Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 11:18:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338370 Posts in 13852 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Boards
| | |-+  Reader review forum = gone
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reader review forum = gone  (Read 10145 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2008, 07:44:40 AM »

We've decided to phase out reader reviews here at RPGFan.  They were taking up time and resources that are better devoted to maintaining the quality of RPG coverage people have come to expect from RPGFan over the years.  Our thanks goes out to everyone in the readership who has contributed a review in the past.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »

I'm kinda curious if the Reader Reviews that are there will remain or not. Not that I've ever really paid attention but I am curious.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 02:52:40 AM »

Aww, just when I post my DQIV review?

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:22:22 AM »

You were the reason they got rid of it. You gave people tumors.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:58:11 AM »

I thought it was because someone gave P3 under a 90%.

Not to be mean, but I never read reader reviews in the first place, as a lot of the games have an import review and a domestic review or two.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 04:11:20 PM »

I'm kinda curious if the Reader Reviews that are there will remain or not. Not that I've ever really paid attention but I am curious.

Who's gonna take the time to delete all that? :P

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 05:34:04 AM »

You were the reason they got rid of it. You gave people tumors.

Ahh. Fair enough.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 10:43:34 AM »

Damn. Just when I wanted to write up Bahamut Lagoon and Infinite Undiscovery reviews I see this. :(
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 11:01:20 PM »

Oh man, this is a bummer. I'm actually about half way through writing a review for Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (specifically written with the 'Fan in mind).

So submitting it would be a waste of time, I take it?
Are there any other ways of getting reviews up, aside from being on the staff? I'm not particularly sure I can satisfy the time commitment necessary to do that. I'd rather do the freelance sort of thing.
HolyKnight
boredum invents amusement

98544544 jltidus zidane_6969
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 11:18:44 AM »

this is upsetting... i read the user reviews almost as much as the staff reviews.  one of the great aspects of this site was the fact that the users could post their opinions as well because the more opinions you have on a game the better judgement you can make in your purchasing decision.  i won't stop coming to the site or anything just disappointed...

~Currently Playing~
Final Fantasy Tactics (psp; FINALLY beat weigraf battle at end of chapter 3), Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (psp; almost at the end), Suikoden (psp download; just started), Star Ocean 2 (psp; just got to second planet), World of Warcraft (pc; The Forgotten Coast server, Level 73 Ret Paladin, Tormentblood
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 11:14:57 PM »

this is upsetting... i read the user reviews almost as much as the staff reviews.  one of the great aspects of this site was the fact that the users could post their opinions as well because the more opinions you have on a game the better judgement you can make in your purchasing decision.  i won't stop coming to the site or anything just disappointed...

There is an alternative in the works. To answer a previous question...

The ones that exist now will more than likely be removed when we switch from our current Web 0.5 raw HTML structure to something more refined.

At that time, we will probably be building in some sort of user-based feedback setting, wherein any reader with an account can score the game and write as little or as much as they want about the game. This will be taking the place of official "reader reviews." It's in the works...far away, but in the works. :)

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 11:24:39 PM »

The ones that exist now will more than likely be removed when we switch from our current Web 0.5 raw HTML structure to something more refined.

This is what I was suspecting. Took quite awhile, but thanks for answering.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: