2006.

Selecting the codes that're already on the disc is easy enough, but it says I can update the list and add new codes for new games.

The question is, how do I do that?

I've been reading the manual (had to download the PDF for it from the site), and it seems I need a USB drive to download the codes from the site, and then I use the Gameshark to transfer said data to my memory card, and then I have to add the codes into the menu, by typing in the respective data, in order to make use of the data I put on the memory card, that I downloaded from the site...?

Either that, or I can connect to the site via my PS2 by hooking it up to a broadband internet connection?

...do I...have that all correct?

Is there anyone who can explain this better?

Damn, imagine if the PS2 just had a hard drive I could download the codes to, how much simpler that'd be...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:40:06 AM by Bernhardt » Logged
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:21:57 AM »

What I do is download codes to a USB pen drive from the Gameshark site.  Load up my gameshark software.  Once I'm in the menu screen, I put in my USB drive, and everything gets loaded automatically.  These new codes are on my memory card. 

The manuals that come with Gamesharks are rubbish.  It took me a few minutes of tinkering to figure it out. 

I have one of the fat PS2s with a USB drive. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 01:14:52 PM »

What I do is download codes to a USB pen drive from the Gameshark site.  Load up my gameshark software.  Once I'm in the menu screen, I put in my USB drive, and everything gets loaded automatically.  These new codes are on my memory card. 

The manuals that come with Gamesharks are rubbish.  It took me a few minutes of tinkering to figure it out. 

01) Go to Gameshark website

02) Find pages for the games you want the codes for

03) Click USB drive icon to download code list for USB drive

04) Save code list file to USB drive

05) Plug USB drive into USB port on PS2

06) Load Gameshark software

07) Codes automatically added to list?

or

07) Manually transfer code list data from USB drive to memory card?

Oh, fuck. I need the original, "BIG" PS2 to do this? I have the slim PS2/PStwo...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:24:22 PM by Bernhardt » Logged
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »

With mine, as long as I plug in my pen drive once the menu screen's loaded up, I get a message that says "would you like to load codes for X-game?"  So long as your PS2 has a USB port, you should be fine.  I was just saying what kind of hardware I was working with. 

The trick is that you only insert the pen drive when the menu screen's up.  Insert it before, and it won't read like that. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:12:30 PM »

With mine, as long as I plug in my pen drive once the menu screen's loaded up, I get a message that says "would you like to load codes for X-game?"  So long as your PS2 has a USB port, you should be fine.  I was just saying what kind of hardware I was working with. 

The trick is that you only insert the pen drive when the menu screen's up.  Insert it before, and it won't read like that. 
Ahh, okay! I figured it out! Still, some of the codes I wanted are incomplete, but some of them work...

Guess nothing's perfect, but what I got should help me get through some of these faster!

Thanks, man!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: