Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 02:23:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329965 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Daxter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Daxter  (Read 2232 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2006, 11:25:13 PM »

My brother recently got Daxter for the PSP. Damn good game. Anyone else here play/gives a shit about it? :P
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 11:28:27 PM »

I am a big fan of the Jak and Daxter series but I went the route of the DS, not the PSP. Is the plot any good?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 11:56:32 PM »

Takes place at the end of the 2 years between Jak 1 and Jak 2 - Doesn't seem to be on the level of 2 or 3 so far, but I heard there's supposed to be some twists towards the end.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 12:03:41 AM »

So basically it's about how Dax breaks Jak out of that medical facility in Jak II?

RAD...Now I'm getting it.

I love Jak and Dax, but was always afraid a portable version wouldnt be so hot.

Thanks Eusis.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 01:35:03 AM »

If you guys want to check out the reviews, here. It's not developed by Naughty Dog, but the studio that did develop it, Ready At Dawn, is formed of ex-Blizzard and Naughty Dog staff, so it's been in good hands. The Analog nub sucks, but that's Sony's fault and not the developer's, and it should say a lot about the game that I put up with that piece of crap to blast through 44% as of yesterday (My brother got it Saturday), and the only reason I really didn't play today is that my brother played it for a good while, and the battery was effectively dead when I decided to play it.

Edit: I say that Naughty Dog didn't develop it in one sentence, then imply they developed it in the next. Stupid me. :P
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 07:48:59 PM »

Daxter was the whole reason I couldn't hold out any longer to get a PSP.  I'm a huge fan of the Jak & Daxter series, buying every single one (even Jak X, although beta testing the game sold me).  I've been playing Daxter for a bit, still haven't beat it yet though, but it's definitely my favorite handheld game in several years, possibly ever.  The controls are superb (I think the analog nub is excellent), the graphics look PS2 quality (which is good), the soundtrack is terrific, the enivornments are just huge, and best of all, the game is just so much fun to play.  

Daxter is partially the reason I favor my PSP over the DS.:)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 09:11:51 PM »

Just beat it. Outside of some minor nitpicks and an annoying (but brief) stealth segment near the end, I definitely recommand checking this out, unless you hate Jak games or can't stand the analog nub. I'll admit though, that I got adjusted more and more to the nub as I used it - I probably should've noted that this was the first game I played that seriously used the analog nub. :P

Edit: I'll note though that for those that only give a crap for the story, it's not as strong as Jak 2 or 3, and either equal or marginally better than 1's.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: