Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 04:03:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Sakura Wars 5 to be released in the US by NISA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Sakura Wars 5 to be released in the US by NISA  (Read 6966 times)
erwos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 07:48:46 AM »

Well, never seen or played a Sakura Wars game before, so, hey, maybe it'll get a buy.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 10:49:23 AM »

Thanks for the explanation guys. Sounds interesting, I guess DS2 won't be my last PS2 game. That machine just keeps rockin'.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 11:40:14 AM »

In case you are interested in more details, you could always read the review on you know, this website called RPGFan :P.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 11:59:19 AM »

i'm mildly excited but i have to learn more first. i've seen the sakura wars anime though and i enjoyed it.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 12:04:04 PM »

In case you are interested in more details, you could always read the review on you know, this website called RPGFan :P.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
xizro345

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 01:35:59 PM »

Further, the writing tends to be an overall strong point, especially where characterisation is concerned.

I wouldn't call the last part of the first game (or the whole fourth game) to be "strong" in the writing department. STV is decent IMO, despite some glaring inconsistencies with the crappy ST V Ep. 0.
I don't consider V the low point in the franchise, actually - that place is for STIV.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 08:55:54 PM »

For the lazy, here's the Professor's review: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/sakurataisen5/index.html

It's easy to forget that it came out in Japan in 2005. 

Closest thing I've played to Sakura Taisen is Piece of Wonder, and though I found it fun, it was weak in some areas.  Still SRPG and love-adventure do seem to go together like peas and carrots.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »

Holy shit, they finally announced this?  This was the second secret game that I was told about last July but couldn't talk about.

Still stoked, though.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 09:32:20 PM »

I didn't just shit gold bricks. I shat the fuckin' CITY OF GOLD!

I've been waiting for an actual Sakura Taisen game to come over since forever!  Ironically, Sakura Taisen V is the only entry in the series I don't know too much about so this should be interesting.  This is still fucking HUGE, though!  I honestly didn't think I'd buy another NISA game after what happened with Ar Tonelico 2, but I'm supporting the ST series' presence in the US if nothing else.

Hell will be raised if they fuck this up.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »

First off, ST5? That's like the weakest entry in the series. Also, no Oogami. Fail.

Lastly, NISA is doing it. This shit is gonna fuck up, I just know it.

Um...pretty sure "weakest entry in the series" belongs to ST4. Though I give you "no Oogami = fail."

NISA may or may not fail. I'm holding out that olive branch as long as I possibly can. Don't keep pissin me off NISA!

Finally, why is this news? NISA made this public knowledge months ago in an interview with RPGamer. And before that, (looong before that) NISA had told us, and probably a number of other media venues, because rumors were leaked pretty freakin' soon after last year's E3. No, we weren't the leak. :)

Ramza

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 10:06:44 PM »

Didn't they just say they were working out a deal or something? Not that I've read it or care that much to dig it up, but even if they outright stated it, it's possible something like that people would rather wait for a solid announcement for. It IS kind of unreal.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 01:09:14 AM »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:49:46 PM by KillerArmoire » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 08:32:52 AM »

First the game is based in America. So its an easier choice for localization. Next off, yes 4 is the one that was weaker on plot (though it helped close oogami's story at last... sort of.). 5 has a decent plot. (Albeit it still cheesy).

I'll reserve judgement until they release english VA vids. Then I'll either pass judgement or puke my brains out through my nostrils.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »

Will I be able to follow Sakura Wars 5's story and not miss out on things if I havent played the other games?

I'll probably buy it if its completely unrelated to the others, but if not I hate missing out and would rather wait for translations or learn japanese some day down the line.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 09:06:05 PM »

I agree with Spoony Mage.  The diehards will be crying bloody murder if NISA messes this one up.  Fans have been clamoring for Sakura Taisen in the US for years.  If the diehards contribute as big a chunk to NISA's overall sales as we like to think they do, if they screw it up, they won't be getting much, if any, more of their/our money in the future. 

As for Pat holding out the olive branch as long as possible, my olive branch is pointed more toward A Witch's Tale.  I know past Hitmaker games haven't been great, but this one looks like something I'd want to play. 

Honestly, Sakura Taisen is not one of the series I've gone ga-ga over (a supercalafragilistic shock, I know!), but I can see why its fanbase holds it in such high regard.  But either way, NISA's running out of chances.  If they screw this one up, these boards'll be blood red that's for sure.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 09:08:51 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: