Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 08:23:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332827 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  YouTube is the greatest website in the history of the world.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: YouTube is the greatest website in the history of the world.  (Read 12005 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2006, 05:33:32 PM »

I kid you not, every time I've had a spare moment over the past month, my ass has been over at YouTube.  If you have any interest in music whatsoever, the place is an absolute goldmine of musical gems.

Where else could you watch the cheesiest video in the history of metal, then turn right around and watch the gayest?  Nowhere, I'm sure.

So yeah, this thread is for people to find awesome and/or bizzare music-related videos and share them.  Just because I do nothing but metal doesn't mean you can't do other genres. :P

Here's some shit to get things started:

First, watch Glenn Danzig pull off two vibes that don't normally go together:  creepy AND homoerotic.  That's one awesome song though, even though this video has kinda ruined it for me. :P

If you're in the mood for something simultaneously uplifting and depressing, check out this video of X Japan performing "Forever Love" at hide's funeral.  That couldn't have been easy for those guys, which makes this performance even more special.

Of course, I wouldn't even dream of doing something like this without something by the almighty Iron Maiden.  Gaze in marvel at the best rendition of  "Remember Tomorrow" I've ever heard.

And last, but certainly not least, some more Priest.  Pre-leather Priest.  Non-bald Priest.  It's kinda surreal, really. :P  Dreamer Deceiver, bitches.

Okay folks, get after it. :P

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 07:39:09 PM »

Heh, my favorite music things at YouTube are the Tony Royster Jr. drum solo from when he was 12 years old (he's 21-22 now) and the one where Victor and Regi Wooten are having a slap battle.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPncumXZExo (Tony)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZyQAFroumM (The Wootens.)  

In contrast, I think this is hysterical.  It's no secret that I think Michael Anthony of Van Halen is a shitty bassist.  All he does is throttle an open A on every VH song.  For someone who's been playing as long as he has, he shouldn't suck.  I can't believe he gets solo spots, and this one is embarassingly bad.  He spends most of his solo time.... JUST THROTTLING THE OPEN A!!!!!!! or just standing there waiting for applause.  And that whale-in-heat distorted bass tone is just godawful.  Oh well, the guy's damn lucky.  He gets paid a shitload of money just to be Eddie's bitch.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPafbJqAb58

In contrast, this kid Stefano is sporting a Michael Anthony signature model bass, and his tone and smoothness are amazing.  This guy can play that Jamiroquai tune amazingly.  I wonder if he's that smooth at improv.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS0VUtxDO-k

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 09:25:29 PM »

Oh God, is that flange I hear on Anthony's abortion of a bass solo?  I know Eddie abused the hell out of that effect; I guess it was bound to rub off. :P

Here's something for the metalheads who haven't been metalheads quite as long as I have.  We all know and love the metal world's favorite bipolar lunatic, Devin Townsend.  We all know how Strapping Young Lad are some of the heaviest motherfuckers on the earth.  But what you might not know is that Devy got his start with someone far less heavy and aggressive:  Steve Vai.  And even if you do know that, you might not have heard any of the music they did together.

Well, I say it's time to change that. :P

...Steve Vai is disturbing me with the way he makes love to the camera. :P

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 09:50:01 PM »

Oh, I remember, and still have, Vai's Sex and Religion album.  Possibly the worst Vai album ever (though I like it), and it's Devin who saves the album.  I knew he was something special when I first heard it.

But, yes, the lyrics and video for "In My Dreams With You" are pretty godawful.  The fat drummer is especially horrid.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:34:05 AM »

That is a great rendition of Remember Tomorrow. I saw them on that tour, and when they played that I just shat myself with happiness.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 04:21:52 PM »

OH MY FUCKING GOD HOLY DIVER FTW.

That is truly the cheesiest piece of recorded material in the history of metal.

However, This is the Priest video you should have put, just so people can laugh at Halford's facial expressions as he hangs there by the arm of some robotic slot machine on crack.

It's just PRICELESS. (though his voice is a bit lacking, shockingly enough)

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 06:13:52 PM »

Yeah, Rob's voice does sound a little shaky in a few places.  Maybe it's because he's being squeezed by a big fucking metal hand, though. :P

Speaking of Halford, I actually managed to find a video of the best part of my most beloved bootleg.  Gaze upon the Metal God performing "Heaven and Hell" with the almighty Sabbath.

I kinda wish it had been "Children of the Grave" though, because Rob fucks up and comes in WAY too early. :P

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »

More Maiden greatness...

That mask is great.

My favorite song...a little slow but it's still awesome.

Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 10:16:48 PM »

Quote from: "Dave"

I hadn't seen the first video before. It was awesome and Bruce had a nice mask.

FOTD at Rock in Rio is really good but I've never heard the other live versions of it before.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 07:26:37 AM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I4RD0Gl0V1Y&search=Devin%20Townsend

I'm sure most of you have seen it, but I feel it's still worth posting :P

http://youtube.com/watch?search=Bruce+Dickinson&v=ezqO_5Yt7mI

Bruce Dickinson in the shower.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EMWCtPjDbp0&search=Bruce%20Dickinson

Bruce in his own video of much cheesiness.

EDIT: And another Bruce one :P
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FP9GWmyz5xI&search=Bruce%20Dickinson

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 05:13:20 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"

Holy shit, I do believe Tom Jones just got owned.  That's great.

Here's something you guys might like.  I posted these links a few weeks ago in my LJ, but it won't hurt to reiterate.  I didn't even know these guys had any "professional" videos out there when I typed them in, but I was quickly corrected.

The Gathering, bitches:

Leaves

Liberty Bell

Anneke looks so...giddy in those videos.  It's almost distracting. :P  And it really makes me wonder how someone who seems to be so happy all the time was talked into doing guest vocals on the new Napalm Death cd. :P

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 07:45:31 PM »

God this thread is full of so much awesomeness.

WTF ASIAN YNGWIE COVER

GWAR on Beavis and Butt-Head

Fuck that camera guy for not staying on the solo though...

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 09:13:19 PM »

There's one question that comes to mind after seeing those Asian kids shredding away...who the fuck did someone that young have to knife to get that JEM? :P

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 09:21:16 PM »

Perhaps that was a Korean made Jem.  I mean, nowadays even Ibanez' Prestige line of basses are now being made in the Korean factory instead of the Japanese one.  Not that that's a slight since Korean made instruments are amazing these days; the Lakland Skyline basses and G&L Tribute basses for example are exemplary in terms of quality; better and more consistent than even US made Fenders and Gibsons (Fender and Gibson's QC has gone down the fucking toilet.)  But the fact that Ibanez is still charging Made-In-Japan prices for Made-in-Korea basses seems like a gouging business practice.  

Ibanez and ESP/LTD all have Korean-made "cheaper" versions of their custom shop sig models.  Hence, you get Korean made Jems and JS's that kids can afford.  

Or he bought it used.  That's how I was able to afford a Warwick.  I bought it used.  

But, yes, focusing on the rhythm guitarist during the solo was kinda lame.  Maybe the cameraperson was the rhythm guitarist's girlfriend and thus focused on him more?  I dunno.

EDIT: Jem Jem is truly outrageous!  Truly, truly, truly outrageous!

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 04:44:36 PM »

Either way, those kids covered Yngwie almost note-for-note...I know I can't play that song! (yet...)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: