Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 09:42:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341097 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recommend me some manga
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recommend me some manga  (Read 2307 times)
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 31, 2006, 08:40:50 AM »

So, I'm on the lookout for some new manga, as it's been a long while since I last bought any. I'm mainly looking for comedy/drama stuff. I'd like to avoid manga that's too long (so, no 30+ volume monsters like Kenshin, please).

So, anyone got any good suggestions?
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 01:34:02 PM »

Death Note
20th Century Boys(my all time fav)
GTO
Monster
Rose Hip Rose
Homonculous

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 01:57:28 PM »

Uhu, I was considering Monster and Death Note. Monster in particular, as I adore the anime. I'm a little concerned that it's so long, though - I have this tendency to never finnish buying longer series, which is very annoying :P Death Note I've heard good things about, for the most part, but people keep saying that it really loses momentum towards the end.

Other titles I'm thinking about getting are School Rumble, Ouran High School Host Club, Genshinken and Aishiteruze Baby.

I have to pick what I buy pretty carefully, as I'm a bit low on cash for a while now.
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 06:43:23 PM »

Berserk
Mugen no Junin
Vagabond
Monster
Akira

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 01:56:55 PM »

Right, thanks for the recommendations. I ended up getting the first few volumes of Genshiken, the first two volumes of School Rumble and Monster, as well as volume 6 and 7 of Chrono Crusade. 20th Century Boys looks very promising, but it seems like that won't be released in the US untill after all of Monster has been published.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 06:51:11 PM »

Dude, do DEFINITELY check out Flame of Recca. I've been following it for years now, waiting for Viz to release new releases every 2-3 months. It has to do with ninjas and other old-time warrior classes. But the main focus is two people in particular that are able to conduct flame out of their hands, on the whim.

It gets very interesting about mid-way through the manga. Highly suggest giving it a read.

Honorable mention goes to Great Teacher Onizuka. It's a fucking riot. Ex-biker gang member turns teacher...need I say more? :P
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 07:45:06 PM »

Beck is a comedy/drama about a boy who joins a new band trying to get big. It is one of my favorite titles.
chocobowill
Banninated

william-lyons@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 05:11:11 PM »

Hmmm...Clueless, but the animes the other people reccomended look good. Ill check them out myself.
Oh!! try Hikuro No go thats pretty good and naruto too!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: